1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

stJNES5.1: From the Beginning

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Jason The King, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Azale

Azale Deity

hmm, where is tng?

2. das

das Regeneration In Process

Good, I'll respond in kind.

3. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

He ate the last cupcake, so i killed him.

Do you think that was wrong?

4. TNG

TNG Sad, sad little man

ummm.... i really don't think i can do nesing for a while 'cuz im about to move down to the valley.

5. ThomAnder

ThomAnder Deity

my stats aren't updated at all... :\ Should i send orders with what i assume my stats should be? (also i asked to take over the former gujarat colonies for 2 turns in a row now...)

6. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

okie, npc.

7. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

No Sheep yet to response? wierd...

8. Azale

Azale Deity

To: Saba

Surrender, your forces have been defeated. If you surrender your Arabian Peninsula land, we will allow the continuation of your nation in Africa.

9. EffingPrancer

EffingPrancer Chieftain

Well... well well....

This might just be the breakthrough I need.

I'll be honest, I lost a couple of fights, but I won the important ones and I am now pposessed of the strange freedom of a man with nothing to loose. Ph34R me Feanor, Ph34R me. And also be afraid.

Sending orders as soon as I finish cackling maniacally.

10. North King

North King blech

When's update now?

Please don't say tomorrow, please don't say tomorrow, please don't say tomorrow...

11. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

dunno, i only have one orders.

12. EffingPrancer

EffingPrancer Chieftain

I'd send mine, but this cackling is pretty damn addictive.

13. Kamilian

Kamilian Deity

OOC: Sorry I've been gone so long. Family emergency. I had only had time prior to today to just skim quickly through the NESs.
    Orders shall be done once I receive answer to the following diplo:

IC:
    From Muscovy
    To Silesia and Teutonic Order
    Since you are now part-German, we do not know if you want to void the NAPs we had signed prior to the German entrance into your countries. If those NAP are void, perhaps we can renew them. While we're at it, we can discuss and figure out a way to resolve the matter of the Germans peacefully, and put an end to the slaughter that began unfortunately with our invasion of the German territory.

STORY:
    For a long time - perhaps never - has Muscovy had a Tsar so inclined towards peace. Yes, Tsar Ivan III wanted peace. Peace with the Germans. Re-assurance of peace with the Teutons and Silesians who felt the full force of the German invasion and settlement of their countries.
    When a messenger reported that Western Ukraine, post-rebellion, is practically dirt-poor compared to the rest of Muscovy, he actually lived on to see the light of another day and tell the tale of how his "confidence and charisma spared him the wrath of the Tsar." Of course it was only once someone badmouthed the Tsar as a weakling such as that messenger did that they bore the brunt of the tsarist wrath.
    Schools, libraries, centers of knowledge had appeared across the empire. Even villagers now got at least the most basic, rudimentary form of education. And they visited at the libraries and small museums. Maybe they couldn't read or understand everything they saw, but they could still marvel at the glory and apparent knowledge that Muscovy boasts.

Meanwhile, in Western Ukraine, far south of Moscow and its glories, there was very high poverty rates. Schools and libraries had been built right after the end of the Scythian Insurrection, but only 1/3 of the people in Western Ukraine got even early elementary education, because by the time the region was stable enough to have schools built that weren't burnt down by nearby insurrectionists, the Rurik Educational Reform had come to an end.
    Neighboring the prosperous Central Ukraine had not helped the stability and feeling of the people of Western Ukraine. Licking their wounds from the defeated Insurrection, they now still lived in poverty compared to their next-door neighbors, who boasted vast farmland and harvests.
    Bad education standards and overall poverty had continued to make Western Ukraine volatile and a continuing rebel risk.

Tsar Ivan realized this from the report given by the above-mentioned conceited messenger. He came to the realization that things needed to be fixed there so that the people have confidence and trust in the Tsars of Muscovy. But it remained to be seen whether peace was possible with the Germans and negotiations with partially-German Silesia and Teutonic Order would succeed and funds would be freed up to build Western Ukrainian infrastructure... or if Western Ukraine needed to be put on the back-burner for just a little while longer while the military is strengthened a bit to face a possible German incursion. Ivan hoped it would be the former, not the latter.

14. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

OOC: JJ I think you should change what a trade route gives... It realy doesn't worth it right now...

15. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

Maybe, erez, I will think abuot it.

To Muscovy
    From Silesia

We still consider our NAP valid.

To Muscovy
    From Teutonic Order

We are not German! We will fight back these invaders that you brought upon us.

16. Kal'thzar

Kal'thzar Deity

To Muscovey
    From Thrace

We would like to sign a Nap, and maybe build a road over the danube to connect the two cities. (next turn)

17. Kamilian

Kamilian Deity

Orders done.

From Muscovy
    To Silesia:
    We are glad for that.

From Muscovy
    To Teutonic Order:
    Know that it was not our intent to bring hordes of foreigners into your territories. We apologize for the invasion that occurred.

From Muscovy
    To Thrace:
    Yes, NAP is great, and we will gladly help in building a road between our cities.

18. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

to everyone:
    Sionism is a lie. A destructiv tool of the Assyrian menace. All must leave it. Sionism WILL be rooted out of this world forever. Be it in a peacfull way or in a way filled with rivers of blood.

OOC Please update NPC's... and add Sionist Nabat.

19. das

das Regeneration In Process

Jason, are you going to update this? I want to read about my Renaissance.

20. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

Yes he will ones he get enough orders.
    I still didn't sent mine...