Star Wars: Galactic Empires

LH i will provide updated maps if you want, but im having trouble finding some claims. geonosis for instance. I know i saw it on there before, but i cant find it. But ill have a map up for you with their claims.

And are their land battles, like an actual invasion, not just orbital invasion, or do we automatically control the system if we win the space battle?

EDIT: WIM you claimed 6 planets. You can only claim 5 the first time. I am going to take out Hok, since its farthest from the capital. tell me if you want it chnaged. btw, arkania would make more sense as a capital. Its more centered in your planets, and its home to the arkanian companies which are really powerful and technologically advanced like in weapons and cloning among other things.

LH i will provide updated maps if you want, but im having trouble finding some claims. geonosis for instance. I know i saw it on there before, but i cant find it. But ill have a map up for you with their claims.

And are their land battles, like an actual invasion, not just orbital invasion, or do we automatically control the system if we win the space battle?

I've put the map together - including the NCIS. And I took out Hok because it was last on the list that WIM specified.

And no, there are no land battles as that's a little bit complicated.

Turn 1 ends tomorrow morning - shall we aim for six more players?

- Lighthearter

I think another 2 or 3 would be great actually. no reason to crowd the map. Gives us an expansion phase to build up with less players.

While I am a Star Wars nut, I'll have to go over the rules and regulations a couple more times to see if I actually have the time to put into this (probably not). What kind of time investment do you think this would be, Lighthearter?

I'm in.
As an avowed Star Wars fan and strategy games enthusiast, how could I resist?:goodjob:

Full bio coming tommorow

P.S.: Lighthearter, could you extend the turn to about say, 12:30 PM EST tommorow?

EDIT: WIM you claimed 6 planets. You can only claim 5 the first time. I am going to take out Hok, since its farthest from the capital. tell me if you want it chnaged. btw, arkania would make more sense as a capital. Its more centered in your planets, and its home to the arkanian companies which are really powerful and technologically advanced like in weapons and cloning among other things.

Good point, take out Hok. And I don't know much about Star Wars, though I DO know that the area I'm in is very rich. And a change of capital to Arkania is good, I only chose the other planet due to it sitting on a trade route.

Also, how often are updates? 24 hours?

Wow this is basicly the realpolitik people, with a few new additions, and were in star wars now.

LH-Im editing my previous post for my fighter/bomber placement.

Echoing what Whosit said. Lighthearter, how much time do you think this will take per day?

I've put the map together - including the NCIS. And I took out Hok because it was last on the list that WIM specified.

And no, there are no land battles as that's a little bit complicated.

Turn 1 ends tomorrow morning - shall we aim for six more players?

- Lighthearter

Well, you still have to post it, as the most modern country on your map is the Wookies.

Bluh, OK, I'm giving in. I suppose if this becomes too much for me, I can always say that my character gets assassinated and my empire falls into chaos and ruin. :mischief: (My initial post may be incomplete because I may not have time to fill it all out immediately.)

Paragon Trade Imperium

Government Type: Tyranny
Leader: Trade-Emperor Alouicious Neero (former Imperial Moff)
Citizens: Humans (first-class), aliens (second- to third-class, depending on their usefulness)
Color: Pink

Claims: Colla IV, Tirahnn, Tannab, Obraa-skai, Pengalan IV

Capital: Tirahnn City, Tirahnn
Technology: Battleship II, Destroyer II
Fleet:

By type:

Paragon's Pride - Battleship II (flagship) - Tirahnn

Imperious - Destroyer II* - Tirahnn
Audacious - Destroyer II - Colla IV
Magnificence - Destroyer II - Taanab
Judicator - Destroyer II - Obroa-skai
Bastion - Destroyer II - Pengalan IV
Implacable - Destroyer II - Pengalan IV

Laudable - Cruiser - Pengalan IV
Ardent - Cruiser - Colla IV

Lancaster - Frigate - Tirahnn
York - Frigate - Pengalan IV
Tudor - Frigate - Obroa-skai
Richmond - Frigate - Taanab

Spartan - Corvette - Pengalan IV
Victorious - Corvette - Colla IV
Seneschal - Corvette - Obroa-skai
Matador - Corvette - Taanab
Lancer - Corvette* - Tirahnn

Fuchsia Squadron - Bomber* - Pengalan IV
Carmine - Bomber* - Tirahnn

Rose - Fighter* - Pengalan IV
Amaranth - Fighter* - Tirahnn

By location

Tirahn

Paragon's Pride - Battleship II (flagship)
Imperious - Destroyer II*
Lancaster - Frigate
Lancer - Corvette*
Carmine - Bomber*
Amaranth - Fighter*

Colla IV
Audacious - Destroyer II
Ardent - Cruiser
Victorious - Corvette

Taanab
Magnificence - Destroyer II
Richmond - Frigate
Matador - Corvette

Obroa-skai
Judicator - Destroyer II
Tudor - Frigate
Seneschal - Corvette

Pengalan IV
Bastion - Destroyer II
Implacable - Destroyer II
Laudable - Cruiser
York - Frigate
Spartan - Corvette
Fuchsia Squadron - Bomber*
Rose - Fighter*

*Denotes free ships

Biography/History: Alouicious Neero was once a semi-successful Moff who oversaw the crossroads of the Daragon and Parlemian trade routes under Imperial rule. When the Empire collapsed, Neero saw fit to seize direct control of his protectorates and crowned himself Trade-Emperor of his new fiefdom. He rules with an iron fist, and exploits the revenue of his planets for the benefit of himself and the military. His seat of power is on Tirahnn so that he can take advantage of the abundant luxuries that planet produces.

Colla IV is of note in that it produced droidekas and droid tri-fighters during the Clone Wars; Neero has made it a priority to restore those facilities in order to augment his military and navy. Tannab is a great agricultural planet and feeds the rest of the sector. Obraa-skai houses a great ancient library. Though much of the data has been lost to time, Neero has directed a team of scientists to scour the databases to search for any useful information. Pengalan IV has no special resources of note, but holds a strategic position and may serve as a springboard for expansion into neighboring systems.

It seems likely that Trade-Emperor Neero and CEO Goldfinger will butt heads, considering their proximity and the similarity of their goals. On the other hand, perhaps they will find it more profitable to trade together. Only time will tell. (I came up with my idea before I read west india man's.)

Alright, here we go:

CHISS ASCENDENCY

GOVERNMENT TYPE: Absolute Dictatorship
LEADER: Nuruodo'illa'killan
CLASSES: Chisses are superior. Everyone else is inferior.
CLAIMS: Csilla, Illum, Rattatak, Bestine, Kinyen
CAPITAL:Csalfar City, Csilla
TECHNOLOGY: Destoryer II
Fighter II
FLEET:
Vindicator (Battleship II)-Csilla

Csalfar's Glory (Destroyer I)-Csilla
Nuroudo's Pride (Destroyer I)-Illum
Chaf's Glory (Destroyer I)-Illum
Mitth's Hand (Destroyer I)-Rattatak

Red Glory (Cruiser I)-Csilla
Blue Dawn (Cruiser I)-Csilla
Gold Fury (Cruiser I)-Illum

Liberty (Corvette I)-Bestine
Prosperity (Corvette I)-Bestine
Justice (Corvette I)-Kinyen

Cosmic (Frigate I)-Csilla
Galaxy (Frigate I)-Illum
Universe (Frigate I)-Illum

First Squadron (Fighter II)-Csilla
Second Squadron (Fighter II)-Csilla
Third Squadron (Fighter II)-Illum
Fourth Squadron (Fighter II)-Illum
Fifth Squadron (Fighter II)-Rattatak
Sixth Squadron (Fighter II)-Rattatak
Seventh Squadron (Fighter II)-Kinyen
Eighth Squadron (Fighter II)-Kinyen
Ninth Squadron (Fighter II)-Bestine
Tenth Squadron (Fighter II)-Bestine

Alpha Squadron (Bomber I)-Rattatak
Beta Squadron (Bomber I)-Illum
Gamma Squadron (Bomber I)-Bestine
Delta Squadron (Bomber I)-Kinyen

BIO: The Chisses had long been content to rule over their holdings in the Unknown Territories, remaining isolationist and detatched from everything. That is, until General Nuroudo'lla'killan overthrew the ruling families and established himself as the sole Chiss ruler. Now, he hopes to expand outward into the galaxy and establish the Chiss as a galactic power.

OK, I'll drop one. Though now I have a question:

Research - Every Research Point your planets provide allows you to work a technological development. Each unit can be upgraded five times. Each upgrade costs progressively more, with the I-II upgrade only costing 1, but the II-III upgrade costing 3, the III-IV upgrade costing 4 and the IV-V upgrade costing 5. Each upgrade improves the attack and defense rating of the ship by one, to a maximum of eight. Fighters and Bombers are automatically upgraded to the latest version. All other ships must Refit for one turn and half their cost rounded down to be upgraded. All ships can refit and repair at the same time.

Battleships can only be upgraded to level three, but their upgrades cost 3, 5, 6.

It sounded like upgrading a ship type from Mark I to Mark II cost 1 point, but it's actually 2 points?

Also, for producing ships larger than snubfighters or corvettes, it sounds like the "true" cost is the Production Cost x Production Time? So a destroyer really costs 8 (4 PC x 2 PT)? If so, do I factor this into my initial fleet list?

Edit: Also, Battleships do not get an advantage over Destroyers? So Battleship and Destroyer Favored Targets are identical? No, wait, Destroyers get a penalty when attacking Battleships. Just attack, not defense? Hopefully I won't have to fight soon, 'cuz this could get complicated. :p

OK, I'll drop one. Though now I have a question:

It sounded like upgrading a ship type from Mark I to Mark II cost 1 point, but it's actually 2 points?

Also, for producing ships larger than snubfighters or corvettes, it sounds like the "true" cost is the Production Cost x Production Time? So a destroyer really costs 8 (4 PC x 2 PT)? If so, do I factor this into my initial fleet list?

I need to go and correct that bit in the tech list(facepalm).

And you don't factor that into your initial list. Just a normal up-front cost.

- Lighthearter

LH now you have me confused on the tech bit. Can you explain it?

Also its 12:30. Fleets and claims maps need to be in. I think ill write my bio later, as its just for flavor.

Ah, one more question: When do I note what I put into production, what I start researching, and where I expand (if I choose to)? It looks like I may have missed the first turn, but I'd like to get rolling ASAP.

LH now you have me confused on the tech bit. Can you explain it?

Also its 12:30. Fleets and claims maps need to be in. I think ill write my bio later, as its just for flavor.

The research from unit or stability I-II costs 2 points. II-III cast 3, etcetera. The exception is Battleships, which only have three upgrades and they cost 3, then 5, then 6.

Ah, one more question: When do I note what I put into production, what I start researching, and where I expand (if I choose to)? It looks like I may have missed the first turn, but I'd like to get rolling ASAP.

You make a big post detailing your actions each turn after I post the update. You haven't missed the first turn if you can make your fleet up quick:goodjob:

And I suggest all players go into the rules and look at the Yuuzhan Vong section.:mwaha:

- Lighthearter

Top Bottom