Star Wars Mod

Rabbit_Alex said:
Yeah that makes more sense. Does anyone know how we can implement the Battlefield-II style seperate ground and space battles (maps really)? As far as I know the engine doesn't support that, but maybe after the SDK is released we'll be able to change more stuff.

my thinking is that you have the interplanetary ships as the ships that can leave the coastal squares, like a cruiser with a skin, the short range ships you have as coastal ships like perhaps a galley. Is it possible to make a galley dock on a cruiser? that way the short range ships can protect planets and can be transported by the interplanetary ships. you can send your 10 X-wings Galleys) to attack the star destroyer but it will probably just be ranking up your enemy.

Just like in vanilla if your fleet is around you can try to sink your enemies ships to stop them unloading units before they get there. the transports could be .. well transports.

another good thing may be ION cannons, which could be ground defences or strategic satelite defenses. This would be like a CIV 3 artillery, that can bombard units from the safety of the city. Give them a range of 2-3 to soften up approaching ships so that your galleys have a chance to win. After all an X-wing took down the Death Star, which was the papa smurf of ships.

a final idea for the moment would be ship boarding parties that can enslave an enemy ship

I haven't got the hang of thiis quote thing...

Just click on the quote button for it to work. And thanks for more good ideas.

Ok... so, being a bit of a star wars nut, though not as much as some people I know... Here's just my input for "civs" in the Star Wars Universe:

http://www.friendshatingfriends.com/adam/sw_civ.doc

I didn't fill in fav. civic or suggested techs... well, because I don't know which ones you're going to put in... but I figure this could be a useful add-in to the stuff you're already working on... good job so far btw.

Big warning to everyone, don't accidentally hit Tab while posting, or you will loose what you've got.

Shichiakan- Welcome aboard, Nihon-Jin Des Ka?
I am by no means a Star wars fanatic either, I do love the movies but I happened to make the decision to watch all 6 movies in a row the weekend before i saw this mod, which meant it was all fresh in my mind, plus I stumbled accross www.theforce.net an online star wars encyclopedia. I'm working on SW buildings at the moment. Want to help?

Also all the lurkers, be bothered to join civfanatics, the work they do is fantastic, you should thank them by joining, and you should help us with the SW Mod to make in nonpareil.
Kael I know you lurk the SW page, you are the ubber major deity of modding, care to do more skinning? or suggestions... please?

OK here is the start of the suggested building list, EVERYONE please post me additions and I will add them, or let me know what a dumbass I have been for forgetting something, and i will equally add it, all of this work is a project in motion.
Like the man said... there are no stupid questions, unless you ask what sex is, while standing in a brothel...:confused:

Attachments

• SW MOD buildings.doc
    37 KB · Views: 168
Generals
I loaded 0.5 and the civ cities say something like TXT_dontknow_whatthehell_this is

second load was no problem... only good healthy SW stuff.

IF EVERY STAR WARS FAN CONTRIBUTED ONE THING, JAR JAR BINGS WOULD BE DEADER THAN WE WANT LUCAS TO BE, OLD SCHOOL YES, NEW SCHOOL. Go to History Class.

Sry guys but 0.5 is a bit bugged.
Me and Rabbit Alex are still working on it and remeber this is still in its beta phase so some things may seem unfinished.

But thank you for all your help!!!!

hussar said:
OK here is the start of the suggested building list, EVERYONE please post me additions and I will add them, or let me know what a dumbass I have been for forgetting something, and i will equally add it, all of this work is a project in motion.
Like the man said... there are no stupid questions, unless you ask what sex is, while standing in a brothel...:confused:

Dude! Those are great ideas!

My favorite:

• Cantina
o +1 culture
o +1 happiness from Death Sticks, (do you think he meant cigarettes?)

We absolutely must put death sticks in now, as a replacement for spice or something.

Here are some ideas for buildings and wonders.

World Wonder: Star Forge
Increases production in all cities +100% (Knights of the Old Republic)

World Wonder: Jedi Archives
+100% Science output for all cities.

National Wonder: Hutt's Hideout
Allow building Bounty Hunters

National Wonder: Dexter's Dinner
???

Building: Parts Shop
Helps heal Driods and Vechicles
+5% Commerce in city

Building: Jawa Droid Trading Outpost
+10% Production of Droids

Building: Wookie Slave Trade Outpost
+10% Production in City
-1 Happiness

Thanks for the ideas Heero. I was thinking of having the Star Forge too.

KOTOR rules!!!

Here is the new title:

Attachments

• civtitle2.jpg
    civtitle2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 263
Looks good civmansam. What does everyone else think? It's better than what we started with for sure.

Heero Blaze
thanks for the suggestions they are outstanding. I'm a little concerned that the STAR Forge and the Jedi Archives are a little too powerful.
a 100% bonus to anything in ALL cities is huge, especially something like research. What do you think about something like a +2 research in all cities? or a +10 research in the city it is created in? with a similar thing for the star forge, am I off track here?
but as i say, outstanding.

hussar said:
Heero Blaze
thanks for the suggestions they are outstanding. I'm a little concerned that the STAR Forge and the Jedi Archives are a little too powerful.
a 100% bonus to anything in ALL cities is huge, especially something like research. What do you think about something like a +2 research in all cities? or a +10 research in the city it is created in? with a similar thing for the star forge, am I off track here?
but as i say, outstanding.

I wasn't sure how everything was going to come together in the game, so I just gave those values. The Star Forge was a very powerful by taking energy from a star and creating an unlimited amount of ships and droids. Maybe you guys could make it so that once the city that built the Star Forge is taken over it is destroyed. The Jedi Archives are powerful as well, since they are suppose to contain all knowledge. I would figure that would be a late wonder, like The Internet, but useful enough to be worth constructing.

Also, I think you guys should add Finis Valorum as a leader for the Galactic Senate, he was the Chancellor right before Palpatine.

Well, well , well , I just read what I posted last night, that ladies and gentlemen is why you dont drink and post :(
good background CIVMANSAM what is the ship on the lower left?

Heero Blaze
your right they are phat artifacts, but where is the star forge from I have read only a few of the books etc, nearly all of my knowledge comes from the movies. I welcome this kind of imput, the suplimentary SW stuff is where I am lax.
I didn't know what it did, or was. What about for the star forge something like the three gorges dam, provides power to all planets, +50% hammers to all planets, or +1,000% unit production to the city that builds it (one a turn). +4 Unhealthy (lack of sunlight tends to make irrigation problems)
You culd just swap the jedi archives to the internet wonder, but i would add +6 light side points...
What do you think?

Well the Star Forge is not in the movies, it is in Knights of the Old Republic. Here is a link to some info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Forge . You are right that it should be limited to the city it is built in, maybe +200% production? And the Jedi Archives would promote Light Points. There should probably be an equal Sith wonder then. There was an Ancient Sith Temple in Knights of the Old Republic as well, that could be a wonder. I don't know what bonuses to give that though.

Top Bottom