1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions and Requests

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

I think they were once but they appeared too early then.

2. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

And require the Vassalage civic to be built? :mischief:

3. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

And requires the castle building.

That would probably only screw up the AI.

4. Genghis Khaiser

Genghis Khaiser Prince

Unless we come up with a similar unit to replace the Knight, we should have that civic accelerate the production of Stables and Castles, or add extra experience for mounted units.

Speaking of which, it would also be pretty cool if that civic removed the Walls requirement for Castles.

5. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

You mean like a Heavy Horseman? :mischief:

6. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Okay, this has stopped being cute like three times ago. It's nice that you want to advertise your mod but at this point it feels more like spamming threads that have nothing to do with it.

7. Auric

Auric Chieftain

The Viking intro: "The scarcity of food makes the inhabitants of Scandinavia excellent sailors that rely on fishing and trade. Their home kingdoms still can’t sustain further population growth, and the Vikings have to turn to lands across the sea."

Oslo can easily grow to the size of 8 by the year 800, Stockholm a bit later. That doesn’t feel much like scarcity of food in the harsh nordic lands. I think there should be more plains and tundras in Scandinavia, for now it‘s pretty much as fertile as the rest of Europe.

8. ozqar

ozqar King

Is there anywhere where we can see the complete list of research preferences for all great people (incl. great statesmen)?

9. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

Isnt that list to leftmost part of the tech tree?

10. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

11. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

The introduction of Great Statesmen probably changed that up a bit, because I introduced a new flavor that is associated with them. Some techs lost their original flavors in the process.

I'm not sure what the rules for determining the discovered tech actually are, once I know I think I can create an updated priority list.

12. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

The link in my post also provides a small explanation in discovering order.

13. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Yeah, but it doesn't go into detail where the absolute list of priorities ultimately comes from.

14. Surtur

Surtur Warlord

getDiscoveryTech(UnitTypes eUnit, PlayerTypes ePlayer) in CvGameCoreUtils.cpp

The flavor of your great person is just multiplied with the flavor of each tech. It chooses the tech with the highest score.

15. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Thanks for looking it up for me. So the priority list is just a list of techs sorted by flavor descending, then ID ascending. Looks like someone else could even dig through the tech XML and create it themselves before I find time for it :D

16. narvego

narvego Chieftain

The Airport building does not need a radio tech now. However, I cannot imagine an airport without any radio-communication...

17. Ani Taneen

Ani Taneen Warlord

I just want to give you a heads up... Crete seems to be on the Arab switch list. But yeah, i often find my self giving civs a settler on these places via the map editor whenever I'm feeling OCD.

18. Genghis Khaiser

Genghis Khaiser Prince

I think I'm close to nailing it as Indochina with Thailand and Cambodia co-existing:
    -Removing Saigon, or moving it 1 tile north.
    -Moving Angkor 1 tile southeast, changing its name to Phnom Penh some time later.
    -Making the territory of both cities more abundant in food resources to prevent the crowding.

Another thing, could we have the spawn of certain civs not erase the city built there? For example, I was once playing as Holy Rome to make Prussia and the Netherlands have a better start only to find out I was wasting my time all along. I understand if Prussia erases Magdeburg, but Amsterdam and Brandenburg/Berlin? Maybe that settler should found a city somewhere else, like the Baltic Sea in Lithuania or Estonia to represent the Teutonic Knights. I would have said Prague (a historical capital of the HRE and site of the world's largest least-castle-like castle) but that would take space away from Berlin or make Prague small once it spawns.
    Spoiler :
    Unless we make the territory around it more abundant

Also, is there a civ diary about future civs? Because even if I know there's pretty much not being a new civ anytime, I'm interested in a probable/confirmed as not being civ list.

19. ozqar

ozqar King

Well, I'd think that the best thing to do in southeast asia is to extend the eastern coast one tile east. Yes, it would look a bit distorted, but so is the rest of the map and nobody notices after a few minutes. Adding food resources (and production resources in Indonesia) would be cool as well, of course!

20. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I don't think it's a good idea to spawn too much speculation/discussion before that's really something that I can work on.

People already complain about Tibet being in the mod and that's annoying enough.