1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

stJNES5.1: From the Beginning

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Jason The King, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

stJNES5.2: From the Beginning
    Update 11, 1500 B.C.E.

Across the plains of Mesopotamia, along the veins of the Middle East that are the Tigris and Euphrates, two ancient and massive empires clash. The war that will determine who dominates the region and who will fall to the whims of the other. It is the ultimate war of attrition and strategy. Of willingness and religion. And the numerical advantage lies with the northern Hittites.

Yet the Assyrians have been in existence for thousands of years, have endured countless wars, and are the worshippers of a religion that is practiced by millions. The sheer want and need to destroy those who desecrate and threaten the very existence of their nation gives the advantage to the Assyrians. Countless battles are fought where the Hittites clearly should have won, but a small band of Assyrian soldiers refuse to die, refuse to give up. City by city the Hittites are driven back, and soon retreat across their own border. The Assyrians flood into Hittite land, giving hope to the rebellion, and putting confidence in the hearts of every Assyrian. The Holy Land is reached, the Assyrians prepare for a final push.

But, as the Assyrians fight for their religion, the Antigotians fight to exterminate their religion. Egyptian and Antigotian forces penetrate the Judea region, destroying the Assyrian force that pushed out the Hittite army in Judea. As the Antigotians conquer each city, town and village, every practicing Sionist is given a choice: either give up their Sionism, or face death. As Judea has a relatively smaller Sionist population then the rest of Assyria (due to the Jews), tens of thousands are still slaughtered, either by beheading or burning at the stake.

Assryia is not alone in her struggle. Nabatia fights for Sionism as well, but is invaded by a huge Antigotian force. Here is where the real slaughter begins. Nabatia is almost completely Sionist, and so is populated by nearly ten million Sionists. As the Nabatian army is pushed south and defeated over and over again, the land ceded to Antigot undergo a series of holocausts. Genocide is probably the correct term. Hundreds of thousands of dead bodies are left behind, depopulating the land, and causing pain in the hearts of Sionists everywhere. Because of this horrendous act, many nations with Sionist populations condemn the Antigotians and have taken steps against Antigot.

Losses:
    Assyria: 4,000 Holy Warriors, -1,000 Assyrian Horsemen
    Hittites: -7,000 Swordsmen, -500 spearmen, -500 Archers
    Antigot: -3,500 Faalim, -1,000 Archers
    Nabatia: -3,000 Swordsmen, -500 Archers
    Egypt: -500 Spearmen, -500 Swordsmen

In the mountainous lands of Thrace, men march to the east, to a war nobody anticipated. Dalmatia, a peaceful and unnoticed nation along the Adriatic, whom paid no attention to anyone but themselves, found themselves under attack by a Thracian army. Unable to mobilize their army quick enough, the capital soon falls, and the country is split in two, with three quarters of the army in the north, and the rest in the south. No real battle has come from it yet, but the Dalmatians are not in a good position.

Along the central steppe of Europe, the Germans continue against the Teutons on horseback and foot. Most of east Teutonia has fallen to the Germans, and a civil war has begun, with the Teutons in the west fighting the new German population in the east. The Teutons are completely outnumbered and, foot soldier against foot solider, under skilled and weak.

Meanwhile, in the south, the nation of Silesia is now full integrated into a native-German nation, both equally represented and a melting pot of cultures has occurred.

The Muscovites push past their massive and powerful forts into native German land, conquering everything they come against, and destroying the German villages that had remained and not gone west or south. The Germans in this area flee for their brethren, and the land soon falls to Muscovy. Continued disorder threatens the Ukraine, as the people there burn effigies and boycott Muscovite goods.

All across the island of Britain, thousands of logs are cut and transferred to the dozens of ports, and a grand fleet is constructed, giving the navy a total of close to 500 ships. This navy is the heart and sole of the new United Kingdoms, and begins their first mission to destroy any Pictish threat. The two fleets meet each other near Erie, where the Pict fleet plays the role of pirates to UK supply boats. The Picts were no match, their navy is sunk, and their sea lost. Next, the UK blockade the Pict islands, where hundreds begin to starve from lack of food (fishing is number one food source).

But, while the Picts are utterly destroyed on the sea, they have more luck in Ireland. With the citizens at their sides, the Picts push against the UK soldiers, who retreat north and prepare for a counter attack. Woad Warriors show their skill as only hundreds hold off thousands of UK soldiers.

Losses:
    Picts: -120 Galleys, -2,000 Woad Warriors
    UK: -2,000 Highlanders, -4,000 Swordsmen

It is the first generation of peace in Magadha in centuries. During this time, the army is restored to pre-war status, with healthy, happy, and cultured fighters garrisoned in gigantic forts that are constructed, by slave power, in the north along the Aryans. The forts, whose enormosity can only be compared to the forts in Muscovy, repel already hundreds of invasions.

Harimitra, the most peaceful and people-loving emperor ever in Magadha history, has taken advantage of his power position, and has decided to celebrate the culture of Magadha. With the army getting the national budget for the last thousand years, the cities are without public buildings or cultural testaments. This comes to an end with Harimitra, who has constructed thousands of schools, parks, universities, coliseums, statues and whatnot throughout the country. But, most of all, temples are constructed, mostly to the god Vishnu, throughout the country, further strengthening the hold Hinduism has upon Magadha.

The result? I gigantic population boost, and more confidence the people have for the government and the King. The economy experiences a lucky boost as markets are put into use, and slave labor is not used for the construction of all these things (they were used in the north with the forts). Furthermore, a better irrigation system has lead to greater prosperity of farmers, and thus of merchants. What’s more, the priests of Hinduism expand from Magadha, traveling mostly south into the lands of Dravidia and Sinhala, where thousands a day are being converted to Hinduism.

A scientific enlightenment engulfs Magadha, and the nation enters a new age of prosperity. With massive castles in the north, sacred temples in the center, and peasantry littering the land, Magadha has embraced the Medieval Age.

NPC NOTICES

To Antigot
    From Thrace, Carthage and Sparta

Stop this massacre at once, or face economic sanctions.

OOC:

2. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

the mappadada

Attached Files:

3. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

Since when Carthage is either NPC or Sionist??
    And you said no more countries were realy Sionist!

And cool :) soon medieval age :)

4. andis-1

andis-1 The Hedgehog

oh my f*cking god, I'm still alive :eek:! The great leader of brave and strong Finns is back! Bevare all enemies of Finland, you are doomed... MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA...

in other words I'll join as finland :)

5. das

das Regeneration In Process

LOL, not that I mind, but Medieval Age in 1500 BC sounds rather odd. You can't call it the Classical Age or the Imperial Age or the Heroic Age or the Magadhan Age or something like that?

Nice update.

6. Princeps

Princeps More bombs than God

Yes, I'll apologize already for any future disasters or catastrophes casued by my over-impentous countrymen (or man) :rolleyes:

7. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

Oh Jason i'm sure I built roads in France......... I remember I said so in the orders

8. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

nope. but I will call it the early medieval age.

9. das

Um... thanks?

Could you at least rename the knights into cataphracts?

10. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

You can do that to ur own nation. you dont have to use the words i supply.

11. das

*grins evily* :evil:

Can we rename the rest of our army?

12. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

Of course. Just dont go too crazy :)

13. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

to Dalmatia:
    Would you like us to aid you in this war of survival?

to Sparta and Carthage:
    Why do you threaten us? We are doing what is right. Do you mean your going to invade our lands for defending ourselves from rebelles and evil doers that are Sionists?

14. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

To Antigot
    From Dalmatia

Yes, please!

To Antigot
    From Sparta and Carthage

We never said we were going to invade you.

15. Insane_Panda

Insane_Panda Deity

I am back as Sparta now! Although past NPC diplo applies.

16. Toteone

Toteone Deity

(ooc) Mmmkay, I'll take these guys then. I'm much more sympthatic to them anyway. They have a nice name, a pretty country and good icecream (I think) and chocolate in the future.

Not to mention a large defensive army, extensive fortifications and a healthy economy.

Helvettia
    Leader: NPC
    Government: Monarchy
    Economy: Growing +4 [1/4] +2 Banked
    Army: 10,000 Swordsmen, 2,000 Spearmen, 10,800 Archers, 4,500 UU, 3,300 Horsemen
    Navy: 20 galleys
    Confidence: Normal
    Education: Okay
    UU: Helvettian Halberdier- Heavy infantry, able to defend well against most unit types, especially cavalry. Good on the attack, and quick due to their lack of armor. Main weakness is being flanked or arrow fire.
    Notes: The High Road Gates: (+3,000 UU, extra defense on all sides of the nation) (COMPLETE)

17. Toteone

Toteone Deity

To all the wonderful nations that border the graceful majestic mountains of Helvetia and whom do not engage in war and disputes:

We wish for peace with all of you. If you have exotic goods that are rare in Helvetia then Helvetia has much to offer in return! Let us speak of peace agreements and trade.

18. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

Watches and Chocolate! Valuable exports.

19. North King

North King blech

No! I don't want my previous nation ruined by Toteone!

Just kidding, do with it as you will.

20. Toteone

Toteone Deity

Helvetia will be fine. :) It'll be like watching a successor game.
    ---
    We have Alpine snow King Iggy, it is very fresh - we do however not understand this 'chocolate' and 'watches'. Our scientists will focus some of our research on it.

We make halberds... as far as weapons go. We'll be trading in for some spice quite soon if you want any.