Discussion in 'Civ4 - Ancient Europe' started by Hornakhtyotef, Jul 9, 2014.
Yes, I already know. This is a bug, which will be changed in the next bugfix. Thx!
What are the two extra game speed options? They are both just called "special game speed". Are they functional and balanced? Are they slower than Marathon, because I like to enjoy the game on a slow game speed.
\Beyond the Sword\Mods\PieAncientEuropeV\Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml
I've just had a city which had 1 unhappy citizen for a couple of turns go into revolt (or whatever it's called) for 11 turns - the game equivalent of 55 years. I think this is far too excessive. Capping it at 3 turns seems fair. Any more and the city can be virtually wiped out for having 1 unhappy citizen for one or two turns and no time to put it right.
that's true... will check that!
Extra Speed: these settings are for included scenarios only (made by the scenario scripter himself), I think one's for First Punic War.
I have a couple of suggestions. The method for draining swamps now relies on sewers or levees. Sewers come quite early, after Construction. For levees, though, you need Aesthetics, Dithyrambs, Art, Literature, Hellenism and Coastal Improvements, all of which come later than Construction. This mostly affects Celtic civs. The Celts were certainly building levees in Roman times and I doubt they knew much about the Greek world. Can I suggest that Levee Construction be moved from being dependent on all those techs and moved to an earlier point in the tree?
The second thing also concerns swamps. On some maps there are large areas of swampland (the XL map is the most obvious). It doesn't make much sense that all you can build for hundreds of miles are turbaries. People live in swamps, and farm them. I think you should be able to build farms and villages on them as well. IMHO I think the pre-patch 4 treatment of swamps was better. I also like the old tile better for what that's worth. The new one looks out of place somehow. Just my opinion of course .
Possible bug: I attacked two merchant ships and they just disappeared rather than being captured. You don't get any money either. Is that correct?
The celts did no such terraforming as the Mesopotamian People or Romans did. That's because it comes very late. And I couldn't find something about Celtic Deich construction in earlier times.
The swamp is now a terrain (it was a feature before, like forests) that's why it looks different now. Not to put villages on there is for a good reason. the Nordic woods were not civilized as the coastal lands. lots of tribes moved south. Germania was very long a sampy land of very dense forests. this is why the Romans had no chance to conquer such a horrible country.
Trade ships: ah ok, I will have a look to create at least 2 flotsams
Trade ships are limited to 3. Because it would be an exploit to have more than 3 trade ships, you can't conquer them.
I still see the AI building forts on resources (particularly minerals) that are not within a city limit, even if it's in their own territory, which denies them the resource. It could be their only source of iron, for instance. Could a fort be made to double as a trading post, so that if they build a fort they also get the resource for trade or use? That would seem to address the problem and also be historically accurate, since forts and trading posts often went hand-in-hand anyway.
But the forts act as "city" (XML) and so they get the bonus resource. The fort needs a road. The same with the trading post.
No, it is not possible to gain 2 resource instead of 1 without SDK.
Oh, I wasn't aware they got the resource with a fort. Still learning about PAE!
It's the same in BTS. Forts act as cities. You can even use forts as canals for ships within 2 land plots (from the coast).
In the next PAE patch this will be possible with town improvements too.
Let me drop a couple of sentences.
1. Decrease the power of companion dogs by -4. It is foolish to see domestic dogs with a force greater than people with weapons or stronger than the same bear (!). To remove at all) Or leave in the form of a permanent bonus for units. +0.5 to strength / 10% to defense, dogs are vigilant guards?
2. With the trading system, and before it, are needed like the air - new varieties of resources, dyes (of which there were a huge number in different folks, but not one indigo) and the main GOLDEN products, tools (+% to construct building or improvments or + production frome farm/quary or bonus from slave) weapons(can work as with auxiliary. Allowing naked with clubs to arm in more modern weapons. Let's assume that the short sword is the base sword for everyone, with weapons becoming a more modern unit, if studied. Or, simply, the force was 4, with weapons was 5). Resources / workshops / goods = i turn to the ancient gods with a request for immortality for modmakers And ofcourse a lot warity of prices and a tough need for such products.
3. Mercenaries / Barbarians / Pillage.... can it be done so that they would appear at the far borders, with a pass of 1 turn. I consider it a great joke to have them 99.99% under the walls of the city with the right move and instant assault and ruin, space pirates are obtained . What about to remove the possibility of destroying roads !? (how can a barbarian / mercenary destroy a patched road / high-power road?) Plant shrubs, dig with an ax? Let this be a permangling action only by workers or perhaps in general no one can do this? About Pillage improvements, maybe some trait "Pilaged" - no bonus frome resource and tarrain on 4- ..turns?.
4. Roads. In addition to the cancellation of their destruction. Is it possible to make sure that the map is not covered by this spiderweb and the roads really would become a strategic advantage and an important infrastructure? Let's add bonuses from the ROAD: +1 gold to village/settlements, +1 food to farms / pastures, +1 hammer to quarry/mines (all like with rail/mines/sawmill), and +10% / + 20% of income and to culture (depending on the class of the road) in the city?
5. Buildings. Force of the Galaxy, we need tham more. In addition to workshops, leather, jewelry, etc. More monuments. I would like this: the construction of "Urban Infrastructure I, II, III" which would be a little expensive, like in hammers, and rent some amount of gold. But at the end, it would give good bonuses for every unit of the population / specialist / citizen / great person. It's like updating buildings, building materials, foundations, and just raising standards, wealth and qaullity of life. It would be cool from huts to turn the city into something developed, stone / wooden, but majestic, albeit not graphically!
6. Great Persons. They should be from an early stage, and generally more of them(real not necessarily, let there be random names sorted by culture). Remove the geometrically increasing level for the appearance of Great General. And what are some new, other bonuses from the Great People. Experience commanders and bonuses from them. This is perfectly done in the Caveman 2 Cosmos.
7. The combat system as in Caveman2Cosmos, and there will be no more situation when barely alive Wolf 0.1% defeats the divinely experienced Hunter or the Heavy cavalry...
7.1 Supplyconsumption as in Realism Invictus?
8. Line of dependence of goods in production, as in C2C and Realism Invictus.
---- Hmm, the wish list to the Creator of the Universe, dreamed of the ideal Civ
thanx scif for your suggestions, but
RI and c2c are changed with c++. I don't do that. Mainly because it's a question of time and secondary I did it also for Mac users.
I am proud that I could create a mod with all of those new features only in python! if I start c++ too, then I am able to create a completely different game. But for what? Again 1000 of hours for 100 players? no thanks. CIV IV is getting old. before I begin to program big things in c++ too, I must be jobless, get divorced and be single. Then I can produce a new game, independent of civ.
But now to your suggestions:
1. Dogs: nobody used them. now they seem to be overpowed. ok, I will decrease them a bit. But they should have their reason otherwise nobody needs it and it would be a waste to have them in. But: they can only hit enemies to 50% of strength. That's why they must be that strong. otherwise they would die all the time like kamikaze-dogs.
2. Base unit can be upgraded by time: I don't want a detailed RPG game. It shall keep a stategic game. To many senseless RBG in CIV is off-topic.
3. Mercenaries: they form their army and get paid in your area! like partisans. guerilla tactics. otherwise they would be a normal army, when arising at the borders. (I can imagine to decrease the number of max units, 20 units are a lot, you're right!)
Not to pillage roads is a c++ thing. Standard BTS.
4. Roads: I can only give them a standard value for all plots. otherwise it's c++. And yes, roads shouldn't be cut so easy, but they can be cut the same way as rivers can be rerouted from an army.
5. Buildings. I do this with slaves in special buildings. Otherwise it's just a silly upgrade system for no reasons. I can add Forge 1-10.000 if I want, but I don't want. There is no clear reason why. And I don't want to say: my mod has more buildings than other mods. the same with units. Who says, Forge number 50 is really the last forge? I don't want to go into such a detail, because it is no city simulation game, it's a simple strategic game and I try to keep the line between: simple and lots of fun. this is the difficulty of modding
6. A Great Persons is no mass unit. Sad for c2c if they use them like this. Gaining exp when a warlord is in a stack is already implemented. without c++!
Having more fun with leaders will follow. My list todo is about 8 years old. Time is my bitter enemy.
7. I still use the BTS mechanics because this is also in c++. When PAE gets to c++, I will of course add such things like BUG and BAT mod. Better AI and such stuff.
So, PAE is stucked in python. if you ask other modders, you will find out, that there are very bad limits. I can't add everything I would like, but I try my best with this challenge.
It feels like I insulted You with something and demanded something in a rough and insolent manner. I checked Google Translator, everything was seemingly normal \/ Strange .. but thanks for the cool mod! And I wish You success in all other projects or in vital life, pie_at
Just about building.. I had in mind, a kind of workshop, tanneries, dyers, weaving, weapons, which produce unique goods from certain nationalities. As well as slightly increase the variety of resources. To revive the trade and, if possible, push A.I. to their construction or trade / conquest for the necessary resources. Every couple of turns I add the city to A.I., improve the infrastructure, or give a great personality, through the editor, because he ugly but its annoying. By the way, about the personalities, how did we get out of the dugouts? Is it not for the mediocre people, philosophers, military leaders? I'm not talking about the rain of them, but about the appearance in general, as such, and not at the middle of the end of the game. After all, who built the Pyramids the same, etc.? It's just that the economy is weak, and wielded inflation generally cuts the gameplay and expansion of territories by the middle of the game. A.I. almost does not expand, only "every turns" begs "Help with the war!". Annoying to respond - NO, No! Well no! No, seriously - no! Nooo Please, i dont do this!
Okay, I dont beg and dont demand for anything! This is purely a sentence in the ear! Good luck to you Pie!
thx, no you had some good intentions and it wasn't rough.
But I don't want to get the mod bigger. I want to have quality instead of quantity. Only one hoplite. And not a light hoplite, normal hoplite, heavy hoplite, very heavy hoplite and so on. Besides, because I mentioned hoplite: I will add a ranking system to the Greeks in time. so you'll have different hoplites, but you can still create only one normal hoplite.
I am just limited to modding: on the one hand because of its python reference (so that MAC users can play this mod) and on the other hand cause of time. And time is the main reason why I want to finish my todo list first and fix bugs, improve features that are already in. Lots of your suggestions are not compatible without c++, so that's why I can't add those things in the next few years.
I am fully understand you now! Just wrought my suggestions) Only quality!
...Just finish some my modifications with terraforming here and there and so on, in PAE Europe XL 40civ+city MAP ... And just leave it here Maybe someone will be interested.
ya hey the AI. The AI is stupid. This is a fact that concerns all civ games. And the only way to solve this, is the way to c++. so that's why it will happen - not soon but ..... I don't know when - where I will add a dll file with the Better AI, BUG, BAT and all good AI calculation mods into PAE. No worries about this. But keep turning a blind eye to PAE when playing
At all, not everything is lost! I can only wish all the best, a lot of time and a lot of inspiration!
about your europe XL PLUS: what's the difference to the other europe XL 40 map?
edit: ok, I see, more swamps or so.
is it better than the older one now?
Open and you'll see everything at once!) Joking Extend "Germany / Poland / " - they were severely narrowed. More real Tavrica. A little more space to the Scythians. Raised the "Czech" Mountains" with their abundance of silver, placed salt deposits all around the map (ofcourse real, not deep mined), increased the importance of the Nile Delta and .. a little there, a little here .. Seem forgot bring salt to Jews... well, that's alright, they will find a way out But map realy need more grapes, olive oil and horse... I didnt studied this question, whether thats all was cultivated in the Adriatic or migrated from Asia..hmm .. time to google.
Yep.. need grapes to Egypt, Livan, "Kaukaz" ..frome there cultivate all around) But horse..hmm..on gameplay, A.I. doesnt overtake the herd and therefore to get the horses further small Asia (towards Europe). Is a difficult task, for A.I. or for player (Celt\Iber\even Roman) to take hord of horse, generally - impracticable. But how good,that horse-breeders, went around the Adriatic and on the boundless steppes, Sarmatians, Scythians, and then the Dacian (Sarmato-Gets) drove the horses to Europe, besides the way from Asia = herd to Scif. Do this tomorrow and update....swamp))
For me absolutly, for reality - abs!!! But for players - i dont know)
Separate names with a comma.