Suggestions and Requests

The latest release is 1.15, the version currently being worked on is 1.16. Obviously development isn't complete yet, so the changelog is still mostly empty.

Southwestern Japan (Ex: Fukuoka, Kagoshima and Nagasaki) is such a terrible place for a city, unlike Kyoto or Tokyo. It has very low production compared with those two.
My suggestions would be adding an islands feature between it and Okinawa, and moving the whales to the east closer.
I'm speaking for the current map, but it could be taken in mind for the next one.

Referring to sacking cities, maybe they could even disappear if the population goes too low and there's a Town (or Village, maybe) nearby? Since I tend to play from 3000BC for different scenarios, it's always been bugging me that I keep seeing the same cities over and over. I would very much like for cities to experience pillaging and possibly natural disasters (such as earthquakes, tornadoes, tsunamis and so forth) to actually represent a city's decline and the movement of the center of power in the region to another place. The old city could transform into a village or something of this sort and the new could keep an amount of the old city's population, culture and buildings, but change its location and name.

EDIT : Additionally, I don't find it adequate for regions to become barren just because all the nearby cities have been razed and so the area doesn't de facto belong to anyone. Perhaps it's okay with harsh climate, but I think that if a core area of a civ doesn't have a single city within its range and the civ has already spawned, there should be a semi-random independent city appearing.

I just completed the UHV's for Egypt and Babylon (marathon paragon). They were a nice challenge with the new techtree and wonders.
I'd like to continue playing with another civilization after victory. Lots of civilizations haven't even spawned and I'd like to try my hand at one of those in the same game.
Maybe I can achieve an UHV two, maybe even three times with one start from 4000bc. I'd like to try that.

I request a random civ button on the civilization menu selection screen for those of us who aren't good at making decisions! I note this is available on several other mods.

It's not possible because currently DoC uses scenarios, where there is a fixed set of civs to choose from. When DoC has moved away from that I can easily add a random option.

When is better than if.

I don’t know if anybody has suggested this yet.

During my games, every 4/5 turns i check how is every city doing in terms of production, growth, economics... and i do it by swapping cities with left and right arrows from the city screen.
Besides doing this i also use a tab in the upper-right part of the user interface (can’t remember, but it should be the first one), which is basically a recap of every city.

Would it be hard to implement a way to arrange the order of the cities and/or a way to arrange them in groups?

If implemented, one could swap between cities of the same “area”, or one could arrange the order of the cities in a way that is more confortable.
This should get more and more useful for bigger empires.

Also: i tried to do something like this in the Worldbuilder, but i couldn’t find anything. Is there a way to do this already?

So you want to be able to edit the order of cities in the advisor and when tabbing through them, or also anything else?

At least it makes sense why you'd want to do that. I've made a note for it.

Could we possibly add another tier of cavalry unit that is motorized infantry or something? I was playing as the turks and ended up with a bunch of useless cavalry once I entered the modern era, it would be nice to have something they can turn into before gunships. Maybe just represented with some sort of Jeep or something.

I have a somewhat half-baked idea to suggest, but maybe it piques your interest.

In the late game, a respawning civ will typically have all the culture buildings in its cities, and regain easy control of its core area. However, its coast can be barred to it due to other nearby civs having been outputting culture there for centuries prior, so in practice they'll never regain access to its resources. An example could be China and Japan getting hold of all the Korean coast after they collapse, and Korea being unable to regain a hold in it after they resurrect.

Would it be practical or desirable for settler maps to also be able to define Coast terrain in their Core area? So that the civ can keep control of it even with only 20% culture like it does on land.

That seems sensible to me, at least we can introduce this principle with the larger map.

Is the beaker cost increase from city numbers still a thing?
I am trying to find out why my tech cost is 10000+ and others' are 2000~3000

I find it strange the you will get free railroads to every city after getting the Railroad tech, its not very historical.
It would be better that instead the cities would get the railroads from the Railway Station, or the railroads have to be built by workers.
The Public Transportation could give free highways to cities in similar manner.

The highways could also boost the city tile by giving one :commerce:.

Last edited:
So you'd be forced to build these buildings or otherwise your cities are not connected?

Top Bottom