Star Trek Expanded modmod

Any tip in which mod's dll to look to know how it's done? I want to do it for myself but I am a newbie DLL digger :p.

xienwolf has a good introductory tutorial to DLL editing. He talks about how to copy a boolean from one file to another (units to promotions).

That should be what you need to do- copy bDefensiveOnly from CvUnitInfo to CvPromotionInfo. It's a different tag though, so you can't simply follow the tutorial entirely, but it should be a good start.

The next version of Star Trek Expanded will be a major overhaul. I'm going to merge it with Star Trek 3.0 obviously, and this will mean throwing some leaders out to make place fro leaders for the new civs and adding new UUs to those new civs. I will also modify some old UUs, as some of them have bonuses that will now already be given by their civ's power. This will all take some time, but the old version of this modmod should still be playable with Star Trek 3.0 installed, it just won't contain some of it's new features.

I've got a quick question with regards to the 'upgrade' system. Let's say you make a complete list of unique units for The Federation. The Excelsior is a Light III, and you have an Excelsior II available with Light VI as a way to upgrade your fleet (refit of you will). How do you modify the XML file so that only the Excelsior II is available, and not the other Light VI, which in my case is the Sovereign class. Thanks!

I couldn't find a better area to ask this question, so delete/move if you feel the need.

Thanks again.

Can this be re-uploaded somewhere that isn't Filefront. Like Rapidshare or Megaupload... you know somewhere that isn't about as much fail as a rubber dick with a wig on. Filefront deletes files without warning and it requires you to have an account before you can get anything off it. I'd really like to try this modmod too but this seems to be the only mention of it and the link takes you straight to Filefronts news page (like anyone gives a crap about Filefronts news).

I had no idea Filefront had become so sucky since I'd last used it. I checked the page, and now it appears to be gone indeed. Unfortunatly I'm on an incredibly bad connection, and can't really upload anything.

I would like to see all of the elements here in ST 4.xx ...especially the leaders. Why dont you merge the mods together into 1 official ST Mod?

I geuss this is a Dead mod Shame if some one still has a working version i would love to have a Copy of it

Yeah, I've stopped working on it years ago. I still have a copy of it on my computer, though, if you know a good uploading place (I think filefront doesn't work anymore), I could upload it again.

I don't think that should be much of a problem: I don't think this modmod references the main mod in any files, so it should work fine, though it wouldn't include all the stuff put in after 2.37.

Load it up on AtomicGamer, I'll download and see if I can add some of the changes to into 4.31.

I have version 4.31. Are they incompatible? Or maybe its features are already integrated?
I don't recall seeing Jean Luc-Picard or James T. Kirk as leaders... What I really care about though are the surplus of unique units and especially the tweaked game speed.

I could probably recreate the unique units myself given time and unit models, but I don't know about the game speed option.

Thank you for responding...

If you can wait a bit, I can send a message on how to change game speeds and add units. I have a game where I added unique units for 7 civs included Feds and changed game speed. It's not hard to add, just time consuming. I might be able to send you the files I changed and you could plug them and mod them for your use

Excellent, but what about the unit models? I haven't played the mod that thoroughly... Are they already there? Did Apenpaap make them himself or did he use community resources?

Well then I see no reason I can't start recreating it now. About 50 or so copy & paste sessions and I should a rough facsimile of this mod. Of course I'd be quite grateful if you would be able send me your modmod files and save me the trouble of messing with the ui.

Once again thank you for your consideration.

That's basically it; figure out which civs you want to have unique units, modify the unitinfos file, then the civlopedia file, the cub file to add the unique units, and there is probably another file or two I can't remember at this point in time... Just watch for typos as some errors will cause the game to have an exception which will be easy to figure out where you mis typed, but others will crash the game out and is a little harder to figure out.

I didnt really modify the user interface at all and the gamespeed is probably the "toughest" part and I can't remember as I had to add something to the main XML file that isn't normally there so you can break the calendar down into smaller turn increments than 1 year. I won't have access to the files for a few days, but once I do I'll see what I can do.

Top Bottom