1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

stJNES5.1: From the Beginning

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Jason The King, Jun 10, 2005.

1. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

update :( faster! grrrrr

2. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

heh, join, make me write about it and create NPCs, and then quit.

3. Azale

Azale Deity

*break dances* alex just got served

4. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

well, u know, its not as bad if i didnt do work, i could care less, but i did make NPCs and wrote quite a deal about it.

its not like an industrial, pre-set borders nes. this is a fresh start, it takes the MODs time to create your nation and NPCs. (i dont think i made any for alex, but i did utilize barbs and awoke finland). It just makes me a little upset, thats all.

5. EffingPrancer

EffingPrancer Chieftain

:ahem:

Politely notes that there is no update.

6. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

stJNES5.2: From the Beginning
    Update 10, 1500 B.C.E.

Across the empire, thousands arrive in Nineveh to join the religious ranks of the army, and become holy warriors. The belief that a straight pathway to heaven awaits them at their battlefield-death brings many criminals and condemned men. Most already know how to fight, though some take special training courses in order to learn.

With a strong new army, the Assyrian army marches to Palmyra, where the Hittites garrison the beautiful trading city with thousands of archers and spearmen, yet lacking swordsmen. Because the Hittites posses no swordsmen, the Assyrian general knew that if he could just draw out the Hittite army some how, that his forces could easily win in a hand-to-hand combat. Sieging the city and then assaulting it would be devastating.

When the Assyrian forces arrived, they began to surround the city in a siege. And then, surprising to the Hittites, the Assyrians turn around, and begin to make their way back to Mesopotamia. Surprised, the Hittites exit the city and begin to pursue the army, hoping to attack it from behind. What they didn’t expect was a full reversal, and a charge by the Assyrian ranks. The effects were devastating. Without defensive walls or even a chance to organize, the Hittites were slaughtered, and Palmyra falls back into Assyrian hands. (Assyria: -200 Swordsmen; Hittites: -2,000 Spearmen, -500 Archers)

Victorious and lighthearted, the Assyrian general foolishly pursues another attack before awaiting reinforcements. He wants to re-establish a port on the Mediterranean, and recapture Tyre and Judea. Believing a south-to-north advancement would be best, General Akesh led an attack against Jerusalem, where the Hittites were weakest, and the city soon fell to Assyrian hands. The Jewish fighters here greatly aided the Assyrians in destroying whatever defenses the Hittites had erected. Leaving a small garrison, the Assyrians begin the assault north where the Hittites meet them, south of Tyre. Tired, outnumbered, and without reinforcements, the Assyrians were up against a well-fed and replenished Hittite army. The battle lasted only two hours, the Hittites easily flanking a weak Assyrian backside, and forcing the Assyrians to retreat east, where the take up position in Palmyria. (Hittites: -2,000 Swordsmen, -500 Archers, -500 Spearmen, -500 Horsemen; Assyria: -4,000 Holy Warriors, -1,000 Archers, -500 Swordsmen)

Meanwhile, the Assyrians are invaded from into their homeland by a larger Hittite force, which manages to capture many large cities in the north. The Antigotians join the war, after gathering all Sionists in Egypt and leading them to the Sinai, and then, in the desert, slaughtering them all. Nearly twenty two thousand Sionists die here, and the Antigotians go on to conquer Jerusalem.

The famous Kamisara, conqueror of Gujarat, dies of a fever in route to Patna. His heir, Harimitra, goes on to win his own victories against the Brown People of the Ganges Delta. The people here are walked over, and soon surrender to the huge army of the Magadhans.

Next, the Magadhans march north, against the Aryan menace that has been haunting the northern countryside. The Aryans, unable to defend against the large army, only send small raids against the country’s huge army, and withers down the large force. However, the Magadhans finally reach the foothills of the Himalayas, where they go to find all the mountain passes and garrison these passes so that the Aryans are stuck in the north.

Hinduism is also continued to spread rapidly in the Magadhan lands, nearly three out of every four people practice it, and about half of that belong to the cult-of-the-ruler, an exclusive cult that puts the emperor as a representative of the Gods on earth.

The United Kingdoms enters a ship building age, as the Longship, a much larger, yet faster, galley, is put into production, and more then a hundred are built in the large ports across the Kingdom. Together, with the fleet of galleys, the navy precedes to blockade the Pict capital, and stop the foodstuffs from arriving. Fortunately there were no Pict navy here, and the merchant ships were barred from entering. Some were even taken by the United Kingdom navy. When the Pict navy arrived, they promptly retreated from the force to Iceland.

Meanwhile, a small force of Woad Warriors arrive in southern Erie, Ireland. Here they go on to stir nationalist pride and rebellion throughout Ireland, and many begin to feel discontent with the United Kingdoms occupation.

A massive wall of forts and other structures is constructed, mostly be slave power, on the Muscovite western front with the Germans. Meanwhile, Muscovite warriors wipe out the Germans in the north, yet they protrude further into the Teutonic and Silesian empires. The Germans are now almost fully integrated into Silesian society, a new breed of people are born here. Meanwhile, they go on to occupy many of the Teutonic cities, and displace the Teutonic peoples. Their population increases dramatically.

The rebellion in the south is quelled by massive Muscovite forces, but the region remains the poorest in the empire, and the most likely to rebel again.

Total Losses: 500 Rurik Riders, 1,000 Archers

Thracian soldiers, instead of training and fighting, learn a little discipline as they construct roads for the civilians. Nearly every city in the country is connected. Meanwhile, infrastructure is given a boost as religious sights and temples are constructed by the government. The latter results in a population boost and a much happier people (+economy).

The Arabs dive deep into Sabanese lands, and without much resistance due the civil war, they take no losses.

OOC:

7. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

and the map

Attached Files:

8. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

I shouldn't have 20% Sionists :)
    nice and short update :) (reminds me old updated of old nes's... damn it's a dejavo!)
    Hmm.... Shouldn't more sea trade lines apear now and some more Antigoticans?

Oh BTW you should realy recheck the *'s :) there are many countries that don't deserve it and has it...

9. North King

North King blech

Oh dear... I did make peace with Burgundy, Jason. Remember? They swore vassalage to me...

10. das

das Regeneration In Process

LOL, yes, he did. Good update aside from that, Jason. Soon, soon, we will be free to look for Helvetica again.

11. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

yah, pretty short and to the point update, i wasnt in the mood and didnt have time anyways, but I knew it needed it, even if it was short and crappy.

erez, will do that.

north king, think of it as united.

12. North King

North King blech

Well, Burgundy should be NPC, at the least, unless the player has sent orders in a long time. Anyway, the holdings of them would return to their duke, for the most part.

13. Kamilian

Kamilian Deity

Silesian-German fusion??? NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    WHY, JASON, WHY???
    HAVE I NOT BEEN KIND AND GENEROUS TO YOUR PORTUGALIA???!!!
    oh wait that's another NES. Sorry!

Kick-ass update, despite the Silesian-German integration.

14. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

kam, remember there is no germany. i merely mean that the silesians are now going to be ethnic germans, or a mix between indigionous silesians and germans. the teoutonic order is the nation you might think is germany. they are still fighting the germans.

15. Kamilian

Kamilian Deity

i kno i was just saying that now that the Germans are practically part of Silesia, they have a nation (Silesia) to wage war on me - a nation I have (or perhaps had?) a NAP w/ which may (?) be voided now.

16. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

ah, i thought you thought teutonic order was germany, and that they were combining to hurt you :)

17. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

hello??????

18. das

das Regeneration In Process

Hello, Jason? If you're complaining about lack of my orders, I have the same problem with you quite frankly. I'm still online for a while, so if you can send Royalist Egyptian orders, do so NOW. And otherwise, well, just tell me whether you're still in or not.

19. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

Ok, I will send now das.

20. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

lol, funny how i say i will send orders in my own nes thread, lol.