1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Stellaris

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by grandad1982, Apr 14, 2016.

1. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Deity

Isn't it good if you can lose? Would you rather play a game that you can't lose even the first time you play? You must have learned something, now try again and do better.

2. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老任森林

yea probably

I never learn anything, I can't really see through things and apply them skillfully, don't have the resolve to bother

but that being said when the difficulty curve looks like this there is a problem with the game
    Spoiler :

3. tesb

tesb Emperor

i think that is only true if you are unlucky. the biggest problem with the end game crises are the random nature of the location they show up and in certain instances the very sudden appearance. if the unbidden spawn inside/next to your empire then you are done, especially when you are in a war or rebuilding from a war. however the endgame can become easier if the crisis happen to other empires. also some crises are much easier than other, e.g. unbidden are much harder to beat than the scourge.

imho the war in heaven (although it needs some polish) is a much better late game shake-up than the so called end game crises.

4. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

Starting a new game as plant people.

Spoiler plant people :

Got some nice fellow xenophiles as neighbours, with the larger being fanatic xenophiles (that I made for a previous game) and henceforth going to be not aggressive to us.

Spoiler nice folk :

The Edra (AKA the space hydras from one of my previous runs) of the spiritually xenophile Μονοπάτι are also my neighbours.

Current progression;

Spoiler current map :

5. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

Why do you have a species with a name in Greek characters? Presumably you play the rest of the game in the Roman alphabet.

6. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

I just found some weird crystal thing.

Spoiler crystal :

I will have to see to it once I have developed my military.

In game they are not named in Greek characters; I was just copying and pasting from the English-Greek translator very quickly.

BTW: current status of my time as plants.

Spoiler map :

I am having the joys, especilly with the new cute species to come across. :3

7. Arakhor

That newt is female and both my new Paradox avatar and my next empire: a pacifist, fanatic xenophile, peaceful bureaucracy (roll on 10 core systems!). :)

8. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

Even if xenophile they could pose... a intriguing consideration.

9. Arakhor

That's a great comic. :)

10. Leonel

Leonel Breakfast Connoisseur

Bet you can save a ton of money by switching to the Geico Imperium.

11. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

We found the haven of science curators... and the former home of said curators.

Spoiler ruins of ring world :

It was not just the past that intrigued us but a most fearsome present.

Spoiler space dragon :

Thank goodness we have come across the curators to tell us of the tale of this deadly and awesome beast.

Spoiler science explains space dragons :

The universe is not just ruined homes and space dragons though; its also about new citizens coming to a world near you. :3

Spoiler citizen cute :

Anyhow we have explored the stars (including both the imperialist slavers of the Muta and the fellow SCIECNCE obsessed Ushag) to bring you this latest map.

Spoiler latest map :

12. Akka

Akka Moody old mage.

I don't get the joke :(

(what does he means "keep it on the DL" ?)

13. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Deity

DL stands for "down low". Slang for keeping a secret.

14. Akka

Akka Moody old mage.

Okay. I still don't see what's funny.

15. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Deity

It's suggesting that those who claim to be pacifist and generous are just as selfish and manipulative and violent as anyone else.

Whether you think that's funny probably depends on whether you agree with it.

16. Akka

Akka Moody old mage.

Nah, I can get the joke for things I totally disagree with.
    It just doesn't have any punch or wit about it.
    So it's not really that I didn't get the joke after all, it's just that the joke is totally flat.

17. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

To be fair they do need to add some non-war/domination focused victory conditions.

Anyhow a status report:

Spoiler President Space Parrot :

We of the Communes continue to ensure the chains are broken, as we sweep to liberate worlds from tyranny.

Spoiler hive :

When the Tenecca System erupted with strange hive asteroids our brave fleets placed them into sleep once more, leading to a interesting insight.

Spoiler expansion of border and mind :

We expand not just in border but in mind as our scientists lead to development of sentient artificial intelligence.

Spoiler ancient request :

Such is the will of our science that the Sidimatus Archivists have cometh from their ring-worlds to request the services of one Kul-Sarw for the wisdom he hold; we agreed for good relations between ourselves and the keepers of knowledge.

Spoiler so far :

We bloom across the stars, our garden ever growing. From the Kuda founders to the uplifting cockroaches from the tomb world of Earth to the Ushag migrants and beyond our peoples bath in the songs of our Subconscious Consensus.

18. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

Forgive me for the double post but the garden continues to grow.

Spoiler current map :

However things will soon be in the most interesting of times...

Spoiler the sleeper has awakened :

19. tesb

tesb Emperor

regarding that comic, i started a new game and did not go for my usual warmonger purge all aliens playstyle. instead i went for the opposite and build federations, sign migration treaties etc. i found the peaceful playstyle much easier, however the game becomes incredibly boring because there is barely anything to do. my current federation has 5 members (2 are factions i liberated) and there is no threat from any neighbour. however i also can't expand anymore, i can just add more members to my federation via liberating factions. i will probably abandon this game and go back to my old purge the alien playstyle.

20. BvBPL

BvBPL Pour Decision Maker

Like xkcd.

How many Fallen Empires are in your game, Ailedhoo?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016