1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Sukritact's Events and Decisions

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by sukritact, Jun 22, 2014.

1. King Morius

King Morius Warlord

Found out the problem. Something is limiting pop ups. Not all. Just the "Retire" pop up and the events pop ups. I don't know what. Firewall, maybe?

EDIT: Find out the problem. It was Cultural Diversity mod, witch requires the Community Balance Patch (CBP)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  2. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

1. CulDiv doesn't require any DLL component; it's the only aspect of the JFDDLC which doesn't require the base Community Patch.

2. CulDiv's Mythical Creature Events can be disabled in its UserSettings file, so if CulDiv is somehow breaking something it should be resolvable through there.

3. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

4. King Morius

King Morius Warlord

Is there a version that requires? Because i tested each and every mod alone and then with the other, and it was CulDiv that was preventing pop ups. I subscribed in Steam. Plus, CulDiv was not working.

5. dilophosaur

dilophosaur Prince

Steam doesn't have any CulDiv version. Maybe you mean Unique Cultural Influence (this is subscribable on Steam platform)?

6. King Morius

King Morius Warlord

No, it was CulDiv. UCI runs without any problem. Maybe it's a bug? It's not big, it just prevents some pop ups (like the retire pop up and the Events pop ups). This bug shows up when you are not using CBP or Pick and Mix DLL.

7. dilophosaur

dilophosaur Prince

Strange thing - maybe something DLL-dependent? E&D does not require anything besides BNW and appropriate version of CivV itself.

8. King Morius

King Morius Warlord

Maybe. I also use CIV IV Diplomatc Features.

9. Danwar

Danwar Warlord

I've downloaded the mod and moved it to my MODS folder, but I don't see it in the Civ 5 mod list when I start the game. Help?

10. dilophosaur

dilophosaur Prince

Manually or via Steam? If manually, did you unpack it?

11. Chrisy15

Dinolad plz know ur lore E&D isn't on Steam

As Dinolad said, unpacking the .civ5 mod manually might be a good idea. It's just a zip file, so extract it with w/e and a folder should be created in the MODS folder.

dilophosaur likes this.
  12. Danwar

Danwar Warlord

Oh, okay. I had never seen that filetype before (I usually install mods of the Workshop, but I didn't see a workshop page for it), so I did not know I had to unzip it. Thanks!

13. dilophosaur

dilophosaur Prince

@Chrisy15: you are right, thanks for writing that.

14. Buildkirbyus

Buildkirbyus Trainee Modder

I'm trying to add additional Yields to a certain bonus resource from a decision, how would i increase the yield of it from the decision by +1 :c5gold: and only that resource?

15. Chrisy15

Create a Function to iterate Cities and place a dummy Building with a row in Building_ResourceYieldChanges into every City, and both hook it up to the GameEvents.PlayerDoTurn Monitor and call it in the DoFunc.

16. Decent Guy

Decent Guy Chieftain

Is there any known reason that my civ specific decisions have a bugged TXT tool-tip in most cases? I have looked to see if I have any conflicting mods, but unless JFD's civs make the nation specific decision texts bug out I don't have anything that seems like it would conflict.

Enlightenment era seems the only thing that could conflict, is it known to?

17. Chrisy15

EE shouldn't cause conflict with Decisions, no.

Decision text could be reduced to TXTs for a few reasons: a missing Locale.ConvertTextKey, an invalid variable (a table, a nil) being passed into the Locale.ConvertTextKey, or the TXT simply not being defined in Language_en_US. Verifying these could help, or at the very least being more specific as to which Decisions you're talking about so someone else can verify for you.

18. Decent Guy

Decent Guy Chieftain

Thanks for the response. I can tell you that it is almost all Civ specific decisions that are problematic. Including Civs who have no JFD Civ changes to them, or changes through any other means. The following is a screen shot of what it looks like, I have nothing that interferes with morocco.
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....posite-to=*,*|1024:576&background-color=black

On locales, my system locale is Japanese if that matters, I can try changing it back to English to see if that helps. I have verified game cache and cleared the mod cache to prevent problems with having a past version of the CBP installed.

As for many of the other things you mentioned, I am afraid I am not tech savvy enough to understand many of them, but if there are instructions to be found and/or you don't mind providing them, I can certainly follow-up.

In fact, one of the things worth noting here, is that on byzantium I have JFD's change, and the one of the Civ specific decisions works and specifically effects a feature in the mod (specifically the stoudion). It may well be possible that decisions JFD has written in work, whilst decisions built on the base civs do not. I will investigate this through edits. It at least shows however that civ specific decisions can display normally.

19. Decent Guy

Decent Guy Chieftain

Edit 1: Have just installed and then tested Sukritacts Burmese civilization. As somewhat expected, this civilization has perfectly intact civ specific decision text. Perhaps there is a specific error with base civilizations? I am not sure what could be causing this though, as I have nothing installed that would both affect all base Civilizations in the game and yet not affect modded ones.

The site wouldn't allow me to post the above as an edit on the basis it contained spam like elements. Apologies if double posting is frowned upon.

20. Chrisy15