Strategic View!! Screenshots!

Some of the symbols appear semi-transparent, others not. check the worker triangles to see it. Also, ther is a worker inside Nagoya city -> Newly built?

Used their movement Vs still hasn't moved?

And I think I found a Natural Wonder!!! There's a "geyser"/volcano?!? on the 2nd screen above the "Next turn" on Mini-map!!! What do you think?

As for improvements: camps, trading posts, mines, farms, pastures are all pretty easy to pick out.

:confused: really?
With that resolution i have to say i have a hard time to spot anything. I can see horses there on some screenies, but the rest :dunno:.

:confused: really?
With that resolution i have to say i have a hard time to spot anything. I can see horses there on some screenies, but the rest :dunno:.

If you look closely for the 3rd screenshot, you can see several icons... :eek2:

Farming - Farm with 2 silos
Hunting camp - tent with some logs/sleeping bags outside
Mine - Mine cart with stones inside
Trading camp - market stall

etc...

and how about that on the first screen you have dots on the minimap for the mountains?
I like that :)

and how about that on the first screen you have dots on the minimap for the mountains?
I like that :)

Good catch! :goodjob:

I'm staring at these images for more than an hour!! :lol: I'm definitely not in a mood to work! :mischief:

Has anyone noticed that on the 3rd screen there's a ship that doesn't bust the "fog" to his right?? How is "fog" supposed to work in this game?!?

Is the game playable in this mode? Or is this just a static overview of the current game state? I don't see where it's confirmed we can do more than just look at the game in this mode...

Looky here :)

Dennis Shirk said:
One thing we didn’t even talk about in the demo is the strategy view. If you turn it on, it makes everything into a flat 2D hex grid – just like you’re playing a boardgame. Or, if you’re on a plane or something and you don’t want to worry about the high-end graphics, just turn on the grid and it’s totally playable on this 2D map. Like you’re playing Risk or something.

I think this guess in response may be correct...especially if we assume icons on the left of the hex are some form of improvement/building on the hex.
I think your mysterious icon might be a barbarian camp. The fact that in the 1595AD screenshot it is in a rather remote location would account for its late survival.

Actually in the 1595AD screen, immediately to the left of the minimap I just noticed another of these icons in a tile adjacent to a Roman City.
If it is an encampment then those must be some mighty durable camps the barbarians build and (somewhat ironically) the Romans must not understand the threat barbarian hordes can present.

Actually in the 1595AD screen, immediately to the left of the minimap I just noticed another of these icons in a tile adjacent to a Roman City.
If it is an encampment then those must be some mighty durable camps the barbarians build and (somewhat ironically) the Romans must not understand the threat barbarian hordes can present.

On that screen there are 3, like I mentioned previously.
one on the bottom left of the screen, one near Ravena and one above Arretium.

Some of us think it might be a special kind of resource... :confused:

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but it looks like the borders of civilizations are dualcoloured. Like japan is white and red. First i thought a red border against a white border, but you can actually see 4 colours where borders meet. As far as i can tell the colours also match the pallete of city name(red letters in white box, or with aztecs light blue in some redish colour) and also matches minimap white for land and red for city)

how cool is that :goodjob:

Used their movement Vs still hasn't moved?

And I think I found a Natural Wonder!!! There's a "geyser"/volcano?!? on the 2nd screen above the "Next turn" on Mini-map!!! What do you think?

That was my guess with the workers as well, and I imagine that's Old Faithful considering Greg confirmed that and then released a screen with what nearly *has* to be a Natural Wonder.

Has anyone noticed that on the 3rd screen there's a ship that doesn't bust the "fog" to his right?? How is "fog" supposed to work in this game?!?

I think in this screen Japan is the playable Civ. So, if you mean the purple ship north of Satsuma, I think that's a Roman ship and therefor would have no effect on Fog of War. If you mean the ship about two tiles east of Satsuma, it is busting fog, it's just in a coastal tile but next to an ocean tile. It can clearly see two tiles in all directions.

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but it looks like the borders of civilizations are dualcoloured. Like japan is white and red. First i thought a red border against a white border, but you can actually see 4 colours where borders meet. As far as i can tell the colours also match the pallete of city name(red letters in white box, or with aztecs light blue in some redish colour) and also matches minimap white for land and red for city)

It will be much nicer especially after the release of a few expansions, like when in BtS many civs were indistinguishable on the map.

It's very cool. And in some of the other screens located on this site you can clearly see where two Civs' borders meet forming a four-colored border. Pretty cool looking imo.

It's this one: http://www.civfanatics.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=2904&c=36

I like it a lot. It gives a great nostalgia kick for old-time hex-based strategy games.

Good design; very clean.

looks pretty bad to be honest. i was expecting a strategic view from the paradox series.

Anyone got any ideas of what the blue border is? It seems to meander in and out of Japan's borders? (You can see it just to the right of Kyoto in the 3rd image.)

would it be possible to get a screenies with the nasty hex grid turned off?

i just cant warm to the hex shape, and always had the squares turned off in C4.

Thanks for these, though as noted by s/o the borders are not terribly easy to distinguish, and for myself i find the hex pattern terribly distracting visually.

HDLK

Last screenshot, bottom center. Is that The One Ring? >.>

It's a Gold resource. =P

Anyone got any ideas of what the blue border is? It seems to meander in and out of Japan's borders? (You can see it just to the right of Kyoto in the 3rd image.)

Those are rivers. edit: Also note in the second screen the Flood Plain icons along that one northeast river.

Top Bottom