1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions and Requests

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. ozqar

ozqar King

Playing as the Mayan (latest released version, not the Git), I find that after razing Dani Baa the plot with the stones remains culturally "native", and then I can't access the stones (I even tried adding the tile to my territory with the WB, but it reverts after a turn). I don't want to keep Dani Baa as it would blip to the Aztecs (or be autorazed?), thus if this is unintended, it should be changed; but if it's intended I don't understand the rationale - why would this be set in this way?

2. Leoreth

Leoreth Friend Next Door Moderator

No, it's not intended. This seems to be a bug in the culture coverage mechanism (coverage isn't completely reverted when the city is removed). I have observed this a couple of times but never came across a scenario that produced this, if you can share a save from before the conquest with me that would help clue me in.

3. Publicola

Publicola Prince

Perhaps we could instead say that Totalitarianism allows you to use Spies to act 'against' your own cities? We'd need to pair it with generating positive uses for espionage -- like 'end city revolt' or 'remove % of foreign culture'. That way, you wouldn't need a new unit for internal 'secret police' but could just co-opt the existing spy mechanics.

You could also boost spies in general by giving those stationed in your own cities a chance of seeing enemy spies. This could allow them to be attacked by your normal units (though spies would have a very high chance of withdrawal, which would cause them to disappear again). You could also pair it with a new spy action of 'cause foreign spy to defect' (gain a free spy + free :espionage: espionage against that civ).

4. hnrysml

hnrysml Warlord

I don't think Dani Baa is actually in the Aztec flip zone

5. Auric

Auric Chieftain

Is there a way how to make a building unique for one civilization? It's kind of odd when the AI builds the Colloseum in China.

6. Leoreth

Doesn't that apply to every wonder, or at least most? The whole deal with wonders is having competition about building them, so restricting access seems weird.

But technically, you could make a Roman UB for the Colosseum that is buildable while the base building isn't.

7. Auric

Auric Chieftain

Sure. I just thought I would be good to have that option in case somebody wants to have more historical accuracy in the game. Is there something like <PrereqCiv> working for buildings?

Another question. Is it possible to make the Celts playable? To me it seems everything is ready for them in the CIV4CivilizationInfos file.

8. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Someone did once create a modcomp which forbids wonders to be build by ahistorical civs.
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...nked-with-civilization-for-doc-v-1-12.534716/

To make a civ playable, see this thread.
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/guide-adding-a-civilization-to-doc-updated.561840/

9. Leoreth

Unfortunately not, you can control accessible buildings for civilisations only in the CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml file, where you can replace the default building with either a unique building or NONE to remove access to this building (see e.g. barbarians).

As merijn said, in RFC/DoC more needs to be done to make a civ playable than to edit that XML file. It's true that this part is basically ready, for the other steps read the guide.

10. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Simperator Knoedel

I recently plagiarized got inspired by a mechanic of the Planetfall mod which triggers Golden Ages based on culture production and have successfully merged it into my modmod. Would you per chance be interested in it for the main mod?

11. Leoreth

No, I think Golden Ages are already too frequent right now.

12. Imp. Knoedel

What about using that mechanic as some civ's Unique Power?

13. Leoreth

If there is one where it fits? It's a bit too much extra rules and interface work for a UP in my taste though.

14. Imp. Knoedel

Well it was only part of one faction's trait in the Planetfall mod to begin with.

15. Leoreth

Well Alpha Centauri had more pronounced differences between factions anyway.

16. Imp. Knoedel

Idea: How about renaming the Guerrilla promotion line to something like Mountaineer, removing all terrain independent effects (like extra Withdrawal rate, first strikes etc.) from it and the Woodsman line, and adding a new Guerilla promotion line which grants extra withdrawal chance and first strikes, available to Melee, Gunpowder and Archery?

17. Rafaelito

Rafaelito Chieftain

Hello, guys.
    I have just downloaded the GIt version, but i realized that there is no blue marble style and also the personalized units for each faction.
    How do i change it?

18. Leoreth

You can still download the additional modules as standalone, if you scroll down in the welcome thread there are links to download them as git repo or zip archive next to their description. Afterwards, in principle you can copy them into the main mod directory.

I don't recommend this for the culture specific unit art (aka VD), because I cannot guarantee compatibility with the git version, and it might updating the git repo impossible (I haven't tested that in a while however). But it should work for the rest.

19. Rafaelito

Rafaelito Chieftain

Leoreth,

Before i readed there, i did a mistake: installed the git version and copied the "asset" fyle from the normal mod and saved in the git, which has given a error and so i deleted the file.
    Now i can´t download it anymore and do as you instructed.

How to download it now?
    the Downloading box frozen at this stage:
    POST git-upload-pack (gzip 1701 to 889 bytes)
    remote: Counting objects: 36494, done.
    remote: Compressing objects: 100% (58/58), done.
    Receiving objects: 10% (3817/36494), 92.27 MiB | 0 bytes/s

20. Leoreth

What happens if you abort the download, and then do another git pull (through the right click context menu)?