1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for Civs' Palace Styles

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Guandao, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Ryansinbela

Ryansinbela Warlord

Where did you get the idea that The Mapuche, Scotland, and the Zulu will appear is it a leak if so who leads

2. halfhalfharp

halfhalfharp Prince

Indeed, but they only painted the figures. The background of the murals normally remains un-painted, giving the original pale limestone colour. (Or painted white-ish)

Spoiler Example :

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    TahamiTsunami and Guandao like this.
  3. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

Check the main Civ6 forum.....there are at least two threads discussing this....
    Here's one
    link
    And the other
    link

TahamiTsunami likes this.
  4. Ryansinbela

Ryansinbela Warlord

They leaked Lautaro I assume the other leaders are William Wallace and Shaka were they in a Leak

5. Guatenadian

Guatenadian Prince

For Canada a unique style based on the Châteauesque design would work. The Grand Railway Hotels were built throughout Canada and would serve us well as a palace. Then of course it could be based off of Centre Block since the American Palace seems to be based on the Congress building.
    Spoiler Canadian Architecture :
    upload_2018-1-20_18-54-5.png upload_2018-1-20_18-54-16.png upload_2018-1-20_18-54-44.png upload_2018-1-20_18-54-55.png

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    Kimiimaro and TahamiTsunami like this.
  6. Guatenadian

Guatenadian Prince

Shaka is pretty much guaranteed and William Wallace is looking like a possible candidate but pretty much no-one wants him to lead Scotland. But yet again, nothing is 100% confirmed.

7. Ryansinbela

Ryansinbela Warlord

you are right it is Robert the Bruce

Guatenadian likes this.
  8. TahamiTsunami

TahamiTsunami Prince

Since we're possibly not that far from a reveal of the next expansion, it seems like a good time to mention some more palace ideas for potential civs.

Unless we're getting the Polynesian blob again, it looks like the Maori are a reasonable bet. Their best option seems to be the Tūrangawaewae Marae.

Burma could probably keep the RIND palace but they do have other options if needed like the Mandalay Palace, Amarapura Palace, and Kanbawzathadi Palace.

I don't even know what a Noongar palace would be, an upscaled traditional Noongar shelter? I couldn't even find a government building for them.

For some other Polynesian options, Hawaii could use the Iolani Palace (or even Kamehameha's residence). The Tonga have their own royal palace too. This picture is supposed to be of a Samoan palace but I'm not sure if that's true or not.

Some solid African choices are the Royal Palaces of Abomey for the Dahomey and the Royal Palace of the Oba of Benin for Benin.

In the Americas, this page shows some Muisca architecture and the best option for them could be something based on their Temple of the Sun. The Tlingit have some good choices (Chief Shakes Tribal House or even some of their plankhouses). Not sure what Powhatan's residence would be like but I imagine an upscaled version of their lodges would be a reasonable place to start. It would be a more modern structure, but the Navajo capital at Window Rock would be really cool to see!

9. Rawrking

Rawrking Chieftain

Hi there, would you please consider to change Indonesian palace style into Balinese architecture instead of looking more Indian? Despite being a republic, there are functioning royal palaces and royal families exists as a cultural asset in Indonesia. Balinese royals, many believe, are the only royals that still preserve the original Majapahit architecture as they were descended from Majapahit nobles who fled Java after the arrival of the Dutch.

Ubud Palace

A still functioning royal palace ^^^

More of Majapahit Architecture :
    https://www.quora.com/Why-Majapahit...olve-in-Java-island-after-Majapahit-collapsed

10. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I know the great Mosque of Djenne isn't a palace, but it represents the kind of architectural style of what I would like to see Mali get for a palace and city buildings as well.
    Edit: Of course I forgot to mention a palace based off of Machu Picchu for the Inca, and that doesn't need an explanation.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018