Status and "To Do" List

You know, I've been checking out Civ Gold...

Why is Pieter Willem Botha's favorite civic Bureaucracy? If anything it should be Caste System. I mean, what else is he known for but apartheid?

Greetings from Finland. I played CIV Gold and the upgrade and it was GREAT JOB! just some things I'd wish/like to see:

BURMA/MYANMAR:
The Mon (that is what the people was called in the ancient times, a great south-east asian power that was constantly at war with Siam(Thai), Lao(Laos) Khmer(Cambodia) and even the Vietnamese peoples.

People/Nation: The Mon (Burmese, Burma)
Bagan (Ancient capital with HUNDREDS of temples, a true wonder of the world)
Mandalay (A religious city full of temples and monks)
Rangoon (newer capital, later called Yangon with the new military Junta, now the capital has moved to Naypyidaw, to the middle of the jungle. Rangoon is where the Shwedagon Paya was built!!!)
Sittwe
Pathein
Pago
Dawei
Magwe
Loikaw
Taunggyi
Sagaing
Hakha
Myitkyina
Mawlamyine
Hpa-an

Unique unit: war elephant of some sorts
Unique building: COlosseum to Paya, a sort of temple. +culture 3 +health 2 etc etc

"The Mon people are thought to be the earliest group to migrate into the lower Ayeyarwady valley, and by the mid-900s BC were dominant in southern Burma.[29] The Mons became one of the first in South East Asia to embrace Theravada Buddhism."

You can use wikipedia to copy paste some information or ask me to write something if you are going to put this IMPORTANT civilization in..

LAO, LAOS:

Lao
Cities:
Vientiane
Louangphrabang
Louang Namtha
Xam Nua
Ban Nape
Muang Khammouan
Savannakhet
Salawan
Pakxe
Xiangkhoan
Phongsali

ESTONIA

Estonians

Tallinn (home of many knightly orders, danish or otherwise, one of the most fortified cities of medieval europe/baltics, capital city of Estonia)
Tartu
Narva
Kohtla-Järve
Pärnu
Viljandi
Rakvere
SIllamäe
Maardu
Kuressaare

Due to Tallinn location, this civilization was of outmost importance to medieval Europe and still exists today. Would be a shame to omit it from the GOld mod..

Special building could be improved fortifications, castle etc or a church. Providing defense to cities.
SPecial unit medieval infantry etc.

---------------------

The Swiss???
you are missing Switzerland :p
----------------

Some more ideas, although not really civs, but neither are many of the things already inside the mod:

The Templars (Knights Templar, a medieval "international" european knightly order that was richer than any country in the world at it's time. Vast lands, armies and many many castles and fortifications from Spain, mid europe to Holy Land. Took part in the Re-Conquista etc etc until banished by traitorous popes and kings. Check WIKIPEDIA for 1st and last Grand Master to put as leader. KT was directly under Pope of Rome, but the Grand Master had the final say.

Starting with founder Hugues de Payens.
The last Grand Master was Jacques de Molay, burned at the stake in Paris in 1314 by order of King Philip IV.

cities = major fortifications
unit = Templar Knight (indeed Templar Knights were so feared by the saracens that many times they were executed en-masse after battle if defeated, even if other prisoners would be let go under some circumstances. No templar was let to live.)
Building = Castle/walls coin revenue, culture, defense

----------------

VATICAN ?

----------

Also I would like if someone took the trouble to make a better Moztezuma I, warrior priest god king of the Aztec. Preferably with the huge green feathery headgear, he was a king and a noble, not a savage as firaxis put him. Industrious / Financial

-----------------------------

About the Finnish / Finland civilization in the game, it is great but you could add one leader: (C.G.E.) Mannerheim / Carl Gustaf (Emil) MANNERHEIM. Industrious / Protective or Industrious / Aggressive. Otherwise the civ is great, just that it has only modern cities... You could add Tavastia and Olavinlinna.

Thank you so much, send private messages if you need more information / are unable to find something from WIKIPEDIA.org..

Greatly appreciated.

Simo / Finland

You know, I've been checking out Civ Gold...

Why is Pieter Willem Botha's favorite civic Bureaucracy? If anything it should be Caste System. I mean, what else is he known for but apartheid?

Sorry I missed this post before.

That's a good point. I didn't think Caste System would be the right match, but I suppose it does make sense.

@ AZIMOV

Vatican would be a bit hard to do since it only includes Vatican City. If, on the other hand, you would use the Papal State you'd have a larger city collection. Just saying.

I also offer a nice bit of civs for this, if you'd ever need any of 'em. Anyway, looking forward to Nature of Man. But luckily I remain patient:D

Merry Christmas in advance by the way:)

And, like said, the Cantonese and the Tamils would be very good for balancing the Earth maps.

Wyz!

I finally was able to find my lost CDs and thus download CivGold and install it. It took about half an hour for the entire thing to load on my pathetic laptop, but regardless, I was very impressed with what you have done. The time and effort you and your team have spent on the entire thing is very clear. Plus, some of the leaderheads were just very great and hilarious - in a good way, of course!

Even though I am still busy as always (though certainly not as badly as you), I am now more than willing to help out a bit. I remember you said somewhere that you needed some XML help. I think as long as it is not too in-depth, I could handle it.

And as always, I'm ready to do the music thing.

Thanks for reading, and spectacular, spectacular work.

Cybrxkhan

Thanks, thanks and thanks again!

Yes, we could use some XML help. I know I had your email address at one point, but could you PM me with it and I'll send you some info? We do need an extra set of hands and the work would be pretty interesting.

February 26, 2009

CIV Gold: The Nature of Man now available.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...=file&id=11847

CIV Gold: The Nature of Man

CIV Gold: The Nature of Man is a standalone add-on to CIV IV: Beyond the Sword that adds many of the most reviled leaders in history.

The ongoing to debate on whether Firaxis should add leaders like Hitler or Mussolini is unlikely to be resolved at any point in the near future. CIV Gold: NoM gives you the opportunity to add them (and many others) in order to construct scenarios relevant to our history.

As with any Civilization game, mod or add-on, it is a chance to re-create or re-write the story of our lives.

CIV Gold: NoM adds the following leaders:

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad - Persia
Empress Dowager Cixi - China
Kim Jong Il - Korea
Richard III - England
George W. Bush - America
Adolph Hitler - Germany
Pol Pot - Khmer
Vercingetorix - Celts
Caligula - Rome
Hussein - Babylon
Putin - Russia

In addition, 4 custom civs have been added to showcase their leaders:

Chile - adds Augusto Pinochet
Congo - adds Mobutu Sese Seko
Italy - adds Benito Mussolini
West Indies - adds Francois "Papa Doc" Duvalier

To install, simply double-click the exe file and ensure the path for Beyond the Sword is correct.
(Quote from 1st post)

Good show!:goodjob: (Hitler's 1st name is just plain Adolf though.);)

Help! your mod is awesome but it says "path is incorrect default path is civilazation_leader_Defines"
Any help would be incredibly appreciated.
Thanks

Quick question, since I can't seem to find the post (that I know exists somewhere...) detailing all the new stuff in 5.0...are there plans for (or an already-finished product of) a Breton civ to use Boudica with?

All right guys, we're almost there. The only holdup lies with 2 LH files that I can't get to work. I'll have to relpace them with something comparable that I find or make.

There is one thing I haven't tested and that's UB scale. I will see if I can find a fast way to do this.

Cheers.

Hi all,

I was away on vacation from June 19 to today. I had my laptop and was able to do a bit of Gold work - a good bit, actually - but my Internet connections were never good so I had to wait until today to get my new content added to the Sourceforge repository. I have a few more things to do this week (taking the week off) and we should be good to go by Friday. :)

Thanks for everyone's patience. Sorry it's taking so long but life isn't as "free" as it once was! :D

Hi all,

I was away on vacation from June 19 to today. I had my laptop and was able to do a bit of Gold work - a good bit, actually - but my Internet connections were never good so I had to wait until today to get my new content added to the Sourceforge repository. I have a few more things to do this week (taking the week off) and we should be good to go by Friday. :)

Thanks for everyone's patience. Sorry it's taking so long but life isn't as "free" as it once was! :D
awesome! :goodjob: i'm sure it will be worth the wait!!! :D

Good news. (Hope you still had some fun while on vacation.) ;)

Great vacation. My wife and I took the boys back East to visit my folks and my sisters, then on to Toronto to see some friends, go to the zoo, etc. etc.

A really good family vacation. Now home for a few days to rest from the rest. :)

there's a problem, i downloaded it and it wont have a shortcut and it wasnt in my files! is this because i dont have the original Beyond The Sword or a file error???

Top Bottom