1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions and Requests

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. narvego

narvego Chieftain

Sheep is tradable after invention of refrigeration tech, but, does human mostly eat sheeps, or does they just gathering a wool from them? Is wool need a refrigeration to trade them? Sheep are not mainly the food resource in my opinion, but they mostly have an industrial meaning (wool, of course - we can also make a cheese from their milk). But if so, they should not need a refrigeration tech to be tradable.

2. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

But wool should arguably give happiness, not health, no?

3. Panopticon

Panopticon Utilitarian

It's a classic case of complementary goods. Where there was lots of wool, there was lots of mutton. :)

In fact, wool was an industry that was already quite productive before the Industrial Era particularly around the English Channel. The big catch-up from steam power at European mills was in output from cotton and flax (linen).

4. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Shouldn't the Prussian 2nd UHV include Poland and the Netherlands? (You probably do it anyway)

5. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Historically speaking, probably Poland at least.

6. Genghis Khaiser

Genghis Khaiser Prince

In my opinion, for the sake of historical accuracy, Japan's and Prussia's 2nd UHVs should be extended to 1950, and adding regions to keep the challenge.

For example, with Japan it could be Polynesia and maybe Australia, the Tibet, or Mongolia, while with Prussia it could be Austria, Poland, the Netherlands and the Balkans.

7. Force44

Force44 Prince

For the German UHV Wouldn't having a millitary Alliance (with Netherlands, Poland and Austria suffice) suffice? Maybe in conjunction with having more production than said nations. It seems like a historical coincidence that Germany conquered the Netherlands and Denmark. If they would have had facist regimes like Italy they might have been allies of Nazi-Germany.

Besides (I think it would be more fun if) you shouldn't have to play Germany like the facist bully the way we tend to look upon Nazi-Germany these days.

8. narvego

narvego Chieftain

There were in history many of mini-plagues, limited to one, maybe two cities (regions). I wish to see something like that in RFC - a randomly plague which hit only a few cities, or spreadly from one to another city in a long period of time, but never hited more then 2-3 cities at once.

9. Ani Taneen

Ani Taneen Warlord

The mechanics of this could be quite simple. Excesive unhealthyness = mini plauge.

10. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

That's an interesting thought, because it would increase the importance of health overall which is kind of secondary right now.

11. Imp. Knoedel

I thought it was already the case that you run risk of triggering a plague if your cities are unhealthy, is that not so? Because that definitely should be a feature that's included, until the discovery of Medicine naturally.

12. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Plagues are currently entirely historical, if you have low health it only increases the chances of an existing plague to spread to your cities.

13. Imp. Knoedel

And here I was keeping my people healthy whenever I could like a sucker. Into the trash you go, toothbrush.

14. narvego

narvego Chieftain

Another suggestion -

I have never seen a settled city on islands such like Taiwan, Crete, Cyprus, Sardinia. However, these regions are very important from geopolitically point of view (especially Taiwan, also Cyprus). Maybe in RFC these islands should be settled? If not directly from an AI, maybe automatically from Independent leader after some year? Then, they can be an imporant matter of congresses (and wars).

15. Tlönitte

Tlönitte Prince

I think the silk route seems to hang around too long, I would like to see it end maybe when astronomy is prevalent or when the trading company events start to occur.

Attached Files:

16. Genghis Khaiser

Genghis Khaiser Prince

Yes. While I disagree about Cyprus because it is fine enough being represented as a tile within the nearest city, Crete, Cyprus and Taiwan do deserve a shot.

17. citis

citis Deity

Cyprus was once settled by Italians. And I see Taiwan settled from time to time.

18. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

How about each fullfilled uhv gives +2 stabilty permanent to encourage historic gameplay?

Or even more fun, if you like penalties, -2 stabilty permanent for each uhv missed! That would help out of date civs to collapse as they get -6 stability after last uhv is failed.

But this would of course restrict game play. But it would adress some power playing with Romans and Chinese. They are otherwise hard to balance between superpowers and too weak to achieve Uhvs.

19. The Green One

The Green One Chieftain

I'm playing as Russia currently in 600AD and was just wondering a bit about the Caucasus region. We have an independent Kyiv in the area, but the Caucasus region was not successfully conquered by Russia until the 19th Century, having previously been dominated by Persia and the Seljuks. For me I think the area could have a couple of Independent Cities in the area to represent this eg Yerevan and T'blisi? There always seems to be quite a gap in this region but we always end up with Merv and Samarqand appearing. It just leaves quite a hole in the area. The area was one of the major tug of wars over Orthodox and Islamic control and conflict between Turkey, Persia and Russia.

20. Genghis Khaiser

Genghis Khaiser Prince

I agree that Armenia and the Caucasus should be represented even as independent civs.

There's something else that came to my mind: wouldn't it be more appropiate if Knights are unlocked with Feudalism rather than with Guilds?