1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions and Requests

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Lord Roanino

Lord Roanino Chieftain

If you delete a slave unit (essentially freeing the slave), the nearest city should gain some extra population.

h0spitall3rz and stillblackadder like this.
  2. borhap88

borhap88 Prince

I think that the improved survival in the last one hunded year is mainly because of the large availability of drugs thanks to pharmaceutical industrial production. We had insulin from animal pancreatic secretions to reduce high glycemia levels, salicylate from willow bark to reduce pain, a sort of immunization from inhalation of cowpox scabs, but we were unable to isolate, purify (later synthetize) and distribute pharmaceutical products all over the world.

Nowadays, drugs are one of the most valuable and vital goods and their production and distribution strongly depends on pharmaceutical industry. I suggest that we should have in game a drug resource. It could be provided by a Wonder. I propose the Institut Pasteur (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasteur_Institute#The_Institute's_opening), one of the first private foundations dedicated to medical research on infectious disease. It's also a global network of foreign institutes in many other countries.
    I.P. Requires Laboratory and Hospital. Produces 7 new resources (drugs/vaccines/antibiotics/pills?): +1 health (maybe +2 health with Public Welfare, +1 health + X gold with Free Enterprise).

Another health bonus could be provided by a generic Vaccine Project, which could be a collaborative project (quote from The Great Wonders and Projects Thread: "the benefit is only effective once enough civs build it, but then affects all of them, with a bonus for the civ to first complete it").

I couldn't come out with any building idea :\

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    trevor likes this.
  3. Gritzeldrei

Gritzeldrei Chieftain

Suggestion: 1. Make the gold on the west coast of the U.S. appear at around 1848 to simulate California Gold Rush.
    2. Have an independent city spawn at Crete at around 2800 B.C. to simulate the Minoans and have heir city turn into ruins at the same time the Greeks spawn

4. rmontaruli

rmontaruli Prince

Gold in west coast is used for Spanish UHV. All californian cities from San Diego to Sacramento were settled by spanish colonists.

Crimean Lord likes this.
  5. Gritzeldrei

Gritzeldrei Chieftain

Good point.

6. LukeAtmey

LukeAtmey Chieftain

UNESCO/World Heritage -Wonder/Project

Last night I had a dream in which I played DOC (maybe I'm playing the game too much? lol) and in the game an AI completed a Wonder called UNESCO. That got me thinking if this could be something to look at: A World Project or a Wonder that starts sort of an event like the International Congresses. In the UNESCO/World Heritage congress tho, the participants which include every Civilization around the World could propose their own Wonders to be nominated as a World Heritage Site, granting them culture, great person and commerce/gold bonuses. Maybe if the Wonders nominated link to a specific religion or civic combos, they could even grant diplomatic bonuses with other civilizations that share the same civics/religion? The Wonders available for nomination could in my opinion also include already obsolete Wonders making them somewhat useful again in latter stages of the game. Moreover I feel this would add more to the diplomatic aspect of the game, enhance the experience for Culture Victory attempts as well as offer something in general for those who enjoy building and creating culture.

Since I had this dream last night I obviously haven't had much time to completely think through this idea so it might seem a bit raw, but I'd love to hear if anyone considers this something worth discussing.

7. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Yeah that's a good idea. I have a whole complex of ideas in this area that I would like to put into the game at some point.

8. Lord Roanino

Lord Roanino Chieftain

The French Trading Company should give it armies to attack Mali as well as Southeast Asia.

9. Gritzeldrei

Gritzeldrei Chieftain

As far as I know; the Frennch do already get to have South east asia when they complete the trading company.

10. Lord Roanino

Lord Roanino Chieftain

Sorry, I mean that as in addition to what they already have.

11. Gritzeldrei

Gritzeldrei Chieftain

Ai India is too weak in the late game. By the time I have reached the year 2000, the Indians are still discovering Coal. Any reason for that? This also applies to most of the revival civs outside Europe (Arabia, Indonesia, Egypt,)

stillblackadder likes this.
  12. rmontaruli

rmontaruli Prince

Dinamic names for Italy.
    In a recent game of mine i noticed that Italy was labeled as "Lombard League".
    Well, that's not a name of a government or a territory, but the name of an ally against the emperor.
    I think it is more accurate a different denomination based on italian capital city in medieval ages:
    Florence: Grand Duchy of Tuscany
    Milan: Duchy of Milan
    Turin: Duchy of Savoy
    Venice: "Serenissima" Republic of Venice (btw, what's english for "Serenissima"? Maybe "The shinest"?)
    Naples: Kingdom of Naples
    Rome: Kingdom of Italy, Papal State, Italian Republic, based on civics

13. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I know. Lombard League is the name for Italy when running Republic in the Medieval and Renaissance eras. The names you mention are mostly already in the game and apply when it is running monarchical civics.

14. Malchar

Malchar Prince

This is usually translated as "Most Serene Republic..." in English.

15. rmontaruli

rmontaruli Prince

So, when is it called "Italian Maritime Republics"? I though this was the name when running Republic in Medieval and Renaissance eras and not "Lombard League".

16. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

While a city state and at war Italy ends with League and the Maritime Republics during peacetime

While a non empire city state at war, Italy is known as Lombard
    Code:
    elif iCiv == iItaly:
            if bCityStates:
                if bWar:
                    return "TXT_KEY_CIV_ITALY_LEAGUE"

return "TXT_KEY_CIV_ITALY_MARITIME_REPUBLICS"
    Code:
    elif iCiv == iItaly:
            if bCityStates and bWar:
                if not bEmpire:
                    return "TXT_KEY_CIV_ITALY_LOMBARD"

17. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

It's Lombard League when you're at war.

18. rmontaruli

rmontaruli Prince

It makes sense!
    I did not consider war for naming, but now i realize you did the right thing.
    As i wrote above, "Lombard League" was the name of the alliance of italian city states against the emperor.

Thanks to 1SDAN for showing the code: i'll have a look.

1SDAN and Leoreth like this.
  19. Cacaso

Cacaso Chieftain

Hi Leo,
    I was reading the thread "Disable event log messages" and it reminded me of something. I would like to request the addition of a notification for:

- other CIVs that started the construction of "Great Wonder".

- After the movement of all units on the turn, a notification of Workers in stacks that have not yet done any work (I always like to set up groups of 5 workers to perform inprovements in a single turn, but when I use this group for roads the fifth it usually goes without work because I pass the turn and forget about it) (and this notification could remain until the turn passed, and not disappear with time)

- In addition to the notification of the resources that the civs accept to trade, also put the "gold per turn" they have available (there are times when I think the "gold per turn" is more important than the available resources)
    to avoid excessive notifications, a minimum of 3 GPT could be placed to have the notification, or the user can specify a minimum number, because when I play in 3000BC scenarios, 1GPT is too much and I would accept to exchange for any resource in excess that I had. but in the 1700AC scenarios, I think that less than 3GPT would only fill the screen with notifications and would not bring me any interesting information.
    (For example: Byzantium will trade Dye, Wine, 7GPT)

Imp. Knoedel and Leoreth like this.
  20. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

That last request is available now FYI. I believe it's in the BUG settings, and you can customize at how much GPT the notification pops up.