1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions and Requests

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. hnrysml

hnrysml Warlord

I don't see what the whole problem of losing cities to respawns is, that seems perfectly fine to me, just wait 10 turns and reconquer the cities you want to keep

2. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Problem is that conquering destroys buildings and interrupts construction. Sure you can just not build important things in those cities, but there's no list of respawns or respawn zones without going into worldbuilder and looking at the flip zone of the specific civ and then looking at the respawn times in the code. I'd rather there be a flipzone filter ingame and not in WB for ease of access and a list of respawn times in each civ's civopedia.

GoodHunter likes this.
  3. Steb

Steb King

The U.N. rarely elects anyone, because many civilizations prefer to abstain and therefore no candidate reaches the threshold. I suggest making the election require a simple majority with no threshold.

To make things more exciting, I also suggest having 3 candidates instead of two.

4. KeeperOT7Keys

KeeperOT7Keys did nothing wrong

Maybe the game should have a dynamic stability bias for each region in the game that can affect all civilizations in the region. Recently independent places, places that are recently conquered by a foreign power etc. should have a "turbulence" point. For example Iraq would be an example in our current world, regardless of who controls it it's an unstable place even to its own government.

This way we can discourage player to repress independence events, because repressing them would only cause more instability, thus a respawn loop. Player would be discouraged to conquer it until both the place and his empire becomes highly stable again. And probably wouldn't wait for the same place again till it gets stable.

Current culture related stability hits already kind of achieves that, but it's very easy to counter them by player in my opinion.
    Also sudden culture changes during conquests and independence movements is somewhat a weak point in the design.

5. Vekkimaster

Vekkimaster Warlord

I'm confused :confused:

Once again Turkey respawned while Iran collapsed. I'm still very solid as Roman. How come this time NONE of my cities flipped to Turks?? Russia lost its cities. For a common man these different types of respawning are unlogical.

upload_2017-12-9_19-37-17.png

1SDAN likes this.
  6. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Can we please get an island feature in Mediterranean to represent Malta? Very glorious island indeed, which successfully resisted both Ottomans and Axis.

Imp. Knoedel and 1SDAN like this.
  7. Darnokthemage

Darnokthemage Chieftain

a island tile that you can place improvements on but not cities would be really good, medium islands like rhodos would work well as them

Royal Tenenbaum and 1SDAN like this.
  8. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

We have "Bribe Worker" Espionage mission but instead we should have Bribe Unit. Because spies always look for renegades, even in besieged cities, and when successful -- defected unit can ruin the fortunes of their former masters. Bribing workers is less realistic and has no strategic value important enough to waste espionage points and risk spy detection.

hnrysml and 1SDAN like this.
  9. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

10. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Wow, never heard of that and I was born in USSR!

But moving on. Out of all the civs proposed to be playable -- one of the most worth candidate is Muslim Egypt. Just like Persia -- > Iran, we can have Ancient Egypt -- >Muslim Egypt for 600 AD start, to represent mighty Fatimids/Ayyubids/Mamelukes. Starting at war with Arabia would be a very natural thing for Fatimid Egypt. Waging crusade against them and UHV involving Jerusalem and defeating Mongols can also be interesting. They appear as AI only civ anyway, so making them human controlled cannot be too difficult. But what would Leoreth say?

11. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I don't want to replicate how Iran is implemented because it is very cumbersome and time consuming. As usual, the answer is that is has to wait until the Rise and Fall rewrite.

Publicola and 1SDAN like this.
  12. Rodnok

Rodnok Prince

Just wishing Iran would be playable in 600 AD scenario. 1700 AD start is pretty advanced and you have just 45 turns (epic speed) for the culture UHV. In fact, their golden age happened in 17th century.

13. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

But Iran is playable for 600 AD start! You spawn in 1500.

ales_ likes this.
  14. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Right, the only thing that doesn't work is autoplay, which once again is because of Iran currently spawns, and one of the reason why I want to change and not extend it to other things.

15. Rodnok

Rodnok Prince

But I dont see Iran/Persia in the list of civs. Oh, so this means taking another (distant) civ close to 1500 AD and then picking Iran when it spawns?

16. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Correct, that is currently the only way to take control of Iran in the 600 AD scenario. For example, start a game as Congo and play a couple of turns until Iran spawns.

17. Rodnok

Rodnok Prince

Yeah, thanks, Congo would be the best choice with 1390 AD start.

18. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Do we have a tech that gives you free Great Prophet or Free General if you discovered them before everyone else? Every other great person, including Great Spy, is included in tech tree, except those two. Am I missing something? And if not -- can we add them please?

19. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Pretty sure either Logistics or Combined Arms gives a free great general. Suggestions for prophets?

20. Rodnok

Rodnok Prince

a true General is born in the field of war, not just invented in a lab!

1SDAN and ozqar like this.