Sukritact's Events and Decisions

"Mod compatibility list"... is that supposed to mean a list of mods with E&D support, or a list of mods E&D can be safely run alongside without making the game engine implode?

:lmao:Well now you mention it both would be good but what I originally meant was: list of mods E&D can be safely run alongside without making the game engine implode? :lol:

All of them, I'm pretty sure.
But in either case, trying to compile such a list would be an exercise in futility; no one, not even Sukritact, can possibly hope to find every last compatible mod as well as keep pace with all newly mods.

Unzip it and put the folder in your documents/my games/sid meier's civilization 5/mods/ folder.

So I downloaded this and put it in my civ 5 mods folder, deleting the supposed CBP compatible one, which according to Gazebo no longer works properly.

Now? I install the one linked on this thread, reload, reload, delete cache and mod info, reload again...

And it doesn't show up in my modlist? :/

What the heck?

Yes, I unzipped it. :p I'm not that stupid. ^_^

... and... one more unzip and readd, and deleting a couple duplicate entries with just a modinfo number for a folder name, and it suddenly works this time. :p

I found a few bugs, playing Atilla.

I picked decision "Demand a Ransom from Pachacuti", and we have made peace.
But now I can't declare a war on him!
Although peace was made about 30 turns ago.
There are simply absent a button in dialog with leader, and I can't invade his territory
("Does this mean War?!?" dialog didn't appear)

Decision @Demand a Ransom from a ..." has conflicting descriptions:
-May only be enacted 3 times per game
-May only be enacted once per Civilization
So once or 3 times - I don't get it?

There some "Demand a Ransom from a <leader>" decisions, and one "Demand a Ransom from a Civilization", which is the same by description (except amount of gold), but second isn't work.
By descriptions it should be Enactable in the same time, but only "Demand a Ransom from a Pachacuti" was Enactable.

Another bug for Ashurbanipal:

I choose decision, which gave me units for every city, and unit appeared in my city with Library with Great work of writing with only 15XP from Barracks, but it should be 25XP, because of that library.

It can be enacted once with each civilization(you may demand ransom from each civilization once, to a maximum of 3 times per game.

It can be enacted once with each civilization(you may demand ransom from each civilization once, to a maximum of 3 times per game.

oh, it makes sanse.
Well, then choosed decision should be among Enacted Decisions, but it at Locked.
It looks like I sill can pick it second time on proper conditions, but I picked it once already.

I downloaded and installed Events and Decisions for my Mac, and while the Decisions part works just fine, the Events part does not -- 80% of the time whenever I click on an option for an Event, the game crashes.

I tried logging it as was said, and the game works fine with Events and Decisions turned off, but when I log it with E&D turned on, it crashes while trying to generate the map. I've tried comparing the two logs, but I haven't found anything that might have been causing it to crash.

Here are the lines that are present in the log without E&D that show up in that log but not the other:
Spoiler :
[962225.769] Garamantes Check: Garamantes Scripts
[962225.926] PolicyReligion: The Israel Mod Lua loaded succesfully
[962225.991] Norte Chico Mod Check: Norte Chico Check
[962226.044] Caral Coastal Imports: loaded
[962226.110] Kongo Scripts Check: Kongo Check
[962226.432] JFD_TopPanelUpdated: Phoenician Alphabet Top-Panel: loaded
[962229.976] AdvisorInfoPopup: Closing Advisor Info
[962229.976] Demographics: Dequeuing demographics
[962229.976] Demographics: Dequeuing demographics
[962233.284] KrumTrait: Faster Free Units
[962233.725] BarbariansEvolved: BarbEvolvedUnitUpgradePass: Iterating [0] Barbarian NPC units...
[962233.725] BarbariansEvolved: BarbEvolvedUnitUpgradePass: Upgraded [0] units, Deleted [0] duplicates without upgrading them.
[962233.775] BarbariansEvolved: MinorBarbsPolicyWindback: Adopting policy id [147]
[962233.796] ManxUA: Thanks to JFD for this script
[962392.109] InfoAddictHooks: INFO: Changing InfoAddict button visibility to LeaderHead contexts
[962392.109] FunnyValentineTraitScript: Player entering game...
[962392.109] Philippine_Functions: Player entering game ...
[962392.111] CivNames: Vassal mod is off

The "Garamentes Scripts" line is several lines above the rest, which are in a block. It's also right below the line "[962225.768] Garamantes Check: Garamantes Check", which shows up in both.

And here are the lines present in the E&D log, but not the log for the run that didn't have it:

Spoiler :
[961734.277] Mali Mod Check: Mali Lua Sripts
[961734.291] BuildingResourcePerEra: loaded
[961734.296] BuildingYieldFromCityStates: loaded
[961734.346] EnactDescisionsPopup: loaded
[961734.350] EnactDescisionsPopup: Core Decisions: loaded
[961734.359] EnactDescisionsPopup: Civ Specific Decisions: loaded
[961734.374] EnactDescisionsPopup: Religious Decisions: loaded
[961734.387] EnactDescisionsPopup: Tuscan Decisions: loaded
[961734.398] EnactDescisionsPopup: Nazca Decisions: loaded
[961734.430] EnactDescisionsPopup: Loading the Filipino Decisions
[961734.446] EnactDescisionsPopup: Loading the Cree First Nation's Decisions
[961734.455] EnactDescisionsPopup: Sioux Decisions
[961734.481] EnactDescisionsPopup: Mapuche Decisions
[961734.490] EnactDescisionsPopup: Champa Decisions

That last one is the last line of the log. I tried this a few times, and most of the time the game crashed on the line for Mapuche decisions.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Some ideas for events and decisions (sorry for the broken english, it is not my first language):
1. After choosing ideology, players may choose whether to purge their royal family or creating constitutional monarchy. The second decision would increase wealth and culture better than the other plus giving them extra magistrate. Purging royal family would increase population and production, also gaining a great artist, musician or writer.

Note : This event may also be trigerred when player gain the capital city of another player, purging other players' royal family would increase wealth 30% and production 10% also enter to the golden age for 10 turns, marrying local nobles to foreign royal family would increase happiness or decrease happiness permanently, there is no need to build a courthouse for the controlled capital city and increase culture.

2. Possible events and decisions for constitutional monarchy :

A. Royal fiancè : choosing spouse for crown prince / princess either a foreign royalty, a noble or a commoner. Foreign royalty increase wealth + foreign legion or other foreign units, noble increase wealth + culture, commoner increase culture and a magistrate.

B. Royal wedding : choosing lavish wedding or simple one, both increase culture and entering to golden age, however lavish wedding may cause revolt through the whole country although it increases culture a lot. Revolt will trigger purging royal family event. Need a magistrate

C. Royal succesion/assasination : no male heir to be found, choose either to break tradition by giving power to the princess or giving it to the closest male relative from royal family. Choosing princess will increase culture, choosing male relative will increase production. May trigger revolt.

D. Identity crisis: during medieval era, royal have to choose the identity of the country, choose what kind of tradition the country should get. Choosing commerce identity will increase wealth 1%+ 1 caravan, choosing military tradition will increase production 1% + unique military unit, choosing art and science will gain either great artist or great scientist.

E. Royal religion : choosing religion domination e.g for christianity choosing presbyterian, baptist or lutheran; for catholic choosing dominican, jesuit or anglican ; for muslim choosing sunni, shia or suffism, etc.

3. Possible events and decisions after purging the monarchy :
A. Celebrating independence day : choosing lavish or simple, similar effects to royal wedding event

B. Party leadership : choosing dual parties or multiple parties parlimentary system, similar effects to royal succesion event

I've been debugging my support for Events and Decisions for a couple of days now, and all comes down to this kind of runtime errors. Does any modder have experience with this error message? I have followed all the support orders, such as included the Lua files to the table with XML, and set VFS to true.

Code:
[739714.137] Runtime Error: C:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hypereon's Second French Empire (Napoleon III) (v 1)\Support\Hypereon_SecondFrenchDecisions.lua:115: attempt to call global 'Decisions_AddCivilisationSpecific' (a nil value)
[739714.137] Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hypereon's Second French Empire (Napoleon III) (v 1)\Support\Hypereon_SecondFrenchDecisions.lua.
[739714.137] Runtime Error: C:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hypereon's Second French Empire (Napoleon III) (v 1)\Support\Hypereon_SecondFrenchDecisions.lua:115: attempt to call global 'Decisions_AddCivilisationSpecific' (a nil value)
[739714.137] Runtime Error: C:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hypereon's Second French Empire (Napoleon III) (v 1)\Support\Hypereon_SecondFrenchEvents.lua:106: attempt to call global 'Events_AddCivilisationSpecific' (a nil value)
[739714.137] Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hypereon's Second French Empire (Napoleon III) (v 1)\Support\Hypereon_SecondFrenchEvents.lua.

I'm trying to fix it a couple of times, and if it still doesn't work, I'll post the files here through pastebin.

No idea, sorry...

Anyways, in anticipation of the conclusion of the Battle of the Nile, E&D has been updated. Ramesses II now has a new decision! Also a few bugfixes.

Well, I tried running it with all of my mods off accept for it and the ones I use every game:
Spoiler :
~Barbarians - Unlimited Exp
~City Limits
~Gibraltar, Reef, and Krakatoa
~Historical Religions Edit
~InfoAddict
~More Great Works
~More Luxuries
~Naval Healing Mod
~Pikeman to Musketman
~Quick Turns
~Religion - No AI Pottery
~Really Advanced Setup
~Extended Eras
~JFD's and Pouakai's Mercenaries
~Barbarians Evolved
~Wonder Race

Yes yes, I know, I'm a scrub. I don't see how any of these mods could interfere with yours though, so it's probably just the fault of my (Somewhat outdated) Laptop.

For now, I'm just trying removing the "Events" subfolder from the E&D folder in the mods section of my computer.

Is there a plan to make events for some of the Firaxis civs?

Furthermore, I've had problems enacting the German decision "Thurn und Taxis". Someone else experienced this?

The Incan Quipucamayocs decision made me go into negative Magistrates. Looking at the code:
Code:
	if (pPlayer:GetNumResourceAvailable(iMagistrate, false) < 1) then return true, false end
		if not(Teams[pPlayer:GetTeam()]:IsHasTech(GameInfoTypes.TECH_MATHEMATICS)) then return true, false end

return true, true
	end
	)

Decisions_IncanQuipucamayocs.DoFunc = (
	function(pPlayer)
		pPlayer:ChangeNumResourceTotal(iMagistrate, -2)
It checks for at least one magistrate but takes away 2.
So I changed the -2 to a -1, but with that Civ Specific Decisions don't show up in-game: I've broken the lua file. What's going on?

Top Bottom