Stone Age Mod for 3.19

I believe that Triturador was working on that, but has run aground with Vista compatibility.

Triturador, I was trying out the game in multiplayer over a LAN connection with my house-mate, using the Planet Generator map. Unfortunately, my game CTDed three times in just 90 turns. Given that my machine is more than powerful enough to run Blue Marble, high graphics and still act as LAN host, I was thinking that the instability is either with the map generator, the MP side of the game or the 3.19 mod itself. Could you possibly hazard a guess at to which it is?

I like the new changes to the game and putting BUG in it is a great move!

Do you have any version what runs in BTS 3.13?. If it is, is possible to download?

Triturador, after playing another LAN game with the same friend, we realised that the Epic game setting takes 930-odd turns to go from 50,000 BC (nice starting date, there) to 3,950 BC. I don't know if it's just me, but I think that not playing through the whole span of history and instead reaching a fusion society 850 years before Menes of Egypt is rather missing the point :(

Au contraire, Arakhor ... vanilla and tonnes of mods play the span from that point on, I find it refreshing to have one start even earlier to the very dawn of civilization.

But this is the Stone Age mod, not the Stone Age & Next War mod. Surely that's obvious?

Yeah, there's that. But the ability to play though extra ages at both ends would be epic. If it isn't too much work making a both mod would be awesome. If it is, it still would be awesome, but just less likely to be done. It's just a pity you can't load multiple mods at once.

I'm not saying it's not interesting - it was just not what I expected at all.

Incidentally, Wikipedia suggests that the "Epipalaeolithic" era is the same as the Mesolithic Era, just for those cultures unaffected by the end of the Ice Age (Africa etc.)

Ok, I gave it a spin, on Cheiftain Easymode to work out what was what. Seemed pretty good, but when all the stone age gatherer upgrades become obsolete, having them stop working immediately seems odd. . . Ideally we'd want to replace them, because the new stuff is better, not have then disappear on us.

With tribalism, seed camps are +1gold, making them +1 food, +2 gold overall. This is better then a cottage, or any upgrades of a village you get in the short term. However if it was just +1 food overall, with + 1 gold for tribalism, converting them to the new cottages would be more of a decision in the short term, instead of hurting us in the short term so we don't hamstring ourselves in the long term when they obsolete.

A mine is better then its equivalent as far as I can see, but upgrading to mines makes all the stone workshops disappear, which hurts our production short term for working out how mining works. Seems counter-intuitive to me. Since mines are better, why not let the stone workshops stay, and then our workers can upgrade them to mines as we go along?

Just some food for thought. Cheers for the great mod, and kudos for all the work you've put in.

Hey guys, I tried playing this on windows 7 64bit. I managed to set the game up nicely, but just before I started a new game, it crashed on me. I tried the vista patch, but no dice.
Any suggestions?

*Update*
Turns out the world type (tectonic) was what was making it crash right off the bat. Since changing to a different world, I have been able to play, with it crashing every 5 or so turns. The autosave helped this. But around turn 100 it keeps crashing without fail.

Hey guys, I tried playing this on windows 7 64bit. I managed to set the game up nicely, but just before I started a new game, it crashed on me. I tried the vista patch, but no dice.
Any suggestions?

Same issue here with Win7 32. :confused:

I did not read every post in this thread, but is there some instructions or explanation of the features of this mod? Is there a nomad period before you can settle a city? How is it different from other mods?

Any info is helpful and appreciated.

I downloaded your mod, and it seems that I cannot be able to play since it crashes on me when make a random map... I did the vista patch and it continues to fail, it seems that this mod ALSO does not like 64 bit windows vista.

Hi, I experience a ctd in my game of stone age. Anybody that knows what's going wrong? att my save. just hit new turn and it will collapse. it does on my comp anyway. I playing with the xxl-patch.

Attachments

• Allan BC-6840.CivBeyondSwordSave
    751.9 KB · Views: 179
Sup Guys,

Hope the Mod didn't give up on this. Would like to see this mod continue to develop. Im still on an old Windows XP and I am not having any running issues. :)

Couple of things (when the opportunity presents itself)...

1) creating barbarian units - So they ONLY spawn in the city with the Barbarian Lodge or can they be built? Can they be created in the later stages of the game after you leave the Stone Age eras? Being able to make even a limited amount of barbarian units would help with spawning Barbarian Leaders.

2) Also, is there a way to identify which units are "barbarian" and which ones are regular? I almost got crushed when I came out of Barbarism and alot of my units were dissenting.

3) How about making units with a Raider promotion which essentially makes them appear like barbarians to all the other civs? It would be great to be able to harass other civs that I am not able, or not financially ready enough, to go to regular war with.

Post more as I go. By they way...this is a Great Mod!! :)

Clubmen are barbarians. I don't know if any others are.

Which map does this mod work on, any big world map perhaps? Are you planning to include other mods in it, like total realism and revolution?

Top Bottom