Star Trek Expanded modmod

I released version 1.6. It replaces Cult of the Pah-Wraiths with a new religion, Service to the State (Cardassia, Dominion, Vaadwaur and Terran Empire start with it), renames the Museums, gives different effects to the religions, and moves a few civics around. I tried doing the magic TC01 and God-Emperor explained in the posts above, but it caused errors.

I'm usually not this dense but how in the hell do you get it to work? Do you merge it with a second copy of the original Star Trek Mod in the ~/BTS/Mods folder or as I've been trying just a mod folder of it's own, ie ~/bts/Mods/ST Expanded or do you just unzip it all in the Mods folder?

You put it as a separate mod in the ~/Beyond the Sword/Mods folder. You don't need to merge anything.

If that doesn't do the trick, go to ~/Mods/St Expanded, and see if you see Folders named "Assets", "Art", "Sounds", and some others. If you don't (IE if you see a second folder named "ST Expanded" within this folder), your zip program is screwing it up.

That was it. Can't believe I pulled such a rookie mistake. I am such a dope, to put it mildly. Thanks for the help.

Yes, it is updated. Even if it weren't, you could still play it (but obviously without fixes of whatever patch it wouldn't have been updated to) as it is a separate modfolder, and civ4 thus sees absolutly no connection between Star Trek and ST Expanded.

I released a new version. The main things it changes are better leasderheads for some leaders and that the Spy has 2 moves.

I played the mod as the Klingons and I was never able to build a ship using the Vorcha graphics (old light 6). It has been replaced by the Negh Var (New Unique unit) so now the Vorcha graphics are no longer used for any Klingon Vessels.

I find that about 95% of the art in the mod is missing when I tried to play it with latest version. Also about 98% of units don't work. 70% of leaderheads don't exist. So please help me play this mod I really want to.

I think you don't have the mod properly installed. Try redownloading it. If that doesn't work, try to see if the same problem exists in other modmods of the Star Trek mod, like ST Galaxy. If the other modmods have problems too, then your art isn't correctly installed, and you should make sure it goes into ~/Program Files/Sid Meier's Civilization IV/Beyond the Sword/Assets

Yes, I will when I start working on the next version. This may be a while, though.

You said you couldn't give Cube probe to fed at start... Isn't it just written in <freeUnitClass>?

No, Final Frontier overrides FreeUnitClass (and FreeBuildingClass) and preplaces starting units in the mapscripts, so that everything ends up on one plot- at least, I assume, because there doesn't seem to be any other reason why to do this. (If this code is in the SDK I can fix the issue by making FreeUnitClasses all end up on the same plot- which has just been added to my Final Frontier Plus to-do list).

However, it seems that in the current version of Star Trek this is no longer the case and there is only one Deep Space Probe for all civs. So it's no longer a problem.

Hey, I've merged your code of Cloaking with ST Expanded, and I've noticed that it gives -100% str when activated. Should it be like that? Because when detected, it means the ship is screwed by a scout :).

Hey, I've merged your code of Cloaking with ST Expanded, and I've noticed that it gives -100% str when activated. Should it be like that? Because when detected, it means the ship is screwed by a scout :).

Well, I wanted to stop cloaked units from being able to attack (since in Star Trek, unless we're dealing with that Klingon ship from ST VI, cloaked units can't attack), and so gave -100% strength in the hopes that would do it. Unfortunately, that does mean cloaked units can't fight back when attacked, and it doesn't actually stop them from attacking.

In 3.0, deanej is going to make cloaked units "defensive only", so they can defend but not attack. Unfortunately that means DLL modifications (cloning a tag from units to promotions) so I didn't do it for Cloaking Devices.

Top Bottom