1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Storm Over Europe (SOE)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Civinator, Feb 24, 2012.

1. gugu84

gugu84 Chieftain

:woohoo:
    when when when when whennnnnnnnnnnn can we dl it... :crazyeye::eek:

2. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

gugu84, thank you very much for your input given by pms about SOE. :)

The historical OOBs for units in SOE, as close as I was able to set them, are finished.

There still must be done a lot of modding work with the next version of SOE, among them changes in the 'water'-terrain introducing deepwater harbour tiles, changes in the stats of most subs, - very important - changes in the prerequisites and production of the US units, restoring and updating the lost stealth attack settings of many units (very time consuming) and the civilopedia work (also very time consuming and must be done when the other features are finished, so the historical parts of the CCM unit descriptions can be used).

As I am not a factory, I cannot give a date when the next version of SOE will be ready for download, as this depends on RL. I can only show from time to time with posts like the post above, that it is still in work.

gugu84 likes this.
  3. Lionic

Lionic King

Civinator, do you have any currently non-released units un SOE? I don't seem to recognize the artillery near Norwich on the last screenshot.

4. Civinator

Yes and no. As posted, the next version of SOE includes some released imperator1961 units, masterly shrinked to a better harmonizing size by Wotan49.

Edit: Since some minutes I have to correct the answer to yes. :) :bounce:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    Ozymandias likes this.
  5. czechball

czechball Chieftain

when can you release the mainfile?

Belofon likes this.
  6. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Archivist, redux Supporter

:clap::clap::clap:

7. Civinator

czechball, welcome at CFC! :band:[party]

I answered this question some posts above. You can find it here.

8. Wotan49

Wotan49 amateur handicraftsman Supporter

Greetings Civinator
    :deal: I am waiting and looking forward to the publication this mods storm over Europe :grouphug:

Wotan49

9. Civinator

:D:groucho:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  10. Civinator

There are still tons of work to do with this scenario. Work that is not suited for screenshots. Per example at present about 2/3 of the units have received their new resource settings, avoiding the hyperlink bug.

Edit: May be I have found something interesting to look at. The new generic heavy cruiser in SOE:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    King Bulrush and Ozymandias like this.
  11. Civinator

The next version of SOE is still in work. The overseas resources now have a much greater value and are needed for a lot of production and especially autoproduction in the UK. German submarines now have a much bigger impact to the game, too (later more). I also followed the suggestion in one of the many constructive posts in this thread and renamed the British Empire to Western Allies, according that now a lot more US units will appear in the game.

Canada.jpg

US.jpg

gugu84, Stew Pid and Fortis1 like this.
  12. Civinator

Work on the next version of SOE is continuing. I have started to update or to rewrite the civilopedia entries for the SOE units. Here are some civilopedia entries for units of the British Empire:

Matilda II1.jpg

Matilda II2.jpg

Commando1.jpg

Commando2.jpg

Revenge1.jpg

Revenge2.jpg

Halifax1.jpg

Halifax2.jpg

kamil8787, Samez, Stew Pid and 5 others like this.
  13. Civinator

The work on the update of the SOE civilopedia is still continuing. This is a tough task. Many values of SOE units are controlled and I recognize, that in the last version of SOE that was available at the closed SOC site, stealth attack settings did disappear and some values changed to wrong settings. I don´t know why this happened (may be switches between development in Debug Mode and normal editing), but I hope the correct settings will be restored in the upcoming next version (and many new added).

The next version of SOE will use the possibilities of the new Flintlock patch, especially the new stealth attack possibilities.

Here are some new screenshots about the updated SOE civilopedia:

BulgPz4-a.jpg

BulgPz4-b.jpg

BulgarianStuka-a.jpg

BulgarianStuka-b.jpg

FlowerClass-a.jpg

FlowerClass-b.jpg

DAF M39-a.jpg

DAF M39-b.jpg

JavaClass1.jpg

JavaClass2.jpg

Stew Pid and King Bulrush like this.
  14. Stew Pid

Stew Pid Warlord

Truly magnificent work you are doing here.

15. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

Civinator... Excellent Civilopedia work and the collective Esthetics is Superb :goodjob:

Regarding the loss and or corruption of Biq settings... it is true that if adjustments are made to the Biq and saved as a Debug Biq then changed back to a normal Biq, there is a big risk of loss and corruption.
    I will also add that it is best to save adjustments of a Normal Biq with a New Name then after saving, change the name back to the original Name.

When overwriting a Normal Biq by saving as the same name, the Biq fails mostly to keep adjustments with, for example, settings such as how often a Unit is Auto-produced. I have seen this type of adjustment happen many times by overwriting the saved Biq. Personally, I always save an adjusted Biq by adding a 1_ to the beginning of the original Biq Name then after saving, remove the 1_ to retain the original Biq name.

16. Civinator

Vuldacon, thank you very much for your kind words about the new SOE civilopedia :) and I have never forgot, that you have fixed the leaderhead graphics of some of the SOE leaders appearing in CCM, and therefore for SOE, too (and also many other graphics) :). The new SOE biq has no such 'switches' between Debug and normal mode.

17. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Deity

Did you solve your hyperlink bug by decreasing the number of units dependent on the same resource? What I mean is let's say you have 100 units that require iron to build. Did you reduce that number to 10 units that require iron to build?

18. Belofon

Belofon Chieftain

I guess here's the reason...
    In short: if first resource is set to "None" and others aren't, no resources will be displayed in civilopedia, but they still will be needed to build a unit.

Moff Jerjerrod likes this.
  19. Civinator

:yup: Yes, and this is working very well for resources - both for units and for buildings. But be aware about government specific buildings, as here this trick is not working (only one slot available for governments).

Moff Jerjerrod likes this.
  20. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

I merely posted about that as an explanation that could have taken place and for others to know about... Not that you had anything to do with it :)

All of your Work has been impeccable and extremely well done... No doubt it will be cherished and You honored for Decades to come my Friend.