Status and "To Do" List

there's a problem, i downloaded it and it wont have a shortcut and it wasnt in my files! is this because i dont have the original Beyond The Sword or a file error???

What do you mean it wasn't in your files? If you download it, you need to find where you downloaded it to and then extract it from there.

I downloaded it, extracted the file to my MOD folder in BTS, ran the install, it seemed to install, but no new folders or files appeared in my MOD folder. Where did they go? And when I run the game, there seems to be no difference at all. I'm new at this, so any help would be appreciated.

Sounds great. I guess it may be a bit early to ask, but are we looking at a possible Version 6.0 in the far future?

Releasing in time for this weekend play would be great! It's supposed to reach 116 degrees here in Phoenix Arizona by Saturday. So I'll be needing a good INSIDE diversion. So help me out Wyz. Give me a weekend of indoor air-conditioning! ;) Love the lack of weather and warm winters out here but try my best to hide in the summer. Thank God for computer diversions.

I would imagine Wyz would be glad to get it off his back and relax for a while when this one's done rather than starting in on a 6.0. Plus there's usually a few undetected bugs people's varied hardware/software will catch that he'll be hunting down. His family is probably giving him the :cry: "You're working on that program again? You never spend enough time with us!!!!" :cry: lines by now. Any of this sound familiar Wyz?

Thanks to Wyz and all the contributors for giving up so much of their personal lives for this already! I'm sure it'll be as great as Gold 4.0 was.

Which civ and what bugs, outta curiosity?

A new Timurid civ keeps producing an 'Incorrect info class' XML error. But that doesn't seem accurate. I thought maybe the info file was offset somehow, but I rebuilt that using a working one and I still get the same error.

The second one is a tag error in Diplomacy xml that also seems right to me, but I did make a change to that - haven't tried it yet.

Sounds great. I guess it may be a bit early to ask, but are we looking at a possible Version 6.0 in the far future?

Not likely. I think 5.0 will be it. There will almost certainly be a patch required, and I may sneak another couple of civs in with it, if warranted. But I think I'm done with the big releases...until Civ 5, of course. ;)

Graystone said:
Releasing in time for this weekend play would be great! It's supposed to reach 116 degrees here in Phoenix Arizona by Saturday. So I'll be needing a good INSIDE diversion. So help me out Wyz. Give me a weekend of indoor air-conditioning! Love the lack of weather and warm winters out here but try my best to hide in the summer. Thank God for computer diversions.

I would imagine Wyz would be glad to get it off his back and relax for a while when this one's done rather than starting in on a 6.0. Plus there's usually a few undetected bugs people's varied hardware/software will catch that he'll be hunting down. His family is probably giving him the "You're working on that program again? You never spend enough time with us!!!!" lines by now. Any of this sound familiar Wyz?

Thanks to Wyz and all the contributors for giving up so much of their personal lives for this already! I'm sure it'll be as great as Gold 4.0 was.

I love Phoenix! Thanks for the comments. I've been working on 5.0 for a year now simply because of time contraints. As my boys get older, it's harder to allocate any home time to stuff like this. I'll still be doing things in the community, of course.

I hope you'll like 5.0 when it's released.

Duneflower said:
Uh...dude? You already have my email. XD

Sent your way. Thanks!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Attachments

• CIVMap.jpg
    CIVMap.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 247
You know, you're missing quite a few civs here and there on that map.

;)

Good to hear this thing's finally almost done with.

That looks unutterably awesome. Cannot Cannot Cannot wait.

Hey, Wyz, I thought I'd just talk about it here, since emailing was never much my thing - since it doesn't seem likely that I'd be able to get some civs wrapped up and ready to go by the time you plan to release 5.0 (plus I'm going on vacation too, and though I can work on it, obviously i'm not going to work the entire time), I think maybe I could save my civs for perhaps a patch version? Better to just get out all of the awesome new civs, and add in a few little ones later, if that's fine with you? :)

(and sorry for the slow replies via email, I keep forgetting to check that account)

Hey, Wyz, I thought I'd just talk about it here, since emailing was never much my thing - since it doesn't seem likely that I'd be able to get some civs wrapped up and ready to go by the time you plan to release 5.0 (plus I'm going on vacation too, and though I can work on it, obviously i'm not going to work the entire time), I think maybe I could save my civs for perhaps a patch version? Better to just get out all of the awesome new civs, and add in a few little ones later, if that's fine with you? :)

(and sorry for the slow replies via email, I keep forgetting to check that account)

Works for me! No worries at all. Plus, the Hausa and Chola look awesome. :)

^Sounds great. Thanks to Ekmek's tutorial, it seems that I'm starting to figure out how to do this mysterious Leaderhead-making voodoo stuff ;) so there'd be better LHs for my next Civ of the Week Civs. I may be even able to go back and make some better LHs for CivGold in a future patch for you if you want.

Quick update: I had to remove the 4 civs I added last night. I'm getting an odd DLL error (although the mod does not touch any DLL files) and I don't have enough time to troubleshoot.

So 5.0 will go up without Kazkh, Uzbek, Moche and Georgian Empire, and I'll correct that for version 5.1 as soon as I can. Otherwise, everything gets held up.

Top Bottom