Succession game anyone?

I like variant rules as well, depending on the rule. Unique challenges can be fun. Ultimately it depends on the SG tho.

I mean, the Perpentach SG had rules where you couldn't communicate with the other turn players about what you did, and your turn-sets were in spoiler tags. The idea was that as the personalities switched, they had no idea what the previous one was thinking.

I'm interested, but only if tech trading is completely off (that's how I always play my personal games). Bump up the difficulty to compensate the AIs for having to do all of their own research.

My reason? Tech trading is just too gamey. Beat on someone until he's ready to cough up a bunch of techs in exchange for peace. Repeat.

Edit: and I wouldn't be interested in a Balseraph no communication game. They ran a second one at Realms Beyond, and I think it was much less successful than the first.

I have tried to get EitB from moddb several times. It has never worked.

Ryan coudn't get it either. I think he had to make an account or something?

Ok i suppose so far we have:

Me
Tasunke
Doug Piranha
akatosh

If i forgot anyone or got some one on the list who does not belong there plz let me know, so we can set this game up soon.
I suppose we discuss the game settings once the participants are decided.

I could probably get it from dropbox then.

IIRC that was only temporary, and mardoc has since taken it down.
What difficulty are you thinking of?

Ok i suppose so far we have:

Me
Tasunke
Doug Piranha
akatosh

If i forgot anyone or got some one on the list who does not belong there plz let me know, so we can set this game up soon.
I suppose we discuss the game settings once the participants are decided.

I'm in. Why not ?

Like Gekko posted. Thats how I fixed my problem. Just make an account on moddb. The problem was if you didnt have an account on moddb they would forward you to another site to download it. That other site blackmails certain countries from downloading files. Its all in that thread. I made sure to post how I fixed it to help others.

Im tempted to join but I dont know how succession games work or how to make a dot map and im a noob :p

Sg work with a roster of players, each playing 10 (20at the start) turns each and then posting/uploading/emailing the (single player) save to the next player.
During your set you traditionally post a report (including pictures you take) and discuss the direction of the civ / important decisions.
Dotmaps are relatively uimportant (you can always ask teammates if uncertain), besides I think MNAI comes with a dotmapper.
As gekko said, they're great for learning how to play and rarely care about experience.
Don't be scared by a high difficulty either. Ffh2 (and even MNAI) play about two difficulties below the equivalent in bts (the ai doesn't understand many of the mechanics) and sg also play a couple of levels lower as you've got people to discuss with.
Eitb also plays easier, as the early game (when the human is most at threat) passes quicker, and MNAI has BUG to help you out.

Some techs cost less...not the earliest ones, but around the teir two era it starts being felt.
Its an intentional change so that the "cool toys" can be reached in a reasonable time.
This means things like mages and priests will be reached earlier, allowing the intelligent human to start countering the ai super stacks

Ok so I'm going back into civ territory tomorrow, and I have a hankering to play in this.
Seeing as we seemed to have no clear conclusion (yet plenty of interest!) I'll try to organise the issues to gather a consensus.
Of those willing to play, please vote on settings:
Mod: EitBv09 / MNAI / OTHER
Difficulty: EMP / IMM / OTHER (rising difficulty could also work)
Tech trading: OFF / ON NTB
Variant: Perpy / OTHER / NONE / DEPENDS ON CIV
Civilization: [NAME ONE ;)]

Personally I'm fine with whatever - though id prefer higher difficulty, either NTB or NTT and (most importantly - I haven't even got MNAI installed :p) though I'm happy to go with group consensus) EitB.
For the rest - I honestly don't mind, but I'm more of a builder at heart so would prefer not to rush someone - maybe the sidar?

People who've expressed an interest:
Q
Aline
tasunke
akatosh
Doug Pirahna
Scutarii
Ryan (I'm fine with noobs. - we all were once right;))
Apologises tor any mistakes.

Mod: don't care
Difficulty: depends on civ choice, other rules. Probably Immortal.
Tech trading: OFF!!!! This is a game breaker for me. Check the first EitB succession game for typical tech trading abuse.
Variant: not Perpentach, it's been done. Pretty flexible otherwise. I'd prefer a fairly large builderish map without any super-close AI civs.
Civilization: pretty flexible here, too. Some suggestions: Sheaim, Svartalfar, Luchuirp

Top Bottom