1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions and Requests

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Theology?

2. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Yeah, that also founds Islam, it would make sense for them to outright get their shrine.

3. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

I just double checked the Pedia -- neither Combined Arms nor Logistic show any Great General! So I am pretty sure you missed him out.

Looking at Ethiopian game I am thinking maybe Law is the better place for Great Prophet?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  4. Steb

Steb King

Wouldn't it be a bit lame if the free prophet was always obtained by the same civ? I think Doctrine would be a better pick, as it doesn't found a religion and no civ starts with it before (I think) Italy.

There is no tech that gives a Great General currently. Logistics would work, but I think a more interesting choice would be Generalship or maybe Power Projection.

1SDAN, ales_, Publicola and 1 other person like this.
  5. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

How long does excommunication last in current version? I have a feeling it is forever, which is not very realistic. Maybe until the next Papal elections?

1SDAN likes this.
  6. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

In the present form, collapsing neighbors and unstable vassals create numerous problems which are bad for gameplay and are not very realistic.

1. Penalties are too strong. Even in case with expansion stability calculations -- there is a room for some tolerance before effects kick in. But just one "rotten" and otherwise inconsequential neighbor can affect you very badly. It is almost pushing you to destroy them so you don't feel effects of their collapsing.

2. Sometimes vassals are your neighbors and I have strong feeling that in that case same civ affects your modifiers twice: one time as neighbor and also as an unstable vassal.

3. On the map this mechanics works with domino effect: becoming unstable one civ triggers her neighbor to become unstable and then it affects human player.

4. Yes, in real world troubles with neighbors do affect internal stability but it all depends on the given historical situation more than on direct proximity. During the Mexican revolution in 1910 - 1919 USA was enjoying great stability and was affected by far away WW1 much more.

I respectfully petition to nerf the effects of collapsing neighbors (some of them like Bysantium can "be collapsing" for many turns but never actually collapse). Perhaps this can be replace with "overall affairs in the known world" modifier. As far as vassals are concerned -- main factor must be anti-master sentiment, with calculations not only based on diplo modifiers but rather on amount of angry and unhealthy citizens in those vassal civs. There has to be some grand total adding how rulling elite of vassal Leader feels about master civ with actual condition of vassalized people.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  7. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

That's a fair point. I will make a note of your post for when I balance stability.

Cosmos1985, 1SDAN and Tigranes like this.
  8. bartdanr

bartdanr Chieftain

I hope this is the right thread:

One tiny suggestion: no Aluminum resource is found in what is now Guinea in West Africa, but in the real world it is one of the richest counties in bauxite deposits. Indeed, finding aluminum is a bit difficult for African and Middle Eastern Civs...and having one here would be more realistic and less frustrating for late game Civs in this area.

9. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Agreed. I haven't given resource distribution much thought over the years.

10. Rodnok

Rodnok Prince

Just when reading this answer I must say I applaud you. Still working on this mod over the years. I played other mods for civ4 (long time dead Legends of Revolution) and discovered the entire Rhye's in September this year and quickly loved this one, still surprised it is so great and active.
    ok, back to topic :)

and a big THANK YOU of course!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  11. Royal Tenenbaum

Royal Tenenbaum Exiled

Uranium placement is atrocious.

12. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

That is neither a suggestion nor a request, is it though.

13. Vekkimaster

Vekkimaster Warlord

To add to this, nowadays it is a known fact that Finland has one of the richest gold resourches in Europe. So it would be right to add some gold there espesially in Lappland.

1SDAN likes this.
  14. Darnokthemage

Darnokthemage Chieftain

Sweden is also really rich in gold and other metals, so a gold resource on the northern Swedish coast would be great.

1SDAN likes this.
  15. Vekkimaster

Vekkimaster Warlord

To add some historical info about resourches that lack from the mod's world map, but shoud definitely be there is the gold mine of Las Médulas in Spain (see the link). It was the most important Roman time gold mine in its empire. Like elephants in North Africa region, it also could become obsolete in time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Las_Médulas

Publicola and 1SDAN like this.
  16. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

I know that location for the Congresses is chosen randomly and only there for a flavor, with no practical implications for the host nation. However it would be nice to have randomly chosen host to be able to submit 2 different requests -- one time before everyone else and one time at the very end. Sometimes human player can be the lucky host and it will enhance Congress intrigue and in case of France, for example, it can actually help with using their UP to achieve their UHV. Because French game ends in 1800 they only see 1 Congress -- not much use for their UP.

17. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I like the idea, but the order of choices actually has no impact on the outcome. All selections are locked in and then evaluated at the end together with all others. Also letting a player choose/vote twice would require rewriting the entire code, it's all based on the one participant, one vote assumption.

18. cmakk1012

cmakk1012 Prince

Is there any chance something could be introduced to help you assist your vassals’ stability or would that be delving into code? A lot of times it feels like vassalizing a civ puts them on a timer until they collapse and it would be nice if there were some way to combat that. Heck, even if there was a “Soviet solution” where you roll your army in to your vassal to boost stability it could help...

19. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I plan to address stability issues before release.

cmakk1012 likes this.
  20. Jarlaxe Baenre

Jarlaxe Baenre Emperor

In another thread, the pointlessness of the Chinese and Maya UPs was mentioned. The Chinese one at least rewards innovation. The Maya one doesn't really affect anything, since it's just a faster tech rate for an era—which is already considered with civ-specific modifiers.

Perhaps their excess health could contribute to their food production, a lá Cordoba in RFCE? It could represent their plumbing and urban gardens.

Cosmos1985 and 1SDAN like this.