Sukritact's Events and Decisions

When i am exiting to main menu, or to windows or sometimes when i am loading a game i get a rutime error. I checked the lua log and that's what i saw "MODS\Core\Events\CoreEvents\CoreEvents.lua:1004: attempt to call global 'PlotAreaSpiralIterator' (a nil value) ".

Dunno though if that's the reason of the error, but i thought posting it here just to be sure.

I can't read lua that well and am curious as to how the specific religious festivals work. I see a few religions have some preset yields that decision provides, but a vast majority are just [3] = "[religion name]". Do those provide random yields?

I can't read lua that well and am curious as to how the specific religious festivals work. I see a few religions have some preset yields that decision provides, but a vast majority are just [3] = "[religion name]". Do those provide random yields?

yes; you see, 3 is the entry that provides the name and flavor text. So stuff like Chaldeanism will have flavor text, but not predefined yields.

Just had a full game playing as Denmark and I have to say, it was incredibly impressive. If it helps, the game works fine with the mods: More Luxuries, R.E.D. Modpack and the Communitas map pack.

Loved the thematic Viking raids ability against city-states! It was really cool to get a bit of extra gold at much needed times when I wanted to strike out against another nation.

I'll be using this mod as a staple for all my games from now on! It's a great reason to go back to playing as Civs I've already played too. Thanks Sukritact! :hatsoff:

sukritact-

I really, really love this mod. It's amazing. But I seem to still be having the issue where attempting to leave the game causes Civ V to freeze and CTD. I have a huge log file and I'm not sure where the crash might be found (if it's even there at all), but I've tested with other things and it seems to only happen with E&D is enabled.

I also get the crashing when exiting the game or going into the main menu. It runs smoothly during the game itself though, so it's no big deal to me.

It is weird though.

I have the same problem. Also, for the death of a great artist event, I'm gaining gold instead of losing gold when I select the third option.

I have the same problem. Also, for the death of a great artist event, I'm gaining gold instead of losing gold when I select the third option.

Most likely case is someone modified the global "iMod" (other mods can do this if they offer Event support), otherwise, there is no way this could have happened.

And another question to Sukritact. It seems that Arabia and India both has Found House of Worship decision (wich is different effects though) For me it's okay, just one little question. Indian House of worship refers to Bahá'í House of Worship or Lotus Temple, am I right?

And another question to Sukritact. It seems that Arabia and India both has Found House of Worship decision (wich is different effects though) For me it's okay, just one little question. Indian House of worship refers to Bahá'í House of Worship or Lotus Temple, am I right?

The former I think, Arabia however has "Found the House of WISDOM".

Experienced a CTD when resolving the Incompetent Diplomat event. Got it in the Ancient Era and needed a quick point defense, so I took "We've been planning to conquer them anyway." for the free unit. I was at 0 Influence with Bratislava when it happened, figured it'd heal back from -60 by the time I could start going into Patronage, but NOPE.

Logs give me no runtime errors linked to Events and Decisions; just a clean and abrupt termination of Lua.log after the turn processing prior to that event firing.

Mind, I'm taking E&D on a spin as part of its integration into MPMPM-made multiplayer mods packs, so it's hard to tell if the E&D code is being substantially warped by anything. Managed to get through a 1-option event (Successful Embassy) and enact a "Seek an Industrious Prodigy" decision successfully, though. (Yeah, we're blending this with Wish For The World.)

Do modded civs that don't have custom decisions significantly fall behind? I'm really interested in using this mod, but I currently have a lot of modded civs and it would be a shame if they were all outclassed by the ones that do have support.

Decisions still have costs, so it depends highly on how modded civs got their decisions balanced (which is a very hard thing to do)... I have played games with civs with no decisions, and didn't find it harder... but that was before events.

Hey there, another question - do you plan to add any Modern Decisions in post the Steam Power Public Transportation one? I feel that this would flesh the late-game out a lot.

I'm happy to suggest away - but I'm thinking of things like Ecologically Sustainable Fishing, Thorium Reactors, Breeding Programs, Disease Research, Pollution Taxes, Foreign Aid, Digitized Law Systems, Immigration, State Funded Broadcasting Services etc.

Top Bottom