Stargate BtS

Yeah, I can't figure out how to change that. Something about parent nodes probabaly.:confused:
After you have joined both meshes in Blender, check if there are multiple materials for the mesh. For example, this mesh has 5 materials:
Spoiler :

Push the Delete button until only one material is left. Then both meshes should also be merged in NifSkope.

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 386
Thanks for the info Saibolieh. That did the trick.

I was able to successfully animate the unit (staff and body). :D. I just have to move one hand a bit since it not quite holding the staff. There is also a bit of distortion on that hand from a skininstance that needs to be removed. Since I used the infantry animation he aims it like a flintlock of course. The effect will just have to be changed.

When you'll be done with those final polishing, effect and such, can we have a video of tha animation?

It would be cool to see how Jaffa will act ingame - and it could booster up interest in this mod.

Anyway, great work staff! :thumbsup:

I was able to successfully animate the unit (staff and body). :D. I just have to move one hand a bit since it not quite holding the staff. There is also a bit of distortion on that hand from a skininstance that needs to be removed. Since I used the infantry animation he aims it like a flintlock of course. The effect will just have to be changed.

Now that you have some basic animations working for the unit(s), I'd like to start working on some custom animations. I would appreciate a bit of guidance on where to get started. I have The_Coyote's animation tutorial pdf, I'd just like to know at what point I should start from.

Does anyone want the religion founding vids now as optional add-on or as part of full release?

I've also begun working on new title screens, using some really nice pictures. BG Music I intend to use is Opening music from Stargate(movie), Opening music from Ark of Truth, and Beyond the Night (Teyla's Song).

I'd like to see religion video as part of the full release, as long as it is an important piece of the ambientation.

But if you do prefere it to be released separately, it's fine. Just make things easy to install for noobies. ;)

About music background, good choices.

As I struggle to upload the religion video add-on (coming in at 473 MB compressed) at either gamefront or atomicgamer, I`ve uploaded the technology founding vid to youtube here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eVCO61yH7U

Look for an update any day now, I`ll get it up soon. Installation instructions will be provided on the download page here at CFC. Don`t worry, 4lexander.

As far as I know, stolenrays is working at adding a laser effect from final frontier to the jaffa unit.
I`m working on making title screens. I`ve decided to officially rename the mod...

Stargate
Civilizations

Good news. :)

I' ve just watched the video - added to favourites, want to see it again - :bowdown:

I also think the new title is far better and very appropriate for a Civ mod. :thumbsup:

Now I wait to see stolenrays' Jaffas firing lasers... ;)

Can't wait to play this.

No problem. For the process of changing effects the tutorial I'm writting at the moment might be interesting for you.

I'm in such a generous mood today, I'll reveal the new main menu screens I have worked on. All I did myself was to add my Stargate:Civilizations title. These wallpaper images belong to their respective owners. I also borrowed from Fall from Heaven 2 to get the still-image title screen nif file. See if you can figure out the linked easter egg hidden in the title screens, and tell me where you think my music choices go to which title screen.

I know there's no Atlanatis material yet in the mod, that will come later.

I'm thinking of adding a fourth title screen based on SG-1 ca. Season 9/10.

I hope this goes to show that I will do and learn all I can to make this a complete and total mod project.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0015.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0015.JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 104
  • Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 101
  • Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
    225.7 KB · Views: 107
All three menu screens *ARE* terrific.

But I think the first to be the most simple, 2nd most epic one, maybe 3rd catch better the overall feeling, showing off some alien planet and races...

Is it possible to switch between them? Maybe releasing them as an addon, people replace the folder and so on...

It would be nice and add a touch of customization that is always a good thing in mods. ;)

Is it possible to switch between them? Maybe releasing them as an addon, people replace the folder and so on...

If you didn't know already, from the main menu click advanced, then options, then graphics. There is an option to choose what Civ 4 menu (or in my case, Stargate menu) you want to use.

But I think the first to be the most simple, 2nd most epic one, maybe 3rd catch better the overall feeling, showing off some alien planet and races...

The first one was my first attempt at a title screen. The only element I can change is the logo and associated gate symbols. I like it, so unless there's a huge demand for me to change it, I'm keeping it the way it is. Besides, it's tedious work to get the logo just right

Here is my most recent version of the Jaffa soldier. I cannot change the effects. My hope is that someone knows how and can try and change it for me. I have done the rest and animated the unit with the infantry.kfm animation. THe unit just needs its mesh touched up a bit. DataSkywalker would like the jaffa weapon effect to be the Laser_Fire Effect from the Final Frontier Cruiser.

Here is what Skywalker told me: in the BtS Assets folder. The effect nif (fx_laser_fire.nif) can be found in Art/Effects/FF_Laser_Fire. The dds textures can be found in Art/Shared (laser_fire.dds, yellow_flare.dds, and burst_laser.dds) The example unit can be found in Art/Units/FinalFrontierDestroyer.

Here is my most recent version of the Jaffa soldier. I cannot change the effects. My hope is that someone knows how and can try and change it for me. I have done the rest and animated the unit with the infantry.kfm animation. THe unit just needs its mesh touched up a bit. DataSkywalker would like the jaffa weapon effect to be the Laser_Fire Effect from the Final Frontier Cruiser.

Here is what Skywalker told me: in the BtS Assets folder. The effect nif (fx_laser_fire.nif) can be found in Art/Effects/FF_Laser_Fire. The dds textures can be found in Art/Shared (laser_fire.dds, yellow_flare.dds, and burst_laser.dds) The example unit can be found in Art/Units/FinalFrontierDestroyer.
Did you try my tutorial for changing the effects yet?

Top Bottom