Succession game anyone?

Aline

Cat
So.... anyone up for another FFH succession game?
It has been a while since we did that and i would love to do one using more navy AI for a change, you know so you cant just step on the AI and take its lunch money.

I talked to Tasunke about it and he would be interested to join, so we allredy have 2 people.
As for civ and leader he came up with this wired idea of playing Sheaim with Cardith and go for a building strategy focusing on the use of planar gates.... i have no idea if that will work.

Join on in will ya´

Perhaps leader personality should be changed so that they are more unwilling to be bribed. I would expect Hippus to be easy to bribe, but others should be more reluctant.

Hmm. I haven't experienced much bribing of the AI, and would like the chance to do so. :p

I'd love to join a succession game.

edit - if the civs/victory conditions are still open, I'd like to try something that explores (and attempts to abuse) the use of Theocracy as a civic. I feel like this civic should be exploitable using Altar levels but I can't seem to get it to work.

edit2 - another idea is a Perpentach game with any civ. Change players whenever Perp changes his traits.

Really wish I had time for a SG:sad:
However if you do want to do a perpy one, here is a guideline you could use. (Really epic thread too - well worth a read).
Basic outline is to just be as random as possible - no communication between players (reports in spoilers for lurkers/post game), 2D6 turns per set, completely random map settings etc.
The most important part is the no communication - produces fun results (perp founded both WC and order in the original).

edit - if the civs/victory conditions are still open, I'd like to try something that explores (and attempts to abuse) the use of Theocracy as a civic. I feel like this civic should be exploitable using Altar levels but I can't seem to get it to work.

try being Grigori, adopting Theocracy and casting your worldspell :D

Hey guys are we going to do this or what? That Perp game looks fun. I'd also be up for trying some of the civs I have tried to play but still don't understand well--Luchuirp, Amurites, and Clan are others I'd like to try.

Hmm.

I'd be up for Amurites, Sheaim, or Luchuirp I think.

Either EitB 9 or MNAI 1.41 I suppose?

Well i love the Balseraph so some perp insanety would allways be kinda cool.
Other than that Amurites would iterest me alot, as i have not played them to much.

each succession game is different, but they all have a common thread.

1. each player takes turns playing the save. Usually they take turns in the same order. Sometimes these 'turn sets' are about the same amount of turns each. Generally 20 turns each in the early game, and 10 turns each after that. Sometimes fewer turns than that in the late game, if turns take a long time to play.

I guess a general rule would be no use of the World Builder :p

No replaying.

An most succession games also makes variant rules.

for example
Win a domination victory while having all AIs at pleased or better.

That sort of rule just makes it gamey imo, and just adds to the length.
I'd be up for a casual EitB one in a few weeks, but can't manage it ATM.
IMO luchuirp/perp are funniest of that group.

I meant the VC btw, not the obvious no cheating rules.

They are usually there to give the game an unique challange. Which I think can be fun.

Where can I get EitB?

Top Bottom