Suggestions and Requests

Relations penalty with the owner, destroyed buildings.

The Sharifate of Mecca (arab dynamic name as a ottoman vassal) was the succesive state in the Hejaz region of the Arabian Peninsula between the fall of the Abbasid Caliphate and the Fatimid conquest of the region. Although the region was controled by sucessive foreign empires such the Fatimid Caliphate and the Mamluk Sultanate, the sharifs ruled in the region almost freely.

My suggestion is that it could fit better as both vassal and independent dynamic names during medieval and renaissance era and only when the capital is Mecca or other city in Hejaz. Other suggestion is change the dynamic name as vassals of the ottomans to Eyalet of Hejaz, but only if exists the necessity of a more appropriate name to represent ottoman suzerainty in the region.

The article you linked describes how the Ottomans exercised significant control over the Sharifate, including the nomination of the Sharif himself. That seems like a vassal relationship to me, so the name is appropriate, I'd say.

What exactly are you proposing? Tying it to the capital location in Mecca? If so, what should the generic Arab vassal name be?

In regards to Tigranes suggestion, I don't think it takes into account situations when bribery wasn't possible, or when an army was bribed but decided to attack a city anyway, or when an army or its leader had a strong ideology, such as religion, or a feud with their enemy, etc. This latter point partly explains why polities that conquered large areas, such as the Mongols, and the Umayyads, were so successful.
Perhaps all barbarian units should be bribeable, though that would necessitate a new Byzantine UU.

The article you linked describes how the Ottomans exercised significant control over the Sharifate, including the nomination of the Sharif himself. That seems like a vassal relationship to me, so the name is appropriate, I'd say.

What exactly are you proposing? Tying it to the capital location in Mecca? If so, what should the generic Arab vassal name be?

That the Sharifate of Mecca could be both vassal name and the civilization dynamic name during medieval and renaissance era, if they don't fall. That is an alternative of having the Rashidun Caliphate dynamic name again when they lose Baghdad. The capital was only a suggestion of requirement to trigger the dynamic name.

Guys, what do you think about allowing units to heal a little (worth 1 turn of idling) when they pillage improvement. Small tweak of rules -- big impact on military tactics and added realism. Red and yellow units does not just indicate depleted ranks and wounded soldiers, they indicate units low on morale, supplies and all kinds of problems. Spoils of war do have an ability to strengthen fighters.

The basic principle that we must follow in directing the armies of the Republic is this: that they must feed themselves on war at the expense of the enemy territory. (c) Napoleon

Guys, what do you think about allowing units to heal a little (worth 1 turn of idling) when they pillage improvement. Small tweak of rules -- big impact on military tactics and added realism. Red and yellow units does not just indicate depleted ranks and wounded soldiers, they indicate units low on morale, supplies and all kinds of problems. Spoils of war do have an ability to strengthen fighters.

The basic principle that we must follow in directing the armies of the Republic is this: that they must feed themselves on war at the expense of the enemy territory. (c) Napoleon

*coming out of hiding to point out that I implemented this feature in my mod*

It feels wierd that old Russian UU Cossacks have same MP as new foot UU and one less than civilians. Will not be too OP to give them 3 MP, I think. These guys were in constant contact and conflict with Steppe barbarians and learned to be as mobile as many of Light Cavalery units in this mod...

What? Werent the Strelts given 2 MP so they could move together with cavalry?

What? Werent the Strelts given 2 MP so they could move together with cavalry?
After we got Kremlin Wonder increasing civilian MP by 1 Russian settlers outrun Cossacks. No other civ has so much space to walk as Russia, so it is not so crazy. In reality we will have very real life MP ratios: infantry will move twice faster than artillery and light cavalry 1.5 times faster than infantry.

There really should be a way to conduct diplomacy with Independents. As it is, they're just like barbarians, except that they can make peace with you.

What about adding an Ambassador unit? Sending and using it on any independent city you are at peace with grants a chance of you getting OB with the said independent civ.

There really should be a way to conduct diplomacy with Independents. As it is, they're just like barbarians, except that they can make peace with you.

What about adding an Ambassador unit? Sending and using it on any independent city you are at peace with grants a chance of you getting OB with the said independent civ.

Yes it always bothered me that they exist only to fight with them. At the very least some possibility of peaceful annexation would be nice. Say, if your spy spread enough culture in their city. But we cannot even spy on them.

Lots of "Independents" joined Russian Empire relatively peacefully, for example.

After getting bothered by the AI settling the Americas in the 1300s on Marathon, I changed the tech rate for Marathon from 300 to various values.
375 is a value where colonization begins in the late 1400s and new civs start off with a slight tech advantage (rather than at par or behind).

If I remember correctly from a recent Prussian game, I wanted to promoted a few Musketmen to Fusiliers. It's the 1700 AD scenario, so in Frankfurt the Military Academy is present and I can construct units with a free Leadership promotion there. However, after upgrading the units, the Leadership promotion is gone. My suggestion therefore: can building related promotions be excluded from the rule that after upgrading promotions are lost and experience is (partially) refunded instead?

Unfortunately not, there is no way of telling where the promotion came from.

Very unaccusatory question. We have playable Persia and Iran: why is it that we don't have Ancient and playable Muslim Egypt? Egypt is the most populous country in Middle East and most populous Arab country. Fatimids, Ayyubids, Mameluks -- 3 UHVs.

Leoreth mentioned that he didn't want to represent medieval Egypt with the Egyptian civ, that might be why.

I'm guessing (I'm hoping) that this is another one of those civs on Leoreth's list for the next version. First he has to decouple civs from the limited number of slots, and we need to get the new map set up... then we go hog-wild on new civs. Not yet, though.

Anyone thinks that the 10 turn of guaranteed peace for new/resurrecting civs are too long?
I had a Japan campaign where I was attacking the Dutch East Indies,
the Dutch went unstable and released Indonesia,
and I failed the conquer goal because I couldn't DoW on them in time.
I suggest that the number of turns be halved, or be reduced at least in later eras.
It is too annoying when you have a tight conquer victory condition
and a resurrecting civ just grinds you down to a halt for 10 turns.

Also, a proposal to nerf Canada's starting techs, to put them on par with the nerfed Euro (1700AD) and Latin American civs.

Top Bottom