1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions and Requests

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Alexius08

Alexius08 Emperor

I just finished a game as Brazil via UHV. A couple of comments:
    1. The improvement for spices are now orchards instead of plantations. Can we reduce the required slave plantations for Brazil's UHV from 10 to 8?
    2. I played from a 1700 AD start, and I was lucky enough to encounter a still-surviving Congo that would provide me enough slaves. However, I needed to control a colony outside my home continent to be able to buy them. Perhaps the post-colonial civs (Brazil, America, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina and Canada) could be allowed to buy slaves even without a colony.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    JHLee, Oblivionyx, Leoreth and 4 others like this.
  2. JHLee

JHLee Prince

Vassalage now seems too powerful compared to Citizenship and Meritocracy,
    how about moving the 2 happiness bonus to Elective?

Bernd-das-Brot, 1SDAN and Leoreth like this.
  3. JHLee

JHLee Prince

Since monuments have now become somewhat useless,
    how about giving 1 happiness from monument to Revolutionism?
    Currently Revolutionism gets 1 happiness each from News Presses and Broadcast Towers,
    and they are expensive buildings.

4. JHLee

JHLee Prince

The Dutch spawns with 2 settlers and 2 longbows on East Indiamen.
    Since they have firearms anyway, how about changing the 2 longbows to arquebuses?

1SDAN, Enyavar and Leoreth like this.
  5. Enyavar

Enyavar Prince

... while Monuments are extremely cheap. I'm against that particular idea, but I agree...
    • that monuments are pretty pointless now unless you want to expand your influence
    • and that despotism has become really hard to manage unless you're swimming in happiness resources. Also because the pagan temple has also had its happiness removed.
    Can we maybe assign +1 happiness to "monuments in ancient/classic era" ? So the happiness is removed from monuments once the player reaches the medieval times?
    Edit: Or, alternately, a monument produces a temporary +1 happiness effect for maybe 25 turns after building it? After all, even the proudest citizens eventually get used to the monumental statue.

1SDAN, JHLee and Oblivionyx like this.
  6. JHLee

JHLee Prince

Monuments are still prerequisites for Nat Monument and that building that gives 25% GPP... so it is kind of weird for them to be going obsolete in the Middle ages and suddenly make a comeback as a stepping stone in the late Renaissance age.
    IMO Despotism having trouble with happiness is an intended thing, before the nerf there was little reason to pick Monarchy over Despotism.
    Perhaps Deification, not Revolutionsim, should be the one to give happiness bonus to Monuments?

bluepotato, Oblivionyx and 1SDAN like this.
  7. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

I suggest to add 30 more turns to the 2020 game over deadline. With all the new additions for late game most games have no time to explore digital era and truly modern warfare.

Oblivionyx likes this.
  8. Oblivionyx

Oblivionyx Warlord

But you can play past Time Victory (aka 2020 AD) no?

9. h0spitall3rz

h0spitall3rz Grand Vizier of Your Mind

Or maybe 80. Until 2100, like that.

10. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

That could prove to be too radical, but given that 2020 is the next year we will soon have no future in this game:mischief:... literally!

11. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

You should be able to buy slaves when running Slavery, is that not the case? If so, can you share a save?

12. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I don't see the option for this, how can I access this screen?

13. Oblivionyx

Oblivionyx Warlord

Can the Turkic AI be programmed to settle Tabriz more often? They usually settle Rasht and I feel that it's a bit too close to Isfahan.

14. Alexius08

Alexius08 Emperor

In this save file, I can't buy slaves from Congo until I took over Lagos, which became my first colony.

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  15. JHLee

JHLee Prince

About the new HRE UHV goal, how about 'influence n votes in World Congresses'?
    Or, 'return n Euro cities to their original (core) nation by diplomacy (Congress) or force (Liberation)'.

16. migck

migck Señor de la guerra

Nevermind, I'm an idiot and had no idea what the "customizable" part actually means. You can actually edit in-game what the BUG advisors show. It's like I'm rediscovering the wheel.

Also, I think I've just noticed a bug (no capitalization) with the Russian Cossack, it's replacing the Pistolier instead of the Hussar.

Going back to suggestions though, I'd propose Camel Gunners to upgrade into Gunships like Cavalry does.

Leoreth likes this.
  17. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I still think it would be a good idea to add those buildings to the tab as the default setting.

You need to enable the BUG domestic advisor first (the vanilla advisor is the default one). Open the BUG options, go to the advisor tab and select the BUG domestic advisor. (You need to restart the game before it works)

Leoreth likes this.
  18. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Alright, I agree. I'll update the default settings.

19. cmakk1012

cmakk1012 Prince

1) I was wondering, is it possible to have the various shrines that are preset in 600 AD be automatically built if you play a post-600 AD civ loaded from 3000 BC? It would help make the post-600 situation more normal in those games.

2) For the love of Königsberg, can we stop ancient Egypt from founding six or more little cities in Egypt? They spam useless cities that then sit there and ruin the region for the rest of the game. I’d much prefer them to only have 3 cities max.

1SDAN and Oblivionyx like this.
  20. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

1) Play the 600 AD scenario?
    2) Won't address this before the new map.

1SDAN and cmakk1012 like this.