Suggestions and Requests

Oh right, that can happen. Unfortunately I can't think of a workaround right now, maybe something crosses my mind later on. Sorry.

Which nations have no industrial or later leaders?
I know there's
Inca
Poland
Congo
Arabia
Italy (could have Mussolini as a newer leader for fascist Italy)
Tibet (unless there is a modern Dali Lama I just didn't recognize)
Mongolia
Mughals
Khmer
Siam?
Japan (could have newer one)
Netherlands
Portugal
Morocco
Mali
Chola
Spain
Greece

Please correct any ones that do have modern leaders. The reason some are on there is because they should have a modern leader that isn't specific to one thing, like Franco is specific to one type of Spain.

Greece and Haile Selasie is in.

I would state that every civ should recieve at least one leaderhead per era.
Spain, Italy and Prussia should recieve their industrial fascist leaders.

Admitedely they are more like anti-leaders than actual leaders, but it is justified to use them.

The way this works is that I put existing LHs in the game if they have an appropriate civ and time slot. Concentrating too many LHs on the same time period does nothing but waste memory with little impact.

Making suggestions with "we need this LH for civ X in era Y" is pointless because I can't conjure them from thin air. Direct that at the LH making community.

If you've found a decent leader however feel free to suggest it.

I'm not asking you to make the LHs, I never said that, I just want to know which countries need modern leaders so I can figure it out.

That was mostly in response to how citis' post was phrased.

What is pointless? If something is missing, it isn't pointless to say that it is missing.

What is pointless? If something is missing, it isn't pointless to say that it is missing.

But is it missing? I don't miss anything regarding industrial LH.

It's pointless if your audience can't do anything about it. Unless you're trying to organize some kind of collective action to go to the LH creator forum with.

Well a lot of LHs exist already. I was going to organize a thread for them when I get back from my vacation in Germany.

Inca
Poland
Congo
Arabia
Italy (could have Mussolini as a newer leader for fascist Italy)
Tibet (unless there is a modern Dali Lama I just didn't recognize)
Mongolia
Mughals
Khmer
Siam?
Japan (could have newer one)
Netherlands
Portugal
Morocco
Mali
Chola
Spain
Greece
Lech Walesa could work for Poland as a very late leader. Wilhelmina for the Netherlands. Hirohito for Japan. Chola should become part of India in 1949 and didn't exist as any state after the Mughal conquest. Arabia could be represented as Saudi Arabia with Ibn Saud. Pol Pot for the Khmer (as horrible as he was). Isn't Franco already in game. Mussolini should also be in, there also is no other leader for Italy in that era.

People like Pol Pot and Mussolini should be specific to certain government types. I think it would be wierder to see a democratic, peaceful Hitler than a communist, warmongering Gandhi. That's just the nature of civ 4

Well a lot of LHs exist already. I was going to organize a thread for them when I get back from my vacation in Germany.
Well, I don't know how vocal I've been about that in the past but I'm kind of obsessive about scouring the LH database for stuff to use for DoC. So unless you can unearth something that isn't explicitly in the database it's likely that it won't meet my quality standards.

You picked a great time to go to Germany by the way.

Congo had a dictator... Mobutu Sese Seko (modern)
Italy you can go for Mussolini, or King Victor Emmanuel II and III (the last reigned for 1900-1946 years)
Japan, surely got plenty... Hirohito is a must for modern.
Netherlands; Willem I (industrial) (Holland, belgium, luxemburg under willem I), Wilhelmina (modern)
And Chola... Its Civ so just letting a civ disappear cause India appeared would seriously ruin a player gameplay of they like to try Chola. Just a question does 1949 India appear and take everything?

No, at least not yet in any game I ever played. If it does spawn it is some weak fractured state that does nearly nothing noticeable. In the future India should be some kind of respawn in 1949 if the British aren't solid. The Mughals should collapse before this year if they aren't the Human player.

I have a suggestion about the persecutor unit. It's a national unit and every civilization can have no more than one persecutor at a time. Given that persecution causes one turn of city unrest, is it possible to raise the amount limit of persecutors? Like 2 or 3. They are already more expensive than missionaries, so it'll be much more convenient to have more than one of them at a time, just like missionaries. Civilizations like Spain and Arabia have good needs for them.

And about the "No Protestant civ in Europe in 1700 AD" goal of Spain, does one have to use a Great Spy and spies to convert Prussia to Free Religion or Catholicism on the 1700 AD turn? Because otherwise the goal fails. I did that but I don't think it's really intended that way?

Well, I don't know how vocal I've been about that in the past but I'm kind of obsessive about scouring the LH database for stuff to use for DoC. So unless you can unearth something that isn't explicitly in the database it's likely that it won't meet my quality standards.

You picked a great time to go to Germany by the way.

I saw a bunch of leaders that were actually very good, don't worry about looking for them, let me do that.

About Germany, is that sarcasm? :p It's just as hot here as Alabama, but thank god there's little humidity here.

People like Pol Pot and Mussolini should be specific to certain government types. I think it would be wierder to see a democratic, peaceful Hitler than a communist, warmongering Gandhi. That's just the nature of civ 4

A democratic and peaceful hitler is as weird as a democratic and peaceful Germany during industrial era. Let Germany recieve hitler as leaderhead and let them to try conquer Europe.

The same way a communist warmongering India is as weird as a communist warmongering Ghandi. Let India recieve Ghadi as leaderhead and make India peacefull.

In other words let leaders define the civics, agressiveness and so on. Not the other way around.

Top Bottom