Suggestions and Requests

I just finished a game as Brazil via UHV. A couple of comments:
  1. The improvement for spices are now orchards instead of plantations. Can we reduce the required slave plantations for Brazil's UHV from 10 to 8?
  2. I played from a 1700 AD start, and I was lucky enough to encounter a still-surviving Congo that would provide me enough slaves. However, I needed to control a colony outside my home continent to be able to buy them. Perhaps the post-colonial civs (Brazil, America, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina and Canada) could be allowed to buy slaves even without a colony.

Last edited:
Since monuments have now become somewhat useless,
how about giving 1 happiness from monument to Revolutionism?
Currently Revolutionism gets 1 happiness each from News Presses and Broadcast Towers,
and they are expensive buildings.

Since monuments have now become somewhat useless,
how about giving 1 happiness from monument to Revolutionism?
Currently Revolutionism gets 1 happiness each from News Presses and Broadcast Towers,
and they are expensive buildings.

... while Monuments are extremely cheap. I'm against that particular idea, but I agree...
  • that monuments are pretty pointless now unless you want to expand your influence
  • and that despotism has become really hard to manage unless you're swimming in happiness resources. Also because the pagan temple has also had its happiness removed.
Can we maybe assign +1 happiness to "monuments in ancient/classic era" ? So the happiness is removed from monuments once the player reaches the medieval times?
Edit: Or, alternately, a monument produces a temporary +1 happiness effect for maybe 25 turns after building it? After all, even the proudest citizens eventually get used to the monumental statue.

Monuments are still prerequisites for Nat Monument and that building that gives 25% GPP... so it is kind of weird for them to be going obsolete in the Middle ages and suddenly make a comeback as a stepping stone in the late Renaissance age.
IMO Despotism having trouble with happiness is an intended thing, before the nerf there was little reason to pick Monarchy over Despotism.
Perhaps Deification, not Revolutionsim, should be the one to give happiness bonus to Monuments?

I suggest to add 30 more turns to the 2020 game over deadline. With all the new additions for late game most games have no time to explore digital era and truly modern warfare.

I suggest to add 30 more turns to the 2020 game over deadline. With all the new additions for late game most games have no time to explore digital era and truly modern warfare.

Or maybe 80. Until 2100, like that.

I just finished a game as Brazil via UHV. A couple of comments:
  1. The improvement for spices are now orchards instead of plantations. Can we reduce the required slave plantations for Brazil's UHV from 10 to 8?
  2. I played from a 1700 AD start, and I was lucky enough to encounter a still-surviving Congo that would provide me enough slaves. However, I needed to control a colony outside my home continent to be able to buy them. Perhaps the post-colonial civs (Brazil, America, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina and Canada) could be allowed to buy slaves even without a colony.
You should be able to buy slaves when running Slavery, is that not the case? If so, can you share a save?

I suppose this has more to do with BUG than DOC, but in case it piques your interest.

There's a tab in the BUG expanded domestic advisor for religious buildings, which as of now doesn't accommodate the extra religions from DOC not present in the vanilla game. Plus, it has columns for each of the religious shrines, which I'd view as unnecessary since there can only be one of those and chances are you know what cities they're in. It even has an entire column to mark the presence Cristo Redentor wonder:
View attachment 521467

Would it be possible to remove the wonders columns and add the ones for temples, monasteries and cathedrals of the religions missing from it?
I don't see the option for this, how can I access this screen?

Can the Turkic AI be programmed to settle Tabriz more often? They usually settle Rasht and I feel that it's a bit too close to Isfahan.

You should be able to buy slaves when running Slavery, is that not the case? If so, can you share a save?

In this save file, I can't buy slaves from Congo until I took over Lagos, which became my first colony.

Attachments

• get slaves.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 139
About the new HRE UHV goal, how about 'influence n votes in World Congresses'?
Or, 'return n Euro cities to their original (core) nation by diplomacy (Congress) or force (Liberation)'.

Nevermind, I'm an idiot and had no idea what the "customizable" part actually means. You can actually edit in-game what the BUG advisors show. It's like I'm rediscovering the wheel.

Also, I think I've just noticed a bug (no capitalization) with the Russian Cossack, it's replacing the Pistolier instead of the Hussar.

Going back to suggestions though, I'd propose Camel Gunners to upgrade into Gunships like Cavalry does.

Nevermind, I'm an idiot and had no idea what the "customizable" part actually means. You can actually edit in-game what the BUG advisors show. It's like I'm rediscovering the wheel.

I still think it would be a good idea to add those buildings to the tab as the default setting.

You need to enable the BUG domestic advisor first (the vanilla advisor is the default one). Open the BUG options, go to the advisor tab and select the BUG domestic advisor. (You need to restart the game before it works)

Alright, I agree. I'll update the default settings.

1) I was wondering, is it possible to have the various shrines that are preset in 600 AD be automatically built if you play a post-600 AD civ loaded from 3000 BC? It would help make the post-600 situation more normal in those games.

2) For the love of Königsberg, can we stop ancient Egypt from founding six or more little cities in Egypt? They spam useless cities that then sit there and ruin the region for the rest of the game. I’d much prefer them to only have 3 cities max.

1) Play the 600 AD scenario?
2) Won't address this before the new map.

Top Bottom