Suggestions and Requests

I fear that some players will abuse settling, gifting, warring, and razing if it's too powerful.

One interesting way to model the brick thing could be to make city-ruins a sort of "reverse-cottage" that yields +X production but disappears after being worked for Y turns. Perhaps the number of turns would be reliant on how many buildings were in the city at the time it became a ruins. This could give a slight incentive to raze cities the AI placed in bad spots, hopefully without being so powerful that it will offset the stability penalty from razing.

I mean ANYTHING would be more fun than nothing. I don't like features occupying map for pure cosmetic purposes. History must be .. unearthed!

You know what I'm talking about, I told you before.

Normally I like drama, but this particular play is getting old.

@Tigranes , in the future send any suggestions you have for Leoreth to me via private message, and I'll try to relay it to him more diplomatically.

Whatever makes it easiest to ignore this sort of post I guess.

You know what I'm talking about, I told you before.

I completely disagree with you picking on me and usually I handle it with humor, but not in this case. Not a single person, I repeat not a single person reading my post can see anything negative, combative, accusational or anything else you are so irked about. Just a regular ideas and request. I demand apology for your dismissive attitude, enough is enough!

I completely disagree with you picking on me and usually I handle it with humor, but not in this case. Not a single person, I repeat not a single person reading my post can see anything negative, combative, accusational or anything else you are so irked about. Just a regular ideas and request. I demand apology for your dismissive attitude, enough is enough!
Usually the issue in these sorts of scenarios isn't your initial post, but your followup posts after Leoreth states his opinion on it.

Usually the issue in these sorts of scenarios isn't your initial post, but your followup posts after Leoreth states his opinion on it.

I would also add that some of the tone and "colorful" prose you use in noting your suggestions might be the issue. In the posts in question, the very last bit is a bit much and something I could find questionable ("I can continue on and on but give us at least something, Leo!").

Your suggestions have merit and I (personally) find your ideas and suggestions welcome, but burying them in (over)-dramatic and perhaps entitled tone is the part that can get grating. I don't really want to dig back in the posts to find where this came up before (or put words in other's mouths), but I believe Leoreth had already noted that he did not enjoy this form of presenting suggestions, and ultimately he is the audience for suggestions, not the rest of the players.

Most people don't comment on the drama because you're both dramatic.

It's hard to pick out a specific line and say "that's what the problem is" because it's your overall tone.

"I can continue on and on but give us at least something, Leo!" would be what I'd choose as an example, but it's only like that in context with the rest of the comment.

It makes it sound like Leoreth has been deliberately denying us something, when in reality it's a suggestion that hasn't been made in ages.

We do not talk about "usually" right now, which I am willing to address separately. We talk about localized post

I realize Leoreth gets a royalty treatment here and we all need him to feed our civ addiction but there are limits and today they were tested.

I would also add that some of the tone and "colorful" prose you use in noting your suggestions might be the issue. In the posts in question, the very last bit is a bit much and something I could find questionable ("I can continue on and on but give us at least something, Leo!").

Your suggestions have merit and I (personally) find your ideas and suggestions welcome, but burying them in (over)-dramatic and perhaps entitled tone is the part that can get grating. I don't really want to dig back in the posts to find where this came up before (or put words in other's mouths), but I believe Leoreth had already noted that he did not enjoy this form of presenting suggestions, and ultimately he is the audience for suggestions, not the rest of the players.

Honestly, every one has his/her own way to express himself/herself and we can apply various standards there. I've been around here much much longer than you (even longer than Leo for that matter) -- and I have seen people expressing themselves in all kind of ways. I don't expect you or him to be a fan of my prose and what you see an "entitled" tone -- I see a playful tone acceptable between people who exchanged hundreds of back and forths in the period of the past 10 years. But his dismissive reaction is insulting and I am calling him out on it.

Most people don't comment on the drama because you're both dramatic.

It makes it sound like Leoreth has been deliberately denying us something, when in reality it's a suggestion that hasn't been made in ages.

Of course it is not the case. Me and him go way way back and I can never talk formally to him. The core of the issue is very simple, even if you call us both dramatic -- I was being friendly "dramatic" and he was publicly dismissive, showing animus.

I was wondering what were the locations of cities needed occupied for founding a religion.
Could this be (or is this already) made visible similar to the spawn areas of civilizations?

Religions can be found in the Core area of a religion. The WB has a screen in which you can view (and edit) the Core/Historical/Periphery areas of religions, similarly like you can change settlermaps. You can find it in the DoC maps menu of the WB.

The DoC maps menu also has an option to view flipzones.

I suppose this has more to do with BUG than DOC, but in case it piques your interest.

There's a tab in the BUG expanded domestic advisor for religious buildings, which as of now doesn't accommodate the extra religions from DOC not present in the vanilla game. Plus, it has columns for each of the religious shrines, which I'd view as unnecessary since there can only be one of those and chances are you know what cities they're in. It even has an entire column to mark the presence Cristo Redentor wonder:
Civ4ScreenShot0001.jpg

Would it be possible to remove the wonders columns and add the ones for temples, monasteries and cathedrals of the religions missing from it?

I think so, I'll look into it.

I wish leaders would switch to their favorite religion less often, especially when they already have their state religion in all their cities.
This is very annoying when you vassalize other civs, convert them to your own religion, and spread it to every single one of their cities, only to have them convert back 5 turns later.

While heavy galleys and galleasses are the dominant units in naval battles during the Middle Age, after researching Exploration they are suddenly pushed aside, untilthe Industrial Age when they are finally upgraded to Torpedo ships.
What about enabling galleasses to be upgraded to to either frigates/ship of the lines/privateers?
Or they could even be upgraded to 2 of the above units, just like caravels can be upgraded to frigates or galleons.

Galleasses are not Ocean going ships and they basically stuck around until the advent of engine powered ships.

I was going to suggest adding a gunboat ironclad that's coast-only, but then I realized there were only 15 years between such gunboats and torpedo boats IRL, and that's basically simultaneous in-game. So I guess we're stuck with galleasses until the torpedo boat tech comes along.

Top Bottom