Status and "To Do" List

Yes, Shqype is correct. In Armenian culture, we do not refer to Caucasian Albania as Albania, we refer to them as Aghbania.

rapiduser said:
I´ve uploaded the Warlords Version to Rapidshare, because Filefront takes too long to download...

http://rapidshare.com/files/1015307/CIV_Gold3.part1.rar (100 MB)
http://rapidshare.com/files/1019487/CIV_Gold3.part2.rar ( 69 MB)

you need both files.

I appreciate this, but the problem is that it messes with our download count in the files database. Not that this is critical, of course, but it's helpful in helping us to measure it's popularity within the community. And this, in turn, is important because projects like this take so darn long. :D

I noticed a couple bugs for civgold

Karl XII First contact screen says act txt first contact
Mayan Sun Temple the Sid Tips is says Txt act sun temple error
Purple Square underneath Brazilian UB

Not exactly what it says but it is the commen TXT error in most mods

Most of these text errors will be cleaned as we remap the file format.
But to make sure they are caught please mention under the bug reports instead please.

First time I have seen this mod - didn't notice this in the first post. Do you use the 24 civ or 32 civ dll to allow us to play more civs in a single game?

Does this mod work with one or both of those two modified dll's?

I have taken a long break from modifying my map and playing the game due to delays (and now lingering problems) with the warlords patch... this mod might actually get me interested again.

Joebasalt13 said:
I noticed a couple bugs for civgold

Karl XII First contact screen says act txt first contact
Mayan Sun Temple the Sid Tips is says Txt act sun temple error
Purple Square underneath Brazilian UB

Not exactly what it says but it is the commen TXT error in most mods

The tips for the UBs will all be TXT messages, as I didn't do the strategy pieces for them. Wil do that for the next version, though.

As for the Brazilian UB, I think I've figured out the problem for that, but I'm not sure I can correct it. I have a workaround for the next version, though.

Craterus22 said:
First time I have seen this mod - didn't notice this in the first post. Do you use the 24 civ or 32 civ dll to allow us to play more civs in a single game?

There are no dll changes in the mod.

Does this mod work with one or both of those two modified dll's?

It should. I believe others have created maps for this mod, but you'd have to poke around to see. There's no reason it *shouldn't* work with modified dlls.

I have taken a long break from modifying my map and playing the game due to delays (and now lingering problems) with the warlords patch... this mod might actually get me interested again.

:D Good to hear.

Thanks - just downloaded the warlords version

Would you care to mention what program uses the 7z extention? Didn't see it in first post and have never downloaded a file with that extention before...

edit - just found out that winrar should open it - it MAY be worth a mention in first post for people that only have winzip handy

7z Is 7-ZIP. Again a free version is available to those who are looking for it from Download.com.

7z is a very strong Zip program that compresses a lot heavier then Winzip used to. Not sure if this is the case anymore since Winzip is now on Version 10.0 It may be as strong as 7-Zip is now. Anyways Not interested in a debate about which is better. just to mention 7z is compressed by 7-zip.

purplexus said:
7z Is 7-ZIP. Again a free version is available to those who are looking for it from Download.com.

7z is a very strong Zip program that compresses a lot heavier then Winzip used to. Not sure if this is the case anymore since Winzip is now on Version 10.0 It may be as strong as 7-Zip is now. Anyways Not interested in a debate about which is better. just to mention 7z is compressed by 7-zip.

no debate is offered - I have downloaded thousands and thousands of files - none of them used 7z format... would have saved ten minutes of my life if it was mentioned in first post... winrar appeared to work

Not sure what the "Again" part was all about...

it wasn't mentioned on the first post on this thread or the page the link of the file is on...

Craterus22 said:
no debate is offered - I have downloaded thousands and thousands of files - none of them used 7z format... would have saved ten minutes of my life if it was mentioned in first post... winrar appeared to work

it wasn't mentioned on the first post on this thread or the page the link of the file is on...

It's mentioned on the first post of the CIV Gold thread in "New Civilizations", but I didn't replicate the instructions here when we got our own forum.

I'll add it to the the op and the download link, thanks.

FTR - I actually like using 7-zip quite a bit for these projects because it does an excellent job with compresion - probably shaves about 20mb off the size.

Craterus22 said:

yikes I can see how that could be offensive if read in certain ways.. no offence meant... sorry about that. I meant again because it was mentioned b4 but not in this thread.

Again my apologies

Quick question, is the CN Tower included in this version, I couldn't find it my game, is this an error or are no new wonders included?

flyerec said:
Quick question, is the CN Tower included in this version, I couldn't find it my game, is this an error or are no new wonders included?

I added a couple of Canadian wonders to the Canada Mod - CN Tower, Oil Sands, Hockey Night in Canada - but I didn't add them here. This is basically just for civs, as mentioned, but in time we will consider doing "add-ons".

In the meantime, there is a good wonders mod out there that adds CN Tower plus others, and Sevomod adds some as well, plus most of the Gold civs.

It's not too tough to add, though. In the Canada Mod, find the appropriate art folder, then cut-n-paste the XML code from BuildingInfos, CityPlot, and the text file into the matching Gold files.

Ah, ok thanks.

Out of curiosity did the wonders you made for the Canada mod include wonder movies? If so, what program did you use to create them? Or what program do you think would work?

Top Bottom