Succession game anyone?

I have not tried EitB yet. I would be fine to play that as I have manage to get it now.

So AW against evil civs? We have to declare at first possible moment? I wuld like tech trading to be on and have a coalition against evil on the objective. i.e. make all non evil civs join the overcouncil.

Oh yes that's another one I default too (also appropriate for elohim).
Seeing as I'm semi-organizing this game I'll post a bunch of starts. on Friday night (nz time -in 24 hours basically).

Player roster/order (I'm going to presume a30/20/10/10...) setup):
Q
akatosh
Folket
Ryan(see)
Kiech

3 settings we should consider(I've heard there are some messups with mnai though): No minimum levels, No building requirements, Rising difficulty.

Other settings:
Mnai
Erebuscontinent
no wrap
low sea level
high cohesion
default rest of map settings
standard size, all ais are evil (randomly chosen)

Wildlands
All unique features
Double events
Always war
blessings of amatheon
no acheron (orthus?)
Elohim civ

Anything else?

Fake edit: :duh: which leader?
Also, tech trading on since were playing aw ?

Hah xpost.
I haven't tried mnai either, but I think that's the consensus (eitb is definitely worth a try though :nod: ).
I think its just straight AW, with every civ prechosen to be evil (I.e. randomalignment=evil).

I thought we would have a mix of nations. I do not really want play a game with AW against all other nations.

I don't care honestly.
Is it a sticking point? (I really do just want to get this moving :/).
If we do that here are alternative settings
NOT AW, TT, ALL EVIL CIVS
Instead NTB (we may not accept trades with neutral civs)
There's 7 opponents on standard right?
4 Evil, 2 neutral 1 good (or 3/2/2) if 6 then (3/2/1).
We may not engage in diplo with the neutrals (we may accept/deny their proposals, but not haggle).
We must declare war and maintain war with any evils (I'm. open for suggestions about how to handle stuff like seven pines corlindale etc.
Reason why aw is easiest: it halves ww by default, which gets very high late game in ffh .

What are ethne / ebook logos traits?

Actually I've been in contact with Ryan (who's sick) and he says he'd prefer eitb.
akatosh/Keich would you be ok with that?

ethne is CRE/DEF, einion is PHI/DEF. both pretty crappy, you might want to go unrestricted... I like Arendel as a super Ethne.

for map and settings, I'd suggest WorldofErebus/ErebusContinent, medium cohesion low sealevel, 8 civs on standard size ( 3 evil 3 good 2 neutral, you might want elo+bannor+ljos+khaz+lanun+svart+sheaim+illians so all religions are represented and the world can end in either ice or fire or be saved :D ) , smart climate modify, great plains, no tech brokering, no acheron, no time victory.

It has the mnai changes, the only things missing are BUG.
(Link, up to v9 http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
Omg id forgotten how much ffh leaders sucked!
Couldn't care less about those traits, enion feels most appropriate.
I won't change settings unless someone (who's playing ;)) wants to.
I'm not doing unrestricted (what's the point in role-playing?)
If its 8 opponents id prefer 3/3/2 to make it more "against the world" and random select because there's a point where its best just to let the rng decide.

At the end of the day, id be fine with mnai just to get this moving.

I meant random by alignment, as e plain earlier.

I would prefer 1 Illian, 1 Sheaim, 3 Evil random, 3 random. This way we will have to stop multiple Armageddons at the same time while not knowing if we have any allies. And MNAI.

Anyways, if you want to get started, generate the map so we can start gazing.

Ok so in the end I made an executive descision as there hasn't been any consensus.
These are the settings:

Our leader (w00t Defender :rolleyes: ):

The start:

Attachments

• SG1 AD-0001.CivBeyondSwordSave
    47.5 KB · Views: 37
My thoughts:
The top desert is entirely aimed at founding for the FP/gold, but is weaker then the others.
The FP/DB/Incense site is probably the best, main caveat is missing Ygg.
Ygg/Db: this should be one west sorry, but couldnt sign there. Probably fits most thematically.

General thoughts: We want aristocracy/agrarianism obviously.
I'm tempted to go RoK->Empy (Runes to help the rex, empy because ive never tried the broken vanilla Chalid :p)
We'll need water mana soon - what ones do we start with?
We probably want an early academy out of Enion - we only get one trait, we might as well use it.
I'll play 30 turns after 12 hours, unless I hear other wise.

I am for moving the settler next to the fruit. The spot we at in now looks like a good 3rd city site.

water mana is definitely going to come in handy, with those settings there's gonna be SO MUCH DESERT :D

luckily Elohim should start with it

What version is this? What is the mod name?

MNAI (just the basic link on the first page).
Played 31 turns.
Settled next to fruit of Yggdrasil, building worker->scout->warrior and researching agriculture->calender
Met the Hippus T2 (her wrrior on the MoH).

Popped the Pyre for the Jade Torc

Unfortunately the scout died to a spider :(

Met Tebryn Arbendai:

Fortunately theyre a fair distance from us, zombies should take their time reaching us.

Researched Agriculture - the workers timed to be on the FP to farm immediately :)

Popped barbs from a graveyard - warrior killed them only to die 2 turns later :(

Found clan borders, didn't make contact as worried about a choke:

Calender came in T31 (which is why I played it) and I dual revolted into NH and Agrarianism:

Here's our civ where I left it:

I think we should research education next, grow the capital to happy cap on warriors (Size 5?) and then start on a settler.
You can't really see in that picture, but I think the eastern site is best, especially as iot can work the farmed floodplain at size1.
I get the feeling that the lower region (sorry no pics :() can be mostly backfill, as it doesn't look like it ends anywhere.
Regardless, the FP area is definitely the lushest and we should look to claim it soon, especially so we can trap AI stacks on desert.

FYI I built worker->scout->warrior.
Lost all explorers, last warrior stayed home.

Because akatosh might not know this is ongoing would someone else like to play next set (20turns).
Otherwise:
akatosh - UP NOW
Folket - ON DECK
Ryansee
Kiech
Q
If akatosh doesn't show up within 24 hours, Folket should grab it.

Attachments

• SG2 AD-0031.zip
    94.5 KB · Views: 59
Top Bottom