Succession game # 3 - The claustrophic Indians

Up next - donsig

Well that was most unexpected. I never even thought about taking out Babylon. I saw them as a distraction for Persia. ;)

I am not sure why a palace is building in Bombay. We are not close to ANY wonders. Please change to University.

BEFORE hitting Persia - I would like a few units on the island to stop Persian harrasement. Troop wise, we would lose most of our military right know.

I think next up is some new cities. One on the Persia island - to insure a barracks and troop upgrades / repairs. One more on the former Babylon island - next to the iron. I don't want to risk iron going away.

:confused: Where will Saltpeter show up?

The latter half of the 12th century and the first half of the 13th century was a tranquil and peaceful time for India. The Great Dhondi lived during part of this period and inspired the building of libraries and universities. He also encouraged Indians to go forth, as their ancestors had, and found new cities in order to bring even greater glory to India. Bands of settlers were organized and stared on their long journies towards the open lands both east and west...

Up next - hobbes

I think it is time to tell Perisa to leave the Bangalore island.

How about an embassy with Persia so that we can track there war status versus Babylon?

We should get a least one or two cities building military. War with Persia is known. The only question is when.

The answer to the above question is now. The Babs no longer exist, it is just us and the Persians (and their immortals). Everything was going along peacefully until 1325, when the Persians declared war on us. The city that we found on their main island is under attack at this very moment. In anticipation of this event, I have stockpiled troops in this city. I had to retreat from the surrounding area in order to present a better defense. We have walls and barracks and a bunch of troops. Do no let our swordsmen attack a stack of less than two, otherwise we will lose that swordsmen. Save the single stacks for the war elephants. I am in the process of building our military, where available, and would advise and soon as projects are complete switch to units. As soon as we got the workshop, I began upgrading our troops, so we have a fair number of musketmen, but less money. Well, whoever is taking over next, good luck, it should be a good fight.

1250 – Establish embassy with Persia, find out that they have 27 turns to finish the workshop, so unless they get a GL we will have it. Send settler towards Persian Island to form city (in hindsight should of put city on hill).

1265 – Bengal founded (Hey Xerxes, :midfinger ).

1285 – Complete the workshop, process of upgrading our military begins. Rush Temple of Ganash (Indian elephant God) at Bengal.

1290 – Babylon asks for peace, we agree. The real battle will be with Persia.

1300 - Musketmen are being sent from our main island to Bengal for expected war. Rush barracks.

1325 – First musketmen arrive at Bengal, Persia declares war. Persia launches a massive attack against our defensive perimeter. Our troops in the mountains put up a good fight, but take loses.

1330 – Kill off two knights, few immortals, spearmen but our perimeter is getting hit, decision is made to retreat to Bengal.

1335 – Defensive retreat. We lose a few units, the Persians lose more.

1340 – Retreat is complete. Troops are given a chance to heal, more reinforcements arrive.

1345 – Persian troops move to the outskirts of Bengal. We stay inside.

1350 – Persia has stacked troops outside of Bengal (mostly immortals and a few spearmen), though they are located on hills our WE make short work of their two spearmen. Our swordsmen then go into attack the immortals, six are killed to none of our swordsmen. :hammer:

Lee comes to a world filled with war, and there will only be a single winner.

1355 - The persians start destroying improvements by Bengal. I am not surprised at all.

1360 - The Persian commit suicide at Bengal. The attrition is favoring us so far. Punjab sees 2 units land, and falls to Persia :(

1365 - We are alreading getting screwed on War Weariness. I thought Persia declared war? It is revolution time, and back to Monarchy. We lost a War Elephant for 2 knights.

1370 - We lose a galley with a swordmans loaded onboard, and don't score a hit :(

1375 - Shivaji comes to lead our glorious troops in battle. He leads the 1st WE army.

1380 - The order of Indian cross is given to the 2nd Elephant division. The defense on the hills of Bengal kill a Knight and an Immortal. Persia must be hurting, as they ask for peace. Why bother?

1385 - The menacing Persian galley SINKS by Bengal. Our troops convoys are safe again. We are broke again, as I rush a War Elephant in a crap production city.

1390 - The Heroic epic begins in Delhi. We can use every possible leader.

1405 - Shivaji army comes back to rest, after killing several Persian units.

1420 - The knight from Hell. Our army is beat down to 3 hits points killing a lone knight. WTF?

1435 - Start researching Military tradition. Does anything else matter?

1440 - Scratch 2 persian galleys.

1445 - The forbidden palace is finally built. I capture and disband a worker. Shivaji army attacks with other WE and RAZES Hlobane. A size 6 city would have to many happy problems. Finally, a real blow against Persia :)

1450 - Shivaji and other WE raze Uruk. A raiding force pilages the road above Nineveh, taking 4 cities out of the Persian network. They are heading back to Bengal to recover.

Summary:
At this point, peace with Persia is meaningless. Skip the optional crap like Democracy, Free Artistry, and Economics.

Nanking is building cannons. With the goal of a few in key cities having extra defense.

The ship north of Bengal is to explore the island with Ergilli on it. This may be target to raze. This will be military victory, not domination. We need to cleanup the garbage

Keep building the Caravels and War Elephants.

Keep building cash. I would like the option to upgrade all those War Elephants in Bengal. :flamedevi:

Up next - Knight-Dragon .

As long as we don't get too aggressive, Persia will die. My 20 years went well - A great leader, the size of the attack on Bengal fizzled, the attrition is clearly favoring us, and Persia lost 2 cities.

EDIT: Out of date attachment deleted.

Hmm... can War Elephants be up graded?

I should be able to play tomorrow afternoon before work if Knight-Dragon gets his round done in time.:)

War elephants can be upgraded to cavalry, like riders (confirmed) and samurai (I think). Just think of them as Indian knights. :)

I think we're going to wrap up this game nicely soon. :)

I agree - this will is a won game. Persia fizzled at the key city.

The only risks is over extended ourselves.

I give India a lot more flexibility with adding lots of caravels. Raids along the Persian coast are getting easier ;)

Raids? Invasion more like it ..... :D

Highlights of my reign : -

1455 Chged prod for Bengal to harbour. Need it to upgrade WE later on.

1460 Defeated attking knights in Kolhapur.

1465 Built Heroic Epic in Delhi! Building Magellan's Voyage now.

1475 Captured and razed Bapedi. Captured 4 workers.

1480 Captured and razed Ellipi. Captured worker and catapult.

1500 Researching physics now (to get to next Age ASAP). Delhi switching to Military Academy :D. Bought harbor in Bengal for 200+ gold. Captured and razed Zimbabwe. Bloody city is on a hill!? Fortunately didn't lose too much (cos its our Army attking).

1520 Captured and razed Ulundi. Captured 2 workers.

1535 Captured and razed Sidon. Persian city! Captured 4 workers.

Passing on to the next Warlord. :D Let's fry the Persians all the way!!! :lol:

Up next - Scoobs

I hope you like war. This is a game of crunch the Persians. This is a military victory, not domination, so city razing if preferred.

I took over, continued our almost 100% military production, and moved west and south on the Persian mainland.
In 1570 Great Leader Porus joined our ranks, and formed the first Cavalry army. The 2 armies along with some artillery support are continuing moving west, with some Cavalry and Musket following.
We finished the Militray Academy and are now building yet another army in that city, should be done soon. Navigation is almost researched, and we should upgrade our transport capacity. It's only a matter of time before the Persians fall.
There is also a small troop movement on the islands in the south. One of the islands has been decimated, but the ship was destoyed, another is on the way. I have both armies fortified and healing before someone moves them west to finish the job. The Persian Incense camps are being pestered by a lone Cavalry, and he will need back-up soon.
2 Caravels full of Cavalry are making their way towards Bengal, might be wise to unload them closer to the front. Barbarian are making camps everytime I destroy them south of Bengal, and a 2nd city was founded west of Bengal to bring in Dye to our mainland. I have Cavalry fortified in those mountains to keep the Barbarians at bay.
I captured and kept Babylon (has the Great Wall), but it is under attack from Persian Immortals every so often. An Elite Cavalry gaurds it solely.
Push forward next guy, the end is near.

Up next - donsig

Hmmm... Will it even get back to me?

I am glad to see some of the Persian islands getting clear.

Next side trip - Ergilli?

1630 AD: Killed 1 immortal, 1 barbarian

1635 AD: Killed 2 barbarians

1640 AD: Killed 1 knight, 1 pikeman, 1 barbarian. Lost 1 cavalry when knights counter attacked. Began upgrading navy.

1645 AD: Advance to Persepolis begun.

1650 AD: Killed 2 knights.

1655 AD: Troops land near Ergili.

1660 AD: Killed barbarians. Ergili razed. Troops land near Hamadan. Seige of Persepolis begun.

1665 AD: Barbarian killed. Hamadan liberated. (I didn't raze it because I like the name.:) )

1670 AD: Troops land near Antioch. Killed knight, lost cavalry. Captured Persepolis. Kept it because of the lighthouse.

1675 AD: Persian government has fled to Susa.

Notes: Reduced our cavalry output in favor of city improvements. We seem to have enough force to take out Persia - just need time.:)

We won! Defeated the last of the Persians in 1740 AD. I did not have to go to the island and take the last two cities. When the Persians had one city on the mainland and two island cities, I offered a peace treaty for the two island cities, he took it (Ha Ha) :). It was all over but the shouting. I have included the file, right before the assault of the final city.

Final Score – 2086
Persians – 908

Ghandi the Clever

Like I said

"Hmmm... Will it even get back to me? ".

I knew Persia was weakerat the end of my 20 turns. I didn't even think THAT weak.

Hobbes - I love it :goodjob: Great way to save the trouble of cleaning up the annoying island cities.

Perfect timing - I start a new contract on Monday, and will have less free time. Of course, I will open another succession game at some point. I suspect a 2nd game needs to finish. None of the other ones are close.

Even though my part was brief I enjoyed the game. It was the first time I was able to command two armies at once!

I like the ending treaty!:goodjob:

Top Bottom