1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions and Requests

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. TJDowling

TJDowling Prince

I don't see any changes happening to that at least until there is a new map. SE Asia is just too small on the map. On the new map it is substantially larger. It could easily accommodate Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia. Maybe even Cambodia with one city.

2. JHLee

JHLee Prince

Yeah I'm looking forward to SE Asia on the New Map

Oblivionyx likes this.
  3. TJDowling

TJDowling Prince

Speaking of Indonesia... has anyone managed to acquire 10 different happiness resources? How?

4. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Conquest and trade. Conquer Thailand, wait out the Mongol collapse, conquer China and Tibet, trade for the rest.

5. TJDowling

TJDowling Prince

Through trade counts? I haven't been able to trade any that weren't already abundantly present in Indonesia anyway. I got pretty unlucky it seems. China didn't collapse, Mongolia vassalized them. And even as a vassal they stayed a larger population. I was also hit by a prolonged plague in 1200AD which really hurt me for the population goal. I guess I'll take a more aggressive tack next time. Passive accumulation of resources and population doesn't work understandably. I mean I would have been fine on population if I hadn't got hit by the plague. You can definitely achieve the population goal with two settlements on sumatra, 1 on java, 1 on borneo, 1 on makassar and 1 in the philippines, even with China still alive.

Sorry folks, this is well outside the realm of "Suggestions and Requests".

6. JHLee

JHLee Prince

Multilateralism is very powerful in terms of output (25% of trade income added to hammer),
    But its stability penalty (-2 or -3 for every war) is also quite devastating.
    In the late game all the defensive pacts can easily lead to being constanyly at war with 3+ civs.
    The best way to avoid this penalty is NOT to be involved in any alliances (defensive pacts), which IMO kind of goes directly against what multilateralist diplomacy is supposed to be.

1SDAN and Oblivionyx like this.
  7. Oblivionyx

Oblivionyx Warlord

I think the 100% War Weariness is a deterrent so that civs don't randomly declare war on each other. Maybe the AI could be made less aggressive when they adopt Multilateralism, to represent nations trying to resolve conflicts peacefully.

8. JHLee

JHLee Prince

I'm not talking about war weariness, Im talking about the stability penalty from being at war while having Multilateralism.

9. Orbii

Orbii Warlord

'Doesn't Multilateralism's hammer bonus only apply for trade routes with defensive pacts though? So there's no way around making those alliances.

10. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

No, it applies to all trade routes.

1SDAN likes this.
  11. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Can we please assign some useful non cosmetic effect to city ruins? There can be so many cool ideas to chose from or to combine some of them together. Say, we can allow workers to resettle city ruins, providing the only alternative to city founding by settlers. We can make any building to build 50% faster for the new city which has former city's ruins in its radius, representing how bricks from older cities were used for new projects. With Museum creation a tile with city ruins can provide additional commerce. Units can loose al MP while crossing city ruins. Pillaging of city ruins can produce some unit similar to satellite and called artefact which can be brought to city in order to boost it's culture and gold production -- tourism. Building a new city on top city ruins results in one extra population point. City ruins can act like a super town in city radius. Civs with city ruins get "respect" points in Diplomatic circles. I can continue on and on but give us at least something, Leo!

12. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

I fear that some players will abuse settling, gifting, warring, and razing if it's too powerful.

One interesting way to model the brick thing could be to make city-ruins a sort of "reverse-cottage" that yields +X production but disappears after being worked for Y turns. Perhaps the number of turns would be reliant on how many buildings were in the city at the time it became a ruins. This could give a slight incentive to raze cities the AI placed in bad spots, hopefully without being so powerful that it will offset the stability penalty from razing.

13. JHLee

JHLee Prince

Civ4ScreenShot0133.JPG

With all the new Wonders, French 1st UHV goal (accumulate 25000 culture in Paris) seems quite easy.
    Maybe it would be more challenging on Emperor/Paragon. I was on Monarch.

Civ4ScreenShot0133.JPG

P.S. Louvre is an absolute monster. 105 Culture from a single wonder.

Attached Files:

14. Oblivionyx

Oblivionyx Warlord

Perhaps the culture goal can be increased.

15. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

@Tigranes. I don't talk to you when you're like this.

16. JHLee

JHLee Prince

Has anyone tried France on Emperor/Paragon after the Wonders update?

Oblivionyx likes this.
  17. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Stalin and Starlight, Stalling a Stallion

*comes out of the shadows to point out that this is already a feature in his modmod*

black213 and 1SDAN like this.
  18. Oblivionyx

Oblivionyx Warlord

I've never tried France even on lower levels, but I'm sure someone must have.

19. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Like what? :eek:

20. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Great minds think alike?

Oblivionyx likes this.