Suggestions and Requests

New great statesman ability: Mend Relationship with another civilization. Effect: perform at the civ's capital, erase all negative historic attitude modifiers, which include bad past events, DOW, DOW on friends, refusal to requests etc..
Maybe instead a large bonus modifier instead of removing negative attitude modifiers. I don't think a good ambassador can make a nation forget about problems, but they can make other nations more friendly and forgiving. I'd also say that instead of requiring it to be in the capital, perhaps it could give higher bonuses for the territory type, with foreign core giving the fewest bonuses, core giving the highest, and colonies halving the bonus while capital overriding with the highest possible. This way it's best to do it in the capital, but you still have the choice of doing it elsewhere.

Perhaps the bonus could also spread in smaller amounts to allies of the target nation, allowing players to mend small hiccups with multiple nations in a single bound. I can imagine this would be useful when you have a bunch of nations teetering just off friendly, and one that's friendly with all of them teetering just off annoyed. You could fix your issue with the annoyed civ and top off onto friendly with the others in one go.

Maybe instead a large bonus modifier instead of removing negative attitude modifiers. I don't think a good ambassador can make a nation forget about problems, but they can make other nations more friendly and forgiving. I'd also say that instead of requiring it to be in the capital, perhaps it could give higher bonuses for the territory type, with foreign core giving the fewest bonuses, core giving the highest, and colonies halving the bonus while capital overriding with the highest possible. This way it's best to do it in the capital, but you still have the choice of doing it elsewhere.

Perhaps the bonus could also spread in smaller amounts to allies of the target nation, allowing players to mend small hiccups with multiple nations in a single bound. I can imagine this would be useful when you have a bunch of nations teetering just off friendly, and one that's friendly with all of them teetering just off annoyed. You could fix your issue with the annoyed civ and top off onto friendly with the others in one go.
Well I was inspired during a Russia game where I experienced a diplomatic crisis and received a -4 attitude modifier from the Vikings, moreover I had to declare war on them twice because the first time in the middle of the war they got vassalized by the Turks. The total -10 attitude penalty(not to count -1 first impression and some DOW on friends penalties) made it beyond salvation to have them as vassal for the 3rd UHV goal. So I started thinking, if only there's a way...

Well I was inspired during a Russia game where I experienced a diplomatic crisis and received a -4 attitude modifier from the Vikings, moreover I had to declare war on them twice because the first time in the middle of the war they got vassalized by the Turks. The total -10 attitude penalty(not to count -1 first impression and some DOW on friends penalties) made it beyond salvation to have them as vassal for the 3rd UHV goal. So I started thinking, if only there's a way...
True, but would a large diplo bonus not do about the same thing? Maybe not as well, but I'd imagine my way, while it would take some extra coding would more than make up for it in tactical diversity.

Statesmen already have the most possible actions in the game, I don't really want to add another one.

Statesmen already have the most possible actions in the game, I don't really want to add another one.

Perhaps reinstating embassies or making a unit similar to Civ 5's diplomacy mechanic? National unit available once learning the Democracy tech, 'Diplomat's are available, limit of 1-3. Action: Diplomatic Mission, slight boost to relations with target civ, must be used in a capital. Bonus doubled with Civs running at least 3 civics identical to owner of the diplomat. Additional effect for Multilateralism: Diplomats do not require OBs to operate. Wars would erase diplomatic actions.

I suggest to add to Spanish starting army crossbowmen instead of longbowmen (for player), which are now pretty useless in defending cities and there are no really targets (all conquerable target cities are on the plains, like Lisbon, Barcelona, Cordoba).

Hi everybody.
Don't know if already suggested. It's a long time since a played This mod. I started again some week ago :)
If possible, could player decide to liberate a group of city (foreign core) and the new cub became automatically his vassal?

I.e. As Spain I conquer France, Germany and Italy, but I start having Shaky stability so I can release Indi city in Italy so Italian Civ rise again but as my vassal...

In a lot of Games I m not able to vassalize enemy because they collapse or they even don't exist.

Thanx for reading.
Great Mod !

Hi everybody.
Don't know if already suggested. It's a long time since a played This mod. I started again some week ago :)
If possible, could player decide to liberate a group of city (foreign core) and the new cub became automatically his vassal?

I.e. As Spain I conquer France, Germany and Italy, but I start having Shaky stability so I can release Indi city in Italy so Italian Civ rise again but as my vassal...

In a lot of Games I m not able to vassalize enemy because they collapse or they even don't exist.

Thanx for reading.
Great Mod !
That's actually a really cool idea. Not sure how good it is gameplay balance wise, but I love the flavor of giving a nationality it's core back. Is there any historical precedence for this?

Hi everybody.

Thanx for reading.
Great Mod !
You get some attitude bonus for released civilization, that's it.

If you want to vassalize them you can conquer them 10 turns after liberating their cities, just remember to leave them a core city so they don't collapse.

The effect is going to change, but not before 1.15.

There are still massive problems with unit balance. Currently lancer is OP, even after firearms witch should change face of warfare, you still build mostly lancers. Combination of 10:strength: and 2:move: with access to stables is just that potent.
From light cavalry only horse archer is OK rest basically can be ignored +25% open terrain bonus doesn't recompense low base :strength:.
Arquebus is worse in every way than lancer, for only 10:hammers: more I get +1:strength: and :move:. It's also much earlier and has access to stables. Currently I only build arqebus sometimes as city defender in border settlements.
Spear and heavy spear have to low :strength: to use them as anything but anti barbarian or stack defence roles.

With the research of Nationalism by either master or vassal, would it be possible to have a negative stability and/or happiness hit, moderate for master and severe for vassal, as well as an increased possibility of vassals breaking off, nations declaring independence (if this isn't already the case), and cities becoming independent?

With the research of Nationalism by either master or vassal, would it be possible to have a negative stability and/or happiness hit, moderate for master and severe for vassal, as well as an increased possibility of vassals breaking off, nations declaring independence (if this isn't already the case), and cities becoming independent?
Not sure whether you intend to collapse the vassal or its master by destablizing them both. I'd question why you'd even want to do it in the first place. Collapsed civs -> independent cities = up for grab. So are you promoting direct control instead of vassalization?

Huh, this led me to an interesting idea ... maybe vassal instability should lead to their independence instead (probably while losing all cities except their core).

I have seen screenshots, I think there is too little contrast with Russia.

I was looking at the leaderhead database and found that there is a John A. Macdonald who looks way superior to the current one. The current one doesn't look that much like the actual Macdonald, and his hair is weird, and I cringe whenever I interact with Canada. Can we change it?

Yes please.

Top Bottom