Strange religion-civ combos.

What, you're having trouble seeing the very embodyments of chaos as a Lawful religeon?;)

Chaos is the natural "Order" of the Universe.

Interesting enough, I actually have a game where the Elohim have converted to the Ashen Veil. Huge, Marathon, Terra map. I'm playing the Amurites, who worship Esus. "For what better way to learn the secrets and knowledge of Erebus, then to embrace the dark and unseen? To move and not be noticed. To be the one that listens to the secrets spread under veil of night?" Anyway, I'd gotten OO, conquered the Clan (who'd founded RoK), then wiped out the Chislev after I refused to pay them tribute (foolish tribals, demanding tribute of a nation that had just crushed their southern, larger neighbor kingdom). Founded OO during this time, then founded Esus and converted. Spread it to the Calabim to my north (we'd been chummy this whole time), then when I founded AV, I ran one of the Great Sages I'd been churning out to build it's holy site. The very turn after, the Elohim (another friend, since I'd been helping them almost constantly against the expanding Hippus and Bannor. Never hurts to have friends in "high places") took up the Vail. Must have been inspired by my nation's sterling example, and since they were on the other side of the world from me, facing the threat of subjugation by their two neighbors, I figure desperation set in. Junil apparently wasn't doing a thing for them, so the enticing whispers from the dark grew too tempting to ignore.

A few turns after this, the Infernals popped up in the new world and proceeded to turn the whole of it into a burning wreck. Since I was the only one with astronomy, I'd been expanding into the place for a bit. Once I saw that hell terrain creeping up on me, I just couldn't help but think "there goes the neighborhood". It's just me and them in the "New World" and considering just how powerful they've grown in so short a time, I'm not going to be the one to tick them off.

Oh, on a side note, the Elohim turned into a protectorate of the Ljosalfar, who turned around and started handing a lesson in how true conquest should be wagged to the Banor and Hippus. Kinda helps that they summoned the Mercurians in and have sent holy retribution down on their heads.

I'm sitting pretty in my shadow shrouded cities, patiently bidding my time when the whole world goes to hell and those damned forests become the firewood they were born to be.

Interesting enough, I actually have a game where the Elohim have converted to the Ashen Veil.

With default small religion weights, that's rather common.

I'm having trouble justifying a Doviello/Order combo.

I always imagined something along the lines of the religion of the creatures from The Island of Dr. Moreau. Not a perfect match 'cause the Doviello aren't actual beastmen, but close enough.

Myself with the Doviello religions its focusing on different parts of a wolf pack society definetly with Chardon, but maybe with Mahalla its more like the traditional vision of the religion.

CoE- The stealthy and night time aspects of the wolf, emphasizing stealth and speed over raw strength.
Order- Hey wolf law might not be very nice but its always fair, when you get old you get killed for the good of the pack. For the greater good....
Octopuss Overlords- Freedom with the wind and snow blowing in your hair. When your sitting completly alone on a windswept plain you can almost hear voices in the wind.....
FoL- This is more so their celebration of their connection with nature in general, what an important part they play in it, the food chain and mainting the cycle and what-not.
RoK- If you don't pull your weight then your not going to get any food. Alright so the repsecting tradition and your elders is thrown out the door but still the hard work is there.
Ashen Veil- Oddly enough i'm having trouble thinking of this one. The Doviello don't seem to be particularly chummy with the whole destroy the world ideal.

playing an orbis game where i'm the scions of patria and founded the council of esus. that parts no stretch because they're essentially an undead ancient rome, so all the intrigue of esus goes right with them and their dark council. for giving away a cheap tech i converted the elohim as well, which was weird. then i got the hippus to do the same. can't really imagine how the whole horse riding and esus worship go together. maybe instead of honorable mercenaries now they'll just take your money and stab you in the back?

Well Esus is alot about the money and Hippus is mercenaries. Not sure how honorable they are however? At least in my mind, the Tasunke loyal part of Hippus is basically bandits.

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Sidar-AV? AV seems to be about demon summoning and undead and the Sidar hate the undead...

Empyrean Calabim always represent Twilight to me. I always imagine Empyrean Vampires as sparkling in the sunlight...

And I didn't even read Twilight, nor I intend to.

All of my knowledge of Twilight vampires comes from the FfH TvTropes page. (Don't click without loads of time to kill. Also a thanks to Killer Clowns for apparently making this page all alone)

I clicked on "our vamps are different" and it appears that their vamps are closer to golems than vamps. I propose the all vampires with sun magic have an autocast spell that removes vampire and adds golem and weak if a vampire should learn sun magic.

I clicked on "our vamps are different" and it appears that their vamps are closer to golems than vamps.

Dunno, Twilight vampires seem to be as sentient and sapient as humans.

Don't forget gay! Vampires dont ruddy sparkle.... Lol I hate it when ppl link to TvTropes. Its like a rickroll except your trapped all day....

One of the strangest things I've seen is the Kuriotates with the Ashen Veil holy city. This is a pretty common occurrence because other people have complained about it.

The Sheaim under the Empyrean was weird, too.

Empyrean Ljosalfar: as already said, doesn't work that bad flavourwise, considering that they are summer elves, and summer is associated with the sun (and their bad history with Esus worshippers). I see Empyrean Ljosalfar as being a step closer to the High Elf archetype.

AV Luchuirp or Amurite: I can see them both adopting it For Science!, with the Luchuirp being more practical about it, while the Amurite would delve into the Veil practices for more of a lust of pure knowledge.

Empyrean Clan of Embers: the most flavourful of redemption options for the Clan, considering the general redemptive nature of that religion and the fact that it seems to be somewhat connected with fire, too (Pillar of Flames).

FoL Bannor - a somewhat hard to justify option, but let's try. "The nature may seem disorganized and random at a first sight. But if you delve deeper, you'll find that all the laws of nature make strict sense and nature works in deeply orderly ways". An Order-FoL hybrid of a kind, maybe with a crusading approach to the forces of evil who seek to defile the natural order of nature with their infernal fires.

RoK Bannor - the values of RoK (tradition, diligence and hardworking) look like they would fit with the Bannor mentality quite well.

OO Elohim - only the Overlords may save the world from much greater evil of Armageddon. I can imagine them being more humane in their practices, as per speculation about softer OO cults in the Broader Alignments thread of the FF subforum.

AV, OO, CoE Bannor - I don't see them as being much softer then their evil-from-the-beginning brothers in the respective faiths. Just the same stuff with a "For the Greater Good" flavour about it. An Amurite AV empire would certainly be a more pleasant place to live in then an AV Bannor.

AV, OO Svartalfar - Dark Elves of less glamorous and more chaotic and facesmashy type, like in Warhammer. Especially OO.

Just saw AV-founding and worshipping Hippi under Tasunke... just cant picture it RP-wise.

Top Bottom