1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions and requests

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Leoreth

Leoreth Prince of Blood Moderator

I think Greece's historical respawn is already covered by the usual Nationalism mechanic. I don't plan giving it a late UHV currently.

2. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

I would also realy like to see a west and east german division.

3. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

Could Viking cities come with harbours? I'm surprised a seafaring group like the Vikings doesn't come with harbours.

Could the Arabs start with Viceroyalty civic? They have the tech requirement

4. Leoreth

The free buildings are tied to starting eras, will check if I can do that without breaking anything else.

And currently it's the general principle that nobody starts with any civics out of the stability column.

5. civ_king

Why shouldn't they be able to start with civics from the stability column? Why don't we get them

6. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

There effectively already is a Greek respawn, just that the date varies.

edit: :lol:, crossposted. i didn't read this page before posting.

7. keli

keli Prince

Last day I was playing as France, invading Germany. Everything went better than expected then I understood why. There was a huge stack, about 20 units, near German Greece and they did nothing, just stood there as I captured Hamburg, Vienna and another city near the Adriatic sea.

I just read the changelog of the new RFC:E beta 13, and noticed this new bug fix: "- Hopefully we finally managed to fix the huge do-nothing stacks bug". Could this be incorporated to DoC? Of course with the agreement of the RFC:E devs.

8. Leoreth

Sure - I'll contact them to ask about the reason and their permission to use the fix.

9. civ_king

I believe it was removing the thing that made stacks of 10 or more be incapable of pathfinding.

10. Leoreth

Oh, good, that was annoying anyways.

11. civ_king

Could we have an urban combat line of promotions with a 10/15/20 progression and first strike on the first one? Plus having villages and towns act as cities for combat purposes. Needs moar urban combat.

12. MuppyP

MuppyP Chieftain

Named UHV's, like in RFCE would be very cool :)

13. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

Maybe creating bulgaria so that byzantium wont expand so much in arabia and have more problems and to keep germans for going to the balkans.

14. Qiu

Qiu Warlord

I found playing as the Greeks is a little tough... The new UHV of Alexander conquest is rather challenging. I usually conquered Phoenicia early, but heavily depressed by foreign culture... So is it possible to give them a hidden weaker version of the Turks UP? For example convert 30% of local population to Greek culture after a conquest. I think it is historical, just as the dawn of man said: "spreading their culture all round the known world, by both war and philosophy".

15. Spritz

Spritz Chieftain

Conquest UHV requirement is not that hard actualy as long as you take egypt first.
    Greece is already too strong in my opinion btw

16. Lansa

Lansa Chieftain

As newbie i have also one suggestion :)

I would suggest to separate the Holy Roman Empire and Germany, each with its own UP, UHV's etc. Similar to ancient Rome and modern Italy.
    Seen in another modmod.

The Holy Roman Empire (starting year 800) with the aim of the control of Italy, the Balkans and the German countryside, to produce a certain number of great personalities and never lose a city to France, Russia, Vikings and Germany until 1815. Or to establish Protestantism and to build his holy shrine.
    UP: The Power of Emperor> always invited to the conference and his vote counts twice

Germany (starting in 1740) with the new task until 1915 three cities in East / South-West Africa and two cities in Oceania (excluding Australia and New Zealand) to found. Besides the goal of conquering parts of Europe.

17. Leoreth

Yeah, doing that split has been on my agenda since the early days of this modmod. Soon I'll get around to actually do it ;)

18. ramz711

ramz711 Chieftain

Hate to derail the discussion, but I remember it being mentioned that Python values have to be changed to allow a player to switch civs more than once per game. Could you list that change again? Thanks!

19. Leoreth

Sure, the easiest way to do this is in RiseAndFall.py, look for "def getAlreadySwitched" and replace it and the line below it with:
    Code:
            def getAlreadySwitched( self ):
                    return False

20. jammerculture

jammerculture Prince

wow what a long and circuitous road this has been.

Leoreth you need to hire this guy, you think very much alike. I really like that HRE UP, very original.