Sukritact's Events and Decisions

For JFD things, all I have is the civs of choice from him on my mod list and his mercenary's mod. I have HAD the CBAP on through mod list, but I don't use it now and I don't think I have it anywhere in my civ through a direct installer.

Most of the errors in that log look to be caused by some mod having outdated CulDiv support, which often has the consequence of causing errors for subsequent mods trying to add their support and in doing so killing their mod support files as a whole. Text issues should be mostly harmless. There are also some straight database errors, like those unique constraint fails, but it's impossible to tell with the database log alone what's causing them.

@Chrisy, is there another kind of log I can post that would be a more helpful filter for the problems? Also, I don't have JFD's cultural diversity as a listed mod which makes it odd that outdated culdiv support would cause problems, no? Also, database errors I assume are dealt with as a seperate case to mod compatability issues, but I have verified files and done hard reinstalls and at least the problem with E&D persisted. Would you recomend I reinstall and clear my cache again?

Again thanks immensley for the support.

@Chrisy, is there another kind of log I can post that would be a more helpful filter for the problems? Also, I don't have JFD's cultural diversity as a listed mod which makes it odd that outdated culdiv support would cause problems, no? Also, database errors I assume are dealt with as a seperate case to mod compatability issues, but I have verified files and done hard reinstalls and at least the problem with E&D persisted. Would you recomend I reinstall and clear my cache again?

Again thanks immensley for the support.

The culprit mod can be roughly determined through a combination of the Database and Stopwatch logs, by comparing timestamps to find where the error originates. The fact that you're not using CulDiv is in fact one of the main causes of this: the issue is caused by the fact that support involves creating one of CulDiv's tables, but old mods will create outdated versions of this table that are missing columns that newer mods may try to insert into. If you were using CulDiv and these outdated mods referenced CulDiv (which isn't always the case but that's their fault) then CulDiv would create the most up-to-date table and this error would be averted. As such, the culprit mod will be the last mod to load a mod support file before the errors begin. The main problem this issue is causing is that it causes the code including and following the CulDiv insert in the file to not be run, which may include the civ's E&D support. So rather than clearing cache or reinstalling, the easiest solution would be to either find the culprit mod and update it's CulDiv, actually use CulDiv (which tbh I'd recommend since it doesn't have any gameplay impact anyway and the era splashes are qt), or remove the outdated mods (which is probs also a good idea, esp. given the general db errors you were getting...).

All this aside, could you explain your actual issue more clearly? Although this here is obviously an issue that needs to be solved, I'm not actually entirely sure what your initial issue was :p

This image is the best example of the problem I am having: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/924796350722398476/A9645508535A49B36611C82F5423EAB5B4486D8B/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:576&composite-to=*,*|1024:576&background-color=black

It is a text issue and as far as I can tell, that is it. I am not sure I really can make this more clear by providing more information at this point (both due to lack of access to the problematic PC for a time and because I had no more problematic symptoms I had seen whilst playing). I posted a page back on under what conditions this error seems to occur under. As for outdated mods, I know that at least according to civs internal loader, non of my mods are declared in need of updating. I also know this doesn't mean I do not have non updated mods, but I assume once I run stopwatch logs (I assume I can find instructions on how to run these on here) that will tell me which mod is problematic and ergo, outdated.

Honestly, I am quite alarmed by the logs, because they seem to be telling me I am having A LOT of errors before I even run E&D even though whatever these errors represent is not materialising in a noticeable gameplay error... Ultimately I can do the run singlular mods untill I find the problematic one, but that is hardly a joyful process with me running 30 or so mods currently and civ not booting particularly fast. Thanks again for your help (even if it has given me more apparent problems than I started with XD)

Edit: By stopwatch logs do you mean the sort that log all PC processes or is there something civ specific I should be looking for?

Also, if I need to provide other logs for you or other details that are exhaustively specific, I am afraid I am away from the relevant pc for some time. Apologies for asking for help and then being unable to follow up on it.

Edit 2: I have just visited JFD's discord and I may well have found my culprit. Perhaps it is that I think I am using Hungary who are incompatible. When I have access again, I shall certainly try it without Hungary.

Last edited:
This image is the best example of the problem I am having: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/924796350722398476/A9645508535A49B36611C82F5423EAB5B4486D8B/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:576&composite-to=*,*|1024:576&background-color=black

It is a text issue and as far as I can tell, that is it. I am not sure I really can make this more clear by providing more information at this point (both due to lack of access to the problematic PC for a time and because I had no more problematic symptoms I had seen whilst playing). I posted a page back on under what conditions this error seems to occur under. As for outdated mods, I know that at least according to civs internal loader, non of my mods are declared in need of updating. I also know this doesn't mean I do not have non updated mods, but I assume once I run stopwatch logs (I assume I can find instructions on how to run these on here) that will tell me which mod is problematic and ergo, outdated.

Honestly, I am quite alarmed by the logs, because they seem to be telling me I am having A LOT of errors before I even run E&D even though whatever these errors represent is not materialising in a noticeable gameplay error... Ultimately I can do the run singlular mods untill I find the problematic one, but that is hardly a joyful process with me running 30 or so mods currently and civ not booting particularly fast. Thanks again for your help (even if it has given me more apparent problems than I started with XD)

Edit: By stopwatch logs do you mean the sort that log all PC processes or is there something civ specific I should be looking for?

Also, if I need to provide other logs for you or other details that are exhaustively specific, I am afraid I am away from the relevant pc for some time. Apologies for asking for help and then being unable to follow up on it.

Edit 2: I have just visited JFD's discord and I may well have found my culprit. Perhaps it is that I think I am using Hungary who are incompatible. When I have access again, I shall certainly try it without Hungary.

The Stopwatch log is one of the Logs you'll find in your Logs folder, alongside Lua and Database. Hungary could cause issues, yea, but I don't think it's necessarily the culprit here. Tbh I'm not sure what could be killing the text file, but hopefully db and Stopwatch will narrow things down.

Thanks! Can someone direct me to an explanation what's the difference between the two? Or explain if there's no direct resource:)

The Stopwatch log is one of the Logs you'll find in your Logs folder, alongside Lua and Database. Hungary could cause issues, yea, but I don't think it's necessarily the culprit here. Tbh I'm not sure what could be killing the text file, but hopefully db and Stopwatch will narrow things down.

Here are my logs, both data and stopwatch, before E&D, I also have turned off some clearly problematic old JFD stuff, like Tsar Nicholas and Bohemia.:
Database https://pastebin.com/sHk1ujdT
Stopwatch https://pastebin.com/JCRTc0PH

And then, with E&D on:
https://pastebin.com/dBrZ0KbZ
https://pastebin.com/qJjnKqaG

Here are my logs, both data and stopwatch, before E&D, I also have turned off some clearly problematic old JFD stuff, like Tsar Nicholas and Bohemia.:
Database https://pastebin.com/sHk1ujdT
Stopwatch https://pastebin.com/JCRTc0PH

And then, with E&D on:
https://pastebin.com/dBrZ0KbZ
https://pastebin.com/qJjnKqaG

Are you using a seperate San Marco mod? I think that might be causing a UNIQUE constraint fail on E&D's text file, which is then killing all of E&D's text.

Are you using a seperate San Marco mod? I think that might be causing a UNIQUE constraint fail on E&D's text file, which is then killing all of E&D's text.
Not that I am aware of, or have any reason to think I have in the past installed. I should also say, I turned off a couple more of JFD's civs, and the text now seems largely to be display correctly. Somehow, even as a fix, having no idea what I actually fixed is a let down XD. Either way thanks for your advice throughout.

Hey,
I downloaded and properly placed this mod in the folder but it doesn't show up. Can it be a linux issue? Or is it a steam issue? I had the same problem with JFDLC, but there could be an issue with the installer.
I'm very interested in this mod as grand strategy games from Paradox are where I came to Civ from (I know It's a paradox). So sorry for placing my question here, but E&D are exactly what I want from Civ.

Edit: Ok, I got little more knowledgable and I know that it's caused by dll and caps sensitivity. I found a solution too but I failed to use it as I don't have a ubuntu based distro. I tried to run CiV in wine and it showed up. So, I'll try to solve it again in linux version.

Last edited:
Does this mod, Events and Decisions, give the AI players a set of choices and options as well? or is this mod just a "buff" to the human player?

Does this mod, Events and Decisions, give the AI players a set of choices and options as well? or is this mod just a "buff" to the human player?

The AI get decisions, yes.

I cannot not seem to figure out why, but it seems that when using any mods that add new religions (ex. Calypso's Colored Religious Icons Extended, Tomatekh's Historical Religions) in combination with both Events and Decisions and Rise to Power, the game will crash the turn after the human player founds a religion. Clicking on the decisions panel also causes the game to crash (though only after you have founded a religion), leading me to believe this mod may be the nexus of the issue. Oddly, this issue only seems to occur when all three mods are used together; it works fine when a religion mod is used with either EnD or RtP. I haven't been able to find a way around this unfortunately.

I cannot not seem to figure out why, but it seems that when using any mods that add new religions (ex. Calypso's Colored Religious Icons Extended, Tomatekh's Historical Religions) in combination with both Events and Decisions and Rise to Power, the game will crash the turn after the human player founds a religion. Clicking on the decisions panel also causes the game to crash (though only after you have founded a religion), leading me to believe this mod may be the nexus of the issue. Oddly, this issue only seems to occur when all three mods are used together; it works fine when a religion mod is used with either EnD or RtP. I haven't been able to find a way around this unfortunately.

The current public JFDDLC is incompatible with HR because of issues with the religious decisions. This issue is nothing to do with standalone E&D or Suk.

Top Bottom