1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Subdued Animals in C2C discussions

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Sep 12, 2011.

1. chueche

chueche Chieftain

A new suggestion: What you guys think about albino animals with special + in culture and money?

Culture because native civs see in this animals like a revelation and money becausea modern zoo with white tigers bring more visitors.

The spawn rate is must like 1:1000.

2. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

And we already have it where you can get free terrain protection promotions for winning a battle on damaging terrain.

3. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Sounds more like an event.

4. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Exactly. Why make it even easier?

5. GiuseppeIII

GiuseppeIII The Third Giuseppe

Can you make it so that my auto atically hunting units go on a terrain and then suddenly freeze then

6. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Post a save showing this - it shouldn't happen.

7. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

I *think* I may know what is happening. There is no check for damaging terrain as far as I can tell in the AI_explore() or AI_exploremove! Even if that isn't what's happening in this particular instance, if I'm right that should be remedied.

8. GT Ranma

GT Ranma Slowest of the Slow

Just wanted to say that a Red Panda isn't a bear. (In my game, it was classified as one). It is a Musteloidea (Sounds like the name of a Muscle Man), the family consists of weasels, red pandas, racoons and skunks.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musteloidea

Not sure if you guys wanted your animals classified that precise, so I thought I would just mention it in case.

9. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

For sure, but it would still (also) be nice to have saves that exhibit it so we can be sure we are getting the case that is actually occurring.

10. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

OK, I'll add that change. It won't make the AI ignore the damaging terrain while exploring, but it will cause it to value it far lower than normal terrain, so that it will only explore across a desert/tundra if there are no other good options.

11. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

I don't think that case (which should indeed be addressed) explains the 'just sitting there' behavior that was being seen though, so I think that root cause of THAT is probably something different. We'll get a save at some point I'm sure, whereupon it'll be easy to get to the bottom of.

12. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Agreed, but this change is still a good idea.

13. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Well first of all you would need to invent Latin (and Greek) then Biology.;) Yes catagorising the animals is a bit ad hoc. I was going to have the Koala as a bear also since it looks sort of like one.

14. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

15. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I have not even begun to start looking at the subcombat stuff. I was going to try and finish a game as part of testing before doing anything more with animals. My current priority for animals is
    1) Era free buildings for people who start in later eras.
    2) A few new myths and legends (Prehistoric, Asian/European/American Bears, Legend of the Peacock Throne, ...)
    3) Try and get rid of the greyed out building buttons by either upgrading Myths or obsoleting them when appropriate.
    4) Events to spawn tame/subdued animals for smaller maps and later eras.
    5) combat.​

16. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Ok... I was just wondering if the aforementioned comment was stemming from subcombat def's which would've been surprising since I didn't think we were working on that quite yet.

17. GT Ranma

GT Ranma Slowest of the Slow

Ah, ok, was wondering.
    Oh, also wondering, when the Myth becomes obsolete, did you make it give -1 science on purpose, or was it suppose to go to 0?
    It giving -1 science, when you just learn Writing makes me, at this point and time, ignore myths as they don't give that big of a bonus, but having -5 science and +5 culture (from say 5 myths) seems to not be worth it once you get writing?

18. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

From my stand point it helps out alot when you play at higher gamespeeds, snail/eternity.

19. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

All myths give +1:science: when built and then loose this at some stage, it used to be -1:science: at writing in v25. This means that two of the myth buildings can take turns off your science research early in the game. This is exactly what they are for. Many also provide boosts to other buildings, mostly reducing the costs for building religious buildings and wonders, so they don't go obsolete. You need the Myth of Sky and Earth to be able to build the Nizca Lines wonder.

In v26 each Myth now looses the +1:science: at a more appropriate tech.

I have just gone through and adjusted many of the myths a bit. Some now do go obsolete. There are many things you can do with the subdued animals, what you do is your choice ;).

20. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

@Dancing Hoskuld

I finally got the Snow Leopard to work! :D

Like I said before They live in Asia in the Himalayan Mountains. It should probably get the Myth of the Cheetah, Leopard and Jaguar.

I was thinking perhaps it could be renamed "Myth of the Spotted Cat".

Talking about re-names could the "Jaguar (Animal)" be called just "Jaguar" since the Aztec UU is called a "Jaguar Warrior" now.

Thanks!