Suggestions and Requests

There's something else that came to my mind: wouldn't it be more appropiate if Knights are unlocked with Feudalism rather than with Guilds?

And require the Vassalage civic to be built? :mischief:

And requires the castle building.

That would probably only screw up the AI.

And require the Vassalage civic to be built? :mischief:

Unless we come up with a similar unit to replace the Knight, we should have that civic accelerate the production of Stables and Castles, or add extra experience for mounted units.

Speaking of which, it would also be pretty cool if that civic removed the Walls requirement for Castles.

Okay, this has stopped being cute like three times ago. It's nice that you want to advertise your mod but at this point it feels more like spamming threads that have nothing to do with it.

The Viking intro: "The scarcity of food makes the inhabitants of Scandinavia excellent sailors that rely on fishing and trade. Their home kingdoms still can’t sustain further population growth, and the Vikings have to turn to lands across the sea."

Oslo can easily grow to the size of 8 by the year 800, Stockholm a bit later. That doesn’t feel much like scarcity of food in the harsh nordic lands. I think there should be more plains and tundras in Scandinavia, for now it‘s pretty much as fertile as the rest of Europe.

Is there anywhere where we can see the complete list of research preferences for all great people (incl. great statesmen)?

The introduction of Great Statesmen probably changed that up a bit, because I introduced a new flavor that is associated with them. Some techs lost their original flavors in the process.

I'm not sure what the rules for determining the discovered tech actually are, once I know I think I can create an updated priority list.

The link in my post also provides a small explanation in discovering order.

Great Prophet:
Meditation
Polytheism
Priesthood
Monotheism
Theology
Divine Right
Mysticism
Masonry (Warlords patch & BTS)
Code of Laws
Civil Service
Monarchy
Literature
Music
Writing
Philosophy
Printing Press
Drama
Aesthetics (BTS)
Alphabet
Paper
Education
Liberalism
Calendar
Masonry (Vanilla & unpatched Warlords)
Animal Husbandry
Construction
Future Tech

From that above list you can see that if you don't have meditation a great prophet will give meditation. If you do have meditation a great prophet will try and give you polytheism. If you have meditation and polytheism then the prophet will go down the list (from top to bottom) until there is a tech you can research that the prophet can give you.

Note if you don't have prerequisites for a tech then the great person will try and give you the next tech on the list that you can get.

eg.
If I didn't have masonry and had techs meditation, polytheism, priesthood, mysticism and code of laws then a great prophet would give me civil service as monotheism requires masonry, theology require monotheism, and divine right requires theology.

eg. (from the above list)

Great Prophet:
Meditation // Have it
Polytheism // Have it
Priesthood // Have it
Monotheism // Requires masonry so isn't allowed to be researched
Theology // Requires monotheism
Divine Right // Requires theology
Mysticism // Have it
Masonry (Warlords patch & BTS) // Still playing vanilla Civ4
Code of Laws // Have it
Civil Service // Great prophet will be able to give me this
Monarchy
Literature
Music
etc.

Yeah, but it doesn't go into detail where the absolute list of priorities ultimately comes from.

Yeah, but it doesn't go into detail where the absolute list of priorities ultimately comes from.

getDiscoveryTech(UnitTypes eUnit, PlayerTypes ePlayer) in CvGameCoreUtils.cpp

The flavor of your great person is just multiplied with the flavor of each tech. It chooses the tech with the highest score.

Thanks for looking it up for me. So the priority list is just a list of techs sorted by flavor descending, then ID ascending. Looks like someone else could even dig through the tech XML and create it themselves before I find time for it :D

The Airport building does not need a radio tech now. However, I cannot imagine an airport without any radio-communication...

Another suggestion -

I have never seen a settled city on islands such like Taiwan, Crete, Cyprus, Sardinia. However, these regions are very important from geopolitically point of view (especially Taiwan, also Cyprus). Maybe in RFC these islands should be settled? If not directly from an AI, maybe automatically from Independent leader after some year? Then, they can be an imporant matter of congresses (and wars).

I just want to give you a heads up... Crete seems to be on the Arab switch list. But yeah, i often find my self giving civs a settler on these places via the map editor whenever I'm feeling OCD.

I think I'm close to nailing it as Indochina with Thailand and Cambodia co-existing:
-Removing Saigon, or moving it 1 tile north.
-Moving Angkor 1 tile southeast, changing its name to Phnom Penh some time later.
-Making the territory of both cities more abundant in food resources to prevent the crowding.

Another thing, could we have the spawn of certain civs not erase the city built there? For example, I was once playing as Holy Rome to make Prussia and the Netherlands have a better start only to find out I was wasting my time all along. I understand if Prussia erases Magdeburg, but Amsterdam and Brandenburg/Berlin? Maybe that settler should found a city somewhere else, like the Baltic Sea in Lithuania or Estonia to represent the Teutonic Knights. I would have said Prague (a historical capital of the HRE and site of the world's largest least-castle-like castle) but that would take space away from Berlin or make Prague small once it spawns.
Spoiler :
Unless we make the territory around it more abundant

Also, is there a civ diary about future civs? Because even if I know there's pretty much not being a new civ anytime, I'm interested in a probable/confirmed as not being civ list.

Well, I'd think that the best thing to do in southeast asia is to extend the eastern coast one tile east. Yes, it would look a bit distorted, but so is the rest of the map and nobody notices after a few minutes. Adding food resources (and production resources in Indonesia) would be cool as well, of course!

Also, is there a civ diary about future civs? Because even if I know there's pretty much not being a new civ anytime, I'm interested in a probable/confirmed as not being civ list.
I don't think it's a good idea to spawn too much speculation/discussion before that's really something that I can work on.

People already complain about Tibet being in the mod and that's annoying enough.

Top Bottom