Stream on thursday? Will the last sponsor be revealed?

be honest with yourself: we do know. :lol:

wonder movies!
David said every wonder will have a movie (clip) associated with the wonder. :goodjob:

No. They said every Victory will have a movie. The Wonders keep the same art.

I know "soon" has become the unfortunate catchphrase, but you will know "soon" enough. I wanted to make sure you all didn't come into the livestream hoping for the leader and be disappointed when we don't reveal them.

hm.. I clearly remember that David used "wonders" and "movie" in one sentence. :dunno:

The tweet that I got was very clear that wonder art will be the same but victories will get movies. Here is the exact tweet from Will:

Will Miller ‏@willrmiller Aug 28 Seattle, WA
@JamesHoffmann3 @FXSPeteMurray no new wonder paintings, but we added tons of new art to the UI, including new victory movies!

New wonder art was never a big deal for me.

But Kevin... about those hybrid cities...

no new wonder paintings, but we added tons of new art to the UI, including new victory movies!
I'm not expecting anything but hey its nice to be very literal sometimes.;)

But Kevin... about those hybrid cities...
Hybrid cities I'm counting on you guys, Hybrid Cities.

I know "soon" has become the unfortunate catchphrase, but you will know "soon" enough. I wanted to make sure you all didn't come into the livestream hoping for the leader and be disappointed when we don't reveal them.
unfortunate indeed, well Kevin we will know soon if you show us or not there isn't a lot of time left as I'm sure you know

btw can you show us how trade unit strength works and ANY station changes? that would be awesome if you guys could do that. :D

At what time should it start?

*Sadly slips off yukata.*

Oh well, I guess I can wait another week for the reveal. Actually, I'm looking forward to seeing some of that new art.

*ducks under thrown objects*

The loading screens and other images I've seen so far look great. If you're revealing them in slideshow fashion, can you please play some of the new biomes' ambient music at decent volume in the background? I dig Griffin's work. Immerse me in delicious BERT sauce please. :D

I just asked one of the mods in chat and he confirmed that it will be in-game art that is being shown :)

Edit: my browser was cached, didn't see SK's post already about this.

From today's live stream:

The fungal biome marvel quest gives all your cities +15% food after growth and the tiles adjacent to a giant fungal bloom give +4 food!!!!

Affinity quest bug has been fixed

Victories have been "rebalanced" to make them attainable for hybrids affinities. AI has been improved so that AI will win affinity victories faster.

Core unique affinity units did get a strength balance pass.

A patch coming after BERT is released will consolidate land and sea trade units into just one single unit.

Someone on Twitch tell Pete to attack Ard with his army once they're all over there! gahhh!

Much harder to invade without those patrol boats!

Edit: much harder to invade when you keep throwing away your units one at a time...it's like watching the AI!

I joined the stream late, but the best question I saw was "can you build terrascapes on water?" and the answer was "I don't know, I've never tried before." I'm a bit confused as to how a lead designer can even have that response.

Someone on Twitch tell Pete to attack Ard with his army once they're all over there! gahhh!

Edit: much harder to invade when you keep throwing away your units one at a time...it's like watching the AI!

I think we found out after what they modeled the AI :)

Anyways, not much in this stream, I was hoping for more.

Agreed Metecury, I was thinking for a bit that Pete was going to rush Ard and show us the Domination Victory movie... nope!

I think we found out after what they modeled the AI :)

Anyways, not much in this stream, I was hoping for more.
I think his new nickname should be Pete "Civ AI" Murray. :lol:
not a very long livestream I was hoping to see more art.

It was mentioned that the new victory movies are scrolling-comic book type things, and not a full 3D production. I'm not sure that had been clear before.

It's not unexpected, and a bit of a relief to me. In a sci-fi setting that demands a large range of exotic forms and environments it's a lot easier to create evocative 2D art than to create sufficiently adaptable 3D models. That's why the full 3D leaders of Beyond Earth seem to have a much less interesting affinity progression than the 2D leaders in Starships, despite Starships being a considerably smaller and simpler game.

I'm not expecting that much from the videos but like with the rest of this new art a little can really go a long way.

Top Bottom