Status and "To Do" List

I am downloading it now as well, very nice work!:goodjob:

cthom said:
is Scotland still in or removed because Celts in? if in, what's the UB?

Scotland, Ireland and the Celts were all in vanilla 3.0, so they all remain in the Warlords edition.

Firaxis' Celts have the Dun (wall) as their UB. Scotland uses the Mercat Cross (market) and the Irish use the Publishing House (library).

NikNaks93 said:
Could today be the day? Finally??
Please?

P.S. Do you ever actually sleep, Wyz?

For the record, I was up two nights until almost 3:00 am (and still have to get up with the wife, kids and cat at 6:50 am), and I took some unpaid time off work on Wednesday to finish it. :p

I noticed you have been giving your Tashunkewitco reskin a lot of grief. Its not that bad.:)

Head Serf said:
I noticed a small bug. When I first met the Swedes in-game, the Diplomacy text was just a text tag, as in TXT_SWEDEN_FIRST_CONTACT_TEXT or something similar.

Thanks. Can you put this in the 'Bugs' thread?

I think I already know - probably used _KARL_XII as the tag instead of _KARLXII.

I've noticed 2 mistakes with the Albanians:

1) Their UB should be called Llogor (with 2 L's), not "Illogor."

2) Their UB should replace the factory (NOT the barracks) and give +2 experience to gunpowder units, or maybe even +3 since only gunpowder units would get that advantage considerably late in the game.

Aside from that, the building representing the llogor doesn't look bad.

Shqype said:
I've noticed 2 mistakes with the Albanians:

1) Their UB should be called Llogor (with 2 L's), not "Illogor."

Ugh. You know, I had Llogor originally, then thought I had made a mistake and changed them all the wrong way.

2) Their UB should replace the factory (NOT the barracks) and give +2 experience to gunpowder units, or maybe even +3 since only gunpowder units would get that advantage considerably late in the game.

Aside from that, the building representing the llogor doesn't look bad.

If it replaces the factory, then +3 is probably appropriate. Did you notice the DDS icon? That's an actual church in Albanian Azerbaijan that played some role in the war with the Turks.

What does Albania have to do with Azerbaijan?

Shqype said:
What does Albania have to do with Azerbaijan?

I was reading that North Azerbailjan in the 5th century was heavily populated with ethnic Albanians, with the region being known as Caucasian Albania. It was an interesting story and I was taken with the pic, because it kinda sounded like what you described.

But if you have a more appropriate pic, let me know.

Albania and Caucasian "Albania" (Aghbania) are two completely different things that have no relation to each other, with the exception of a name, the latter of which is (I believe) latinized. Ethnically, racially and linguistically, they are 2 separate peoples.

Montenegrins, Serbs, and others against the Albanians tend to perpetrate the argument that Albanians and Aghbanians are related to discredit the Illyro-Albanian continuity and try to eliminate the Albanian claim to Albanian-inhabited lands in the Balkans, especially Kosova.

The Albanians speak an Indo-European language, the descendant of the ancient Illyrian language, while the Aghbanians speak a Caucasian language. The only similarity is the name: but keep in mind during the middle ages Scotland was also called Albania ...

I'll see if I can find a more appropriate picture.

Top Bottom