Suggestions and Requests

Yeah, there is probably some general tech speed balancing to be done as well.

Oh, right, I forgot to mention -- perhaps the same context-sensitive starting tech treatment ought to be applied to Byzantium as well. It's not uncommon for them to be 5+ techs ahead of Rome right from the get-go...which is just very silly for obvious reasons. ;)

Okay, I've fixed the Zoroastrian bug so the new art is ready to merge.
Good, will come later today.

Oh, right, I forgot to mention -- perhaps the same context-sensitive starting tech treatment ought to be applied to Byzantium as well. It's not uncommon for them to be 5+ techs ahead of Rome right from the get-go...which is just very silly for obvious reasons. ;)
Yeah as I said, once a system is in place it might just as well apply to everyone.

RFCE removed the free barb wins to good results. Considered to do the same, Leoreth?

They did remove them outright?

Yes. There was some barbarian tweaking needed but not much.

This might take care of that chinese warrior world explorer as well! :)

Come to think of it, for everything but Heir that is probably a reasonable course of action.

But my free victories against those rotten Nubians...:(

(Just kidding. It's always seemed suspiciously gamey in my eyes, especially since IIRC it applies to Privateers as well.)

Interestingly, the free wins are a feature in the base game XML, which implies they were originally part of the game but Firaxis came to the same conclusion.

Interestingly, the free wins are a feature in the base game XML, which implies they were originally part of the game but Firaxis came to the same conclusion.

If I understood well, you're implying that they're not part of the game (i.e. BTS) currently? Because they are.

Oh really? I never knew.

Yes, depending on difficulty in BtS you can get up to 4 free wins against barbarians I think.

Are these new buttons okay? These buttons appear when no one has founded the religion currently they just show the default tech button. Islam can use the BTS button.

Attachments

• Mathematics_Confucianism.png
    Mathematics_Confucianism.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 225
  • Calender_Taoism.png
    Calender_Taoism.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 250
  • Monotheism_Zoroastrianism.png
    Monotheism_Zoroastrianism.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 262
  • Theology_Orthodoxy.png
    Theology_Orthodoxy.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 224
  • Meditation_Hindusim.png
    Meditation_Hindusim.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 205
Isn't this feature disabled? With there being several religions without tech prereq it's sort of inconsistent.

Isn't this feature disabled? With there being several religions without tech prereq it's sort of inconsistent.

It's active but instead of linking to the religious tech button it links to the standard button. I have always liked the feature and the buttons only take a few minutes to make.

I prefer it the way it is, with keeping the standard button in all cases.

After reading the discussion on the civilization balance thread I'd like to pose civil war/rebellion as a solution for Russian overpoweredness.

China and Russia both had their fair share of rebellions/civil wars that almost brought the empire down.

Gamewise a civil war kills two birds with one stone as both the military power (through loss of units) and economic power (by the (re)capture of cities) suffer a severe setback.

Although this solution might best be fully implemented after the completion of the minor civs component to give the rebels some flavour (eg. the Russian Whites and the Chinese warlords)

So while I was fighting a mutual struggle against the Ottomans with Arabia and was thinking, is there any possible scope for donations or some sort of military support possibly from Friendly nations or those with a defencive pact? It mean like it would be possible to review your allies' units and ask "could you spare this for a friend" or possibly purchase them. I know the mercenary mechanic has changed between RFC and DoC, but maybe this is an option? I was thinking about when I was Harappa and how much I needed spearman for example. It might cost a lot of gold but it would have helped for example. So long as it is not completely broken.

Played a game as Carthage to try out the new religion changes and noticed a couple things. First, the second Carthage UHV didn't trigger and I tried going back dozens of turns to replay to that point in time and still got an error message on the turn it was supposed to trigger. On the topic of religion, Orthodoxy was founded in Southern Egypt which led to my city of Gebal being the first city in an eligible empire to have Orthodoxy spread to it. The result was that Catholicism was founded in Gebal. I would think that you would want the religion to be founded in the capital of the civilization that fits the criteria given rather than the city to which orthodoxy spreads. This would make the actual path of history possible within the framework of the game and especially given the new religion spread mechanics would improve Catholicism's coverage of Europe.

Something that could represent the many civil wars and dynastic successions in China would be to periodically, and especially when stability is low, demand the player to change their capital to some other city in their core area than the actual. Building palaces requires a hammer investment and would represent the changes of capital throughout Chinese history, refusing to build the new palace could mean troops desertion, loss of production or commerce, etc.

Top Bottom