Stop the Presses!

That being said I can't wait to see what are you going to come up with new iteration. Could we hope to ciV AND? Soon?

The key features you see in AND will likely be in Civ5. As for my modding plan, it's confidential ATM. ;)

The key features you see in AND will likely be in Civ5.

Yeah, but a LOT of flavor won't. I mean the game is supposed to be uber complex and I like the level in AND.

As for my modding plan, it's confidential ATM. ;)

You sound like 2K Marketing department now:lol:. I understand of course and I respect it, but listen to your fan base man!

Anyway keep up the good work, and I would pay more money to DL AND then buy xtra Civ (I know that you won't charge but I'm just saying).

Yeah, but a LOT of flavor won't. I mean the game is supposed to be uber complex and I like the level in AND.

I know, I know. But it's going to take the graphics artists many months to create enough unit and building art for RoM-Like mod to even get out of the planning stages.

In that time, I'll hopefully have transferred the best AND features to Civ5, as well as added new ones. Hopefully that, and Civ5's new features hold you over until then.

I can't say much more than that - except this tidbit - RoM isn't over yet. ;)

I may buy Civ 5 just for 1UPT and Muti-core support.
I'm sure you will do a fine job improving the game.

I'd sign on to help get a [civ5] AND out the door, but I'm sure TEH WIZARD has got this under control. I mean lookit, the man is already eyeing the file structure like a master strategist.

I'm not sure I like the idea of competing with him either though ;-)

I'd sign on to help get a [civ5] AND out the door, but I'm sure TEH WIZARD has got this under control. I mean lookit, the man is already eyeing the file structure like a master strategist.

I'm not sure I like the idea of competing with him either though ;-)

Lol. I put the whole file structure up now. There's a lot to be learned, even by what's there (and what's missing.) For instance, we've already learned that there are SQL databases, and no schema files.

Anyway, if you need someone for french translation, it will be a pleasure to 'follow' you.

That would be great, I'll definitely need translators. ;)

How do I find out file structure without buying civ5?

Time for Rampant Civ5 Speculation. I've had a look at the file structure of Civ5, since I've preloaded it, and it appears to be similar to Civ4. Could I have been granted my wish of Civ4 with multi-core support? ;)

Ah, I see. :D

Fascinating. Luckily I already am set up as XML modder. Curious how hard it will be to soak in SDK/LUA skills. We will see in months and years to come :D. First things first, milk every fun-y drop from Civ4:BtS:ROMAND 1.75 (or whatever newer version there will be) before diving into Civ5. I want other players to dive to either come up with "Ahhh, it feels so good, come on down!" or {screaming} "Get me outta here!!! Sharks are down there!!!"

I need to freeze myself untill you make a solid AND Mod for Civ5. That or I could play some Endless games on Civ4 :p

Edit: Peruvian player over here so feel free to contact me for anything I could do (Because we all want more Inca ownage on Civ5)

Ah, I see. :D

Fascinating. Luckily I already am set up as XML modder. Curious how hard it will be to soak in SDK/LUA skills. We will see in months and years to come :D. First things first, milk every fun-y drop from Civ4:BtS:ROMAND 1.75 (or whatever newer version there will be) before diving into Civ5. I want other players to dive to either come up with "Ahhh, it feels so good, come on down!" or {screaming} "Get me outta here!!! Sharks are down there!!!"
I'll be waiting to see what other people say to.

First things first, milk every fun-y drop from Civ4:BtS:ROMAND 1.75 (or whatever newer version there will be) before diving into Civ5. I want other players to dive to either come up with "Ahhh, it feels so good, come on down!" or {screaming} "Get me outta here!!! Sharks are down there!!!"

Well, that is going to take awhile with many combination of features with maps, civs (I have 70 done, I will start a thread on when I have a little more time), etc. We all carved out a nice little empire with RoM-AND. I mean, I am still playing Morrowind (with some of Zap's mods, of course) after all these years. I am not saying I will eschew Civ5, but I will be sticking with Civ4 for a while.

I think that the feeling about CIV 5 (after it will be released) would strongly depend on the fact whether you are a player (like me) or a modder. Players who are used to RoM/AND would be probably disappointed because of the lack of lots of features which we got used to. Modders have different approach - already tired of modding CIV 4, they can't wait to get new toy. And in some way - the worse (I mean as for content and features, because I believe the core game mechanics will be very playable) the game would be, the more fun they'd get :)

As for CIV 5 I'm only worried about the PC requirements. The good thing is that the game would use multi-core processors. But what about RAM and graphics? ROM/AND cause MAF's even though I use 3GB switch. Will I be able to play CIV 5 with my 32bit XP, 4 GB RAM and GeForce 9800 GTX+? Or, 22 months after I bought a new PC, should I think about new purchase....

I think that the feeling about CIV 5 (after it will be released) would strongly depend on the fact whether you are a player (like me) or a modder. Players who are used to RoM/AND would be probably disappointed because of the lack of lots of features which we got used to. Modders have different approach - already tired of modding CIV 4, they can't wait to get new toy. And in some way - the worse (I mean as for content and features, because I believe the core game mechanics will be very playable) the game would be, the more fun they'd get :)

I don't think we have a fair comparison to judge against to make that claim. Civ3 -> Civ4 isn't a fair comparison, since Civ3 modding is barely worth the namesake. Civ4 modding will have much more in common with Civ5 modding than Civ3 had with Civ4.

Basically, what I'm saying is that the best modding ideas that translate well from Civ4 -> Civ5 will be easy and quick to implement. A rundown of what to expect in the next 6 months from me:

• Advanced Unit Automations
  • Advanced Diplomacy
  • Flexible Difficulty*
  • Fractional XP Gain
  • Battlefield Promotions
  • Usable Mountains
  • Multiple Production & Reserach
  • Defender Withdraw
  • Realistic Diplomacy

There are already a bunch of my features that Civ5 is using, like Great Commanders, Personalized Maps, xUPT, etc...

Of course these mods all depend on the SDK being available. So far, I have Civ5 preloaded, but I don't see the SDK. As long as they hold that back, they hold me back. ;)

*This may be even cooler in Civ5, since difficulty not only affects handicaps, but also affects AI decision making in Civ5. In Civ4, there was no difference in AI decision making between settler and deity.

• Advanced Unit Automations
  • Advanced Diplomacy
  • Flexible Difficulty*
  • Fractional XP Gain
  • Battlefield Promotions
  • Usable Mountains
  • Multiple Production & Reserach
  • Defender Withdraw
  • Realistic Diplomacy

Defender withdraw? I thought that was already included in-game through HP?

Defender withdraw? I thought that was already included in-game through HP?

Kinda - Assuming there are withdrawal probabilities (that a unit withdraws instead of dying), that defenders who would die defending instead move backwards instead.

Kinda - Assuming there are withdrawal probabilities (that a unit withdraws instead of dying), that defenders who would die defending instead move backwards instead.

I understand now.

So, how come Ruthless AI isn't on the list? Or is it one of those things that depends on other things to work first?

:eek::eek::eek:

I just read Escapist preview and saw the video there.

I am changing my mind. The microsecond Afforess create AUA modcomp for Civ5, I'm buying it!

Top Bottom