Sucession LK6 - Anyone plays - Iroqouis

Here's the events by date of the longest 3 turns of my life:

1981:
-Toyama captured by Egypt, our tank army has to go north through Japan to hit the next-nearest Persian town
-about a half-dozen workers seized by India
-Egyptian MPP is triggered, they declare war on India
-Egypt lands a lot of tanks and WAR CHARIOTS by new Bombay
-SS Engine complete
-Chittagong flips back to India

-A source of Uranium is depleted, a new one is discovered
-We take New Bombay from under the noses of the Egyptian forces
-Pune taken
-Merv captured from under the noses of three Japanese galleons, likely loaded with troops to take that town themselves.
-Craploads of bombardment. Not as much bombardment as I could have done, as many of the bombers in India were unable to find any targets from their airbases, so I relocated them.
-Global warming turns a plains tile into desert
-workers back home are kept entirely busy cleaning up orange goo.

-SS Docking Bay complete
-Umfolozi flips to India
-Recapture Chittagong
-Even more bombardment. New Jaipur, whatever the Persian capital is, Ngome, Albequerque hit hardest
-Egypt is in position to take Cleveland from the Indians (a bad baseball pun?), but we have lots of mech infantry in the field preventing them from taking another with that tank and chariot column.
-I relocate the battleships and destroyers around Cleveland further west to continue bombardment
-more pollution cleanup
-global warming turns a grassland into a plains.

-Albequerque captured
-Bombardment
-a mixed stack of 8 mech infantry and tanks is on its way to the Persian capital, it should be able to take it with ease once some of the bombers in the area reduce it to a town (currently size 7, the highest rated defender was left with 1 hp). Two stacks, one of mostly mech infantry and the other mostly of tanks, are headed towards New Jaipur, which just got bombarded down to a city from a metro (size 12). The rest of the tanks and mech infantry in the area might want to run interference with the Egyptians, preventing them from leaving Cleveland. With about a
transport's worth of mech infantry and tanks being produced on any given turn on the Iroquois homeland, the rest of eastern India should fall within three or four turns, pushing India and Persia back into the old Zulu homeland.

-I was unsure what to do with Red Cloud, so I fortified him in Salamanca for the time being. Maybe we could use him to rush a SS part, or just to get another tank army in the field.
-If you capture a city, don't have it building mechanized infantry. There are fewer than 100 turns left in the game, they'll NEVER finish. Have it build a temple or a worker instead.

Pre-turn
I drop science by 10% to produce positive cash flow. Rush some temples to increase # of squares owned. I found some mech inf sleeping in Horseville, and promptly wake them up. I woke up some workers to send to the new world. I am glad to see the wedge I was working on in India is finally paying off.

1984 AD - I am seeing a lot of my favorite messages - cultural border expansions.
Hopeless corrupt cities will start producing wealth.
Tell the UN to shove a vote.
I beat the Egyptians and take New Hyderabad. Mech Inf vs. spearman was a safe bet :lol:
Intombe is caputred. I am swinging toward Swazi to beat Egypt there.
More new cities formed - New Ganogeh, New Gayagaahe,
A load of bombs is falling on New Japiur.
Rush a couple more temples with money above $1000.
I found more units asleep in the rear areas.
A strange bit of AI logic - Eygpt expires our MPP , so that we can renew it for the same price :confused:

1985 AD - New Gewauga is founded.
New Madras, New Chittagong are captured.
Cleveland is destroyed :(
Minneapolis is caputred - Operation wedge crunch continues - 3 cities to go.
New Jaipur falls - costing some units, but 2 cities left to complete operation wedge.
I manage to catch some ships on long distance goto, and stop them.
Calvary still has some use - I capture 2 workers, and send them to finish New Salamanca rail net.

1986 AD - More Uranium depletes, but no replacement source.
New Bangalore falls - Operation wedge crunch requires one more city.
Kolhapur falls - Operation wedge crunch complete. Pick up a good block of workes in the process.
Swazi is captured - again we beat Egypt to the punch.
Tampa bay is captured - I will always try Mech Inf vs. Spearman. I spotted Egypt tanks by it after taking it - again I beat him to the punch.
New Goigouen is captured.
Around round of temple rush. Also rushes some settlers - we have a boat load of spots to fill in.
Start a massive movement of troops out of the wedge.
Finally, some good news. Satelittes research completed.

1987 AD - No new grand attack plan in place. For the moment, simple attack everywhere. Building a ton of settlers, a turn of space to fill in.
Umfolzi falls.
New Kawuaka, New Kente, New Kiohero are formed.

1988 AD - Herat, Hlobane, Isandhlwana, Tugela, Ngome are captured.
I capture a stack of unguard artilery :)

1989 AD - Peace with India - for the moment. I can get 2 cities at no cost ;) Oops, I'm sorry India. I didn't mean to attack your capital in Zimbabwe.
Orlando is destroyed - blasted patch - New Owego replaeces it.
New Neodakehat, New Oiogouen are formed.
Wow, Japan has guts - NOT! Indian down to one city, and then they declare war.

1990 AD - The AI worker obsession is driver me nuts. I spend a lot of time reclaiming workers.
Mpono, Zimbabwe and Ulundi are captured. Persia and India are eliminated. :) :) :)
New Skannayutenante, New Onnontare, Salamanca 2, Niagra Falls 2, Grand River 2, Allengheny 2, Cattaraugus 2, Oil Springs 2 are formed.
WTF???? If I attempt a revolution the game crashes????
I have to keep Monarchy for another turn :mad:

1991 AD - The Generals are bored, for we haven't seen peace in a LONG time.
Tonawanda 2, Mauch Chunk 2 are formed.
AGAIN! - Crash crashes if revolution attempted - Mauch Chunk still the culprit.
Herat revolts and we lose it. I am not surprised, as it is surrounded by Japanesse cities.

1992 AD - Well the bug is irrelevant. DOMINATION VICTORY!

Wathcing the replay
1000 BC - We had 4 cities, Indian had 9! We have the least cities of any civ it looks like.
10 AD - The Iroqouis have come closer at the expense of 4 french cities. Looking at the Histograph, the decision to hit France probably is what won the game. With the early FP in french territory, we had a hugh production base.

Iroquois - 4130. We top the charts - Hiawatha the Magnificent.

I am glad somebody else didn't play during the after C_C.
Blasted forum problems almost screwed this up.

The save game if you are curious. ;)

You'd still be playing this time tomorrow on those turns if I hadn't mailed you the save 30 hours before the forums came back up, and there was NO way in Hell anyone could have possibly played anything meaningful in those 10 minutes between me posting the save and you posting the ending. I don't spend a lot of time in the Modern Age, at least not in warfare on that scale, so I picked up those turns thinking I could at least pound out to 1985 within an hour or so. Nope. For me, it took between two and three hours for those three turns. I have a bad eye for domination victory, but I knew we had to be close, if I could only be bothered to switch all those Indian towns to Temples instead of Mech Infantry that would arrive completed sometime in the 22nd Century.

I look forward to watching the replay, it should be a lot more exciting than relocating bombers.

Top Bottom