1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

stJNES5.1: From the Beginning

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Jason The King, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

To Antigot
    From Hittites

We can handle this ourselves.

To Antigot
    From Gaul

Okay, we surrender.

Feanor, you should have an asterik, act like it is there.
    das, my apologies, I will make sure do compensate for this in the next update ;).

2. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

to Gaul:
    Grand. Thankyou. Many people would be saved :)

to Frank people:
    We thank you for helping us to defeat the Gauls. For that we invite the Gaulic people to be brothers of the Antigotians and we shall let you create an autonmous province of Frankland in the lands your people occupy in Gaul.

to HItties:
    Ok...

to HIttieis and Lydia and Bulgaria:
    Let us increase trade!

to Sparta:
    You alive?

3. North King

North King blech

This _sucks_. Apparently I can't conquer Burgundy because they mysteriously transport soldiers behind their lines? And why is it that I'm *always* loosing more men than them? *sigh*

Guess I might as well plow onward.

4. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

No, its the people u conquer, the civilians, who ambush in small parties your supplies and soldiers, not the Burgundian soldiers.

You lost more men this tmie cus of a disease. ;)

5. Sheep

Sheep Orange Shrooms!

To Antignot
    From The Holy Sionist Empire

The Great Holy Emperor, Saragon III would like to extend his sympathies to the loss of life that has been caused in the Antigotan province of Lower Egypt. We however remind you that Sionists will only defend their faith if they are threatned and we have it on authority that, that was the case.

Having said this we would be willing to accept an envoy from the Antignotian Empire on a coming to a possible peaceful solution between our two great peoples.

To Hitties
    From Holy Sionist Empire

The oppression of our peoples and our faith will come no longer. Once you were allies, However you took our homes and families away from us without our consent and without cause. No Persian land was taken why? Then when the people that live in areas under your illegal occupation revolt you show your true colours and invade our nation sacking the Assyrian cities of Tyre and Palmyrna. No longer Sionism will not tolerate these affronts to our faith. We shall march over the Hittie Empire and you shall drown in your own blood. There will be NO compromise!

6. North King

North King blech

Civilians in this day and age really wouldn't care who ruled over them. Except in rare instances where an army tries to massacre the whole lot of them, but that's a different NES.

7. North King

North King blech

A diplomatic envoy appears in the encampment of the Burgundian king, bearing peace terms. Granted audience, he reads them before the entire court.

To: Burgundy

Here are my terms. Your King swears fealty to me. You thus enter into a permanant alliance, and follow my foreign policy, though you are free to do as you wish in domestic affairs. You become the Duchy of Burgundy. This is your only chance to keep your crown (well, not really your crown, but your lands and a title of any sort) and avert further bloodshed. This is the point of no return. Make peace, or I'll shove this sword so far up your...

The emmisary trails off, flushing.

"Those are my king's peace terms, sire, and I fear he is not adverse at all to continuing this war if you reject them."

8. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

2 days, and only 3 orders. all i know is that I do not want to hear complaints when the update doesnt come on schedule, since hardly any of you ever send orders promptly.

you make me want to start another nes just so I can do something on the forums between the weeks that i update.

9. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

Will we be allowed our own army?

10. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

Update tomorrow, with or without orders.

11. das

das Regeneration In Process

I did send orders, right? Right?

12. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

Orders sent :)
    Sheep remember our deal!!

13. North King

North King blech

Eshmesh. Jason, I *do* need time to actually write the darn diplomacy.

To: Burgundy

Certainly... But if called by the king, you must send all non garrison troops to the specified rallying point.

14. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

Ok, deal....

15. Kamilian

Kamilian Deity

Tsar Boris IV Rurik chopped off the head of his messenger when he'd heard that a revolt had broken out in Western Ukraine - the new name of the western part of former Scythia.
    "Ingrateful infidels," he screamed at the top of his lungs. "We give them riches and great farmland to work! We give them food! And this is what they do?!"
    "Yyyyess, master," the shivering messenger stuttered moments before the blade sliced through the middle of his neck.
    "It's just so unfortunate for you that you were delegated to bring this message to me," the furious Tsar said as he took out his sword and decapitated the young man. "No doubt the Grand Boyar of Western Ukraine sent you to avoid this same fate, due to his apparent inability to govern a single damn province! But no matter," he was now speaking to a corpse, and he picked up the horrified, disembodied head. "He will be found. Perhaps it is not his fault after all that the province is rebelling. But if not, then his head will join yours on the wall of shame in the mansion outside the city."
    His servants carried away the body of the messenger. He was left alone to ponder how to stop the insurrection.
    And there was still the German problem. Boris looked at a scroll describing one of the records of the campaign against the Scythians. He had to hand it to the Scythians, they had good organization skill: they managed to form their own country. But the Scythian nation fell. These Germans, though... they had not yet their own country but they managed to overrun the borders of Silesia and the Teutonic Order, obviously in the goal of establishing a nation by carving out territory from those two countries. After all, the Silesians and Teutons had already done some infrastrucutre development there, too, so the land is ready to just plop a country down there.
    But the Rurik Dynasty would not allow this to happen. The German marauders would be crushed, and Silesia and Teutonic Order would regain their territory!
    The sun has not yet shined on the day that Muscovy will give up and concede to barbarians!

Orders PM-ed

16. ThomAnder

ThomAnder Deity

orders coming soon

17. EffingPrancer

EffingPrancer Chieftain

*argh*

Tries to think harder....

18. EffingPrancer

EffingPrancer Chieftain

Woad made its blue stains on his face, "Und Lait oos bless yoor kingdoom oon this wahrld."

He prayed to Thair, the King of Gods and Mortals, a Picttish God unfound, unrelated to, uncomperable to any God of the other nations. Thair was so powerful, all things began and ended with him, who created every other god from his son Rhuth to his rival Klessus, that he nearly rendered the other gods useless, he could be seen as the beginning and overseer of everything. Except of course imperfection, and such was for Klessus. The other gods were little more than errand boys for Thair.

The small chapel was built of thatch, it was as much a hut as anything else, and it stood in the middle of the woods. The fire was burning down to cinders, the worshippers may not leave until it had, and it was now that his duty here began to end for this day, he went and fetched the uisce bethad, the water of life, lifted it up to his lips and drank his bit, the drink burned the throat, purification, he told himself. He passed the cup around and put what was left on the altar.

Druithne led the procession out of the chapel, they found their weapons where they had stored them in the walls of the chapel, for weapons could not be brought into the presence of Thair.

For Druithne it was a sword, for dozens of others spears or bows would suffice, they made no vows about their weapons, only about their service, to Thair and the King.

The sunlight glittered down on them in this, one of the few chapels left free of the cruel Islish heel.

Druithne wondered how much longer his brothers would tolerate this.

For him, the answer had long since passed.

19. ThomAnder

ThomAnder Deity

Orders:

-Grow economy by taking over the former gujarat colonies/establishing more trading ports
    -Continue project
    -Continue to man the line i have with hittites. Send scouts ahead to see how much strength the hittites have there. Send raids into their land occasionally, and if they're weak enough, try to claim the land north to the caspian so i'll share a shorter border with them

20. alex994

alex994 Hail Divine Emperor!

Sorry, but i got to quit. I never really did get interested in my nation...