Standard Earth Map Pack

Hey guys sorry I have been MIA for a while. May is a busy month for me every year (multiple birthdays and Mother's Day) and I do apologize. I will be working on my Standard Earth Map Pack here in the near future as well as updating the Huge sized Earth map!

Yeah I have been spending most of my limited free time playing C2C, thanks to you because of your awesome GEM map. I recently upgraded to a better PC so I can handle the Giant map. I tell you what, that map is amazingly fun to play.

Standard is now not to my liking since it's not necessary for me to play one that small. I know that probably upsets some people, sorry. Anyone is welcome to take it over. I would instead rather work on updating the Huge map.

Acularius,

Do you happen to have a changelog made of sorts of things you have changed on the GEM map. For example, where you changed terrain etc?

Yeah I have been spending most of my limited free time playing C2C, thanks to you because of your awesome GEM map. I recently upgraded to a better PC so I can handle the Giant map. I tell you what, that map is amazingly fun to play.

Standard is now not to my liking since it's not necessary for me to play one that small. I know that probably upsets some people, sorry. Anyone is welcome to take it over. I would instead rather work on updating the Huge map.

Acularius,

Do you happen to have a changelog made of sorts of things you have changed on the GEM map. For example, where you changed terrain etc?

Starting tomorrow I'll be keeping a regular changelog to... well, dah changes. :p

As for the changes I've done, they are littered throughout the thread.

Edit: How about the 'Huge' map?

Yes I will soon be working on the huge map. Probably starting Monday.

I also have a interest in a Europe cut-out of your GEM map. I'm not sure how to go about doing that. I also have some suggestions for your map but I will post those in your thread!

I've donwloaded the attached map on the first post and ran my resource scanner over it. Those resources are missing:

Missing: BONUS_COCOA
Missing: BONUS_COCONUT
Missing: BONUS_PISTACHIO
Missing: BONUS_POMEGRANATE
Missing: BONUS_PRICKLY_PEAR
Missing: BONUS_PLATINUM
Missing: BONUS_PEYOTE
Missing: BONUS_MAMMOTH
Missing: BONUS_WALRUS

You also placed two resources that shouldn't be placed (manufactured resources):
BONUS_GEMS
BONUS_RAWMEAT

Gems should be either Amber/Diamond/Jade/Ruby/Sapphire
Rawmeat should be any animal that fits in the area (Deer, Bison, Elephant etc. Poultry works too I think)

I've donwloaded the attached map on the first post and ran my resource scanner over it. Those resources are missing:

Missing: BONUS_COCOA
Missing: BONUS_COCONUT
Missing: BONUS_PISTACHIO
Missing: BONUS_POMEGRANATE
Missing: BONUS_PRICKLY_PEAR
Missing: BONUS_PLATINUM
Missing: BONUS_PEYOTE
Missing: BONUS_MAMMOTH
Missing: BONUS_WALRUS

You also placed two resources that shouldn't be placed (manufactured resources):
BONUS_GEMS
BONUS_RAWMEAT

Gems should be either Amber/Diamond/Jade/Ruby/Sapphire
Rawmeat should be any animal that fits in the area (Deer, Bison, Elephant etc. Poultry works too I think)

I forgot about your resource scanner!

Thanks for the heads up. The gem must have been left over from before and the raw meat, no idea. Probably a misclick. I already edited those out and I'll finish placing those resources shortly here. Thank you!

Start date should be '-50000' instead of '-40000'.

Not much, just something to point out since I believe it has something to do with early spawns such as Neanderthals.

:D

I'm going to give it a playthrough.

Start date should be '-50000' instead of '-40000'.

Not much, just something to point out since I believe it has something to do with early spawns such as Neanderthals.

:D

I'm going to give it a playthrough.

Man, I knew I was going to miss something! Thanks Acularius, let me know what you think.

This map is good but not perfect ; ] There no Iceland, while Britain is still large with Ireland and many smaller islands found their place. Small earth map I trying to import (and hope I will finish soon) had not such problems. Anyway advantage for resource placement based with new C2C resources. Hope I can "steal" on looking where to place some extra resources from yours map ; ]

This map is good but not perfect ; ] There no Iceland, while Britain is still large with Ireland and many smaller islands found their place. Small earth map I trying to import (and hope I will finish soon) had not such problems. Anyway advantage for resource placement based with new C2C resources. Hope I can "steal" on looking where to place some extra resources from yours map ; ]

I take no offense since the map was originally provided from a modder here (can't remember which, maybe DRJ) and I believe it was originally from ROM. So I only replaced terrain and resources.

As for the problems...feel free to import your own map to C2C. This was my first project here to get my feet wet and I believe I did fairly well. I don't believe any one else has complained about those problems.

Feel free to "steal" the resource placement as it is not copyrighted or anything :p I got most of the placement ideas from Acularius' GEM anyway. I just had to smash them all in to a smaller map.

Well, do not wory, that you working on not "perfect" map. There is very hard to make small earth map which would have all details, and be still realistic. For example, map I working on have very small Europe with not so much detail comparing to this one, and also continents are moved a bit from their realistic placement -> Africa is very close to south pole, which is not as in real, and I thinking about how to make good one map.

Hi,

Great map.

Can I ask what speed & turn increment I am meant to be playing at?

I got to 3000AD and most of the world had only just researched sedentary lifestyle. This was on default settings.

Hi,

Great map.

Can I ask what speed & turn increment I am meant to be playing at?

I got to 3000AD and most of the world had only just researched sedentary lifestyle. This was on default settings.

Thank you :D

Well I know the speeds were adjusted. I would recommend playing on marathon or lower since I believe those speeds are correctly balanced. If you open the map file with notepad the start date should be -50000. I believe the current version I have uploaded in the first page is at -40000. Sorry about that, i have been busy working on another map. If you have any problems changing that let me know!

OK i finally got a chance to look very very little at this map: SEM - 38 Civs 08.10.12, You need only 1 Sioux tribe in that area, preferably just Sitting Bull, but put him on the river bank someplace, they always had deer, buffalo and corn in the area also, thx. . . . SO

OK i finally got a chance to look very very little at this map: SEM - 38 Civs 08.10.12, You need only 1 Sioux tribe in that area, preferably just Sitting Bull, but put him on the river bank someplace, they always had deer, buffalo and corn in the area also, thx. . . . SO

Okay good call. I can fix this soon. There also seems to be an issue with civs getting across the Atlantic too early because of connecting coast tiles. Unfortunate side effect of having a smaller earth map but ill need to consider ways to resolve that somehow.

Top Bottom