Sukritact's Events and Decisions

The events seem to be functioning okay, but I cannot seem to be able to find the Decisions menu. I understand it was supposed to show on the same drop down list as the Science or Unit List options, right?

The decisions menu is opened through Additional Options - the scroll in the top right

I seem to have a bit of a problem... The mod works for awhile, I can enact decisions and react to decisions just fine, but after a few of them, the game just crashes when one comes up

I seem to have a bit of a problem... The mod works for awhile, I can enact decisions and react to decisions just fine, but after a few of them, the game just crashes when one comes up

Events are known to sometimes cause CTDs; use them at own risk tbh. Decisions are fine tho, so you can just disable events in the usersettings if you wish.

Events are known to sometimes cause CTDs; use them at own risk tbh. Decisions are fine tho, so you can just disable events in the usersettings if you wish.
Anything I can do to help stop crashing, or is it a lost cause?

Anything I can do to help stop crashing, or is it a lost cause?

The most common cause of CTDs in my experience is the Cultural Development system, but to disable that you've gotta comment out code and idr off the top of my head which file it's in :/

Hello, might I offer an observation:

Mac OS X App Store version user here, mine crashes fairly often using the Events and Decisions mod. I'm using v3 of the mod.

I often find if an Event successfully pops up, if I immediately SAVE the game before addressing the event (ie just hit Esc when it pops up and save my progress), the game seems to tolerate what I am doing. If I don't, it more often than not crashes.

Quick and dirty workaround, and the only other mods I use are Dynamic Cultural Overview and a buttload of custom Civs. But hopefully this may ease some of the frustration we Civ V hangers-on have with this otherwise most excellent and interesting mod :)

Many thanks to Sukritact for all the hard work - I did coding at Uni, I know how much you would have put into this. Thanks once again for the mad work :)

Hello, might I offer an observation:

Mac OS X App Store version user here, mine crashes fairly often using the Events and Decisions mod. I'm using v3 of the mod.

I often find if an Event successfully pops up, if I immediately SAVE the game before addressing the event (ie just hit Esc when it pops up and save my progress), the game seems to tolerate what I am doing. If I don't, it more often than not crashes.

Quick and dirty workaround, and the only other mods I use are Dynamic Cultural Overview and a buttload of custom Civs. But hopefully this may ease some of the frustration we Civ V hangers-on have with this otherwise most excellent and interesting mod :)

Many thanks to Sukritact for all the hard work - I did coding at Uni, I know how much you would have put into this. Thanks once again for the mad work :)

Im using the same version, App Store version and Events & Decisions v3. Tried to do the save trick you provided, unfortunately mine still seem to crash almost every time. I love the idea of the mod and seems fun but just can't play it

I have a question, in-game the religious decisions are a one time :c5food:/:c5production:/:c5culture:/:c5gold:/:c5faith: gain, but on the wiki it says these decisions should make it so every decision after this one gives you these gains, what gives? I always found them a waste of a magistrate which are sort of rare in the later eras, if it actually did make it so every decision gave you these bonuses, it would be more worth it.

What Lua/Sql would allow ne the put a ingame description for creation of the Bhagwad Gita ? It is the only holy book with no description. Also , when I enact the decision to celebrate my religion where exactly will I be getting the lump sum yields ? I have found Hinduism and enacted celebrate Diwali Feast which was supposed to give me lump sum food. But in which city exactly will I get the food ? My holy city doesn't seem to have received any food yield.

Last edited:

Hey Chrisy, I am having trouble finding the usersettings for Events and Decisions v3. I've tried running the game with just Events and Decisions and it still crashes, so I'm moving onto more drastic measures like turning off the events. They seem to be causing the CTDs more often than not. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

I'm running Civ 5 on a late 2014 Macbook Pro, with only BNW and the official DLCs enabled (no G&K, it's bugged to all hell with the latest High Sierra update.)

Thanks again! :)

Hey Chrisy, I am having trouble finding the usersettings for Events and Decisions v3. I've tried running the game with just Events and Decisions and it still crashes, so I'm moving onto more drastic measures like turning off the events. They seem to be causing the CTDs more often than not. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

I'm running Civ 5 on a late 2014 Macbook Pro, with only BNW and the official DLCs enabled (no G&K, it's bugged to all hell with the latest High Sierra update.)

Thanks again! :)

There's a file not particularly deep into the mod's folders that's called UserSettings or somesuch; the setting is easy enough to find in there.

Ofc I can't guarantee that everything will work without GaK anyway, buuut...

I'm having a problem with the mod that i couldn't find the solution. Events don't happen in my games, they simply don't. I don't have any DLL altering mod (to my knowledge) nor the Community Patch.
Here are the mods i use:
3UC, 4UC and 5UC Unique components.
Some Wonders mods (adding new wonders).
Additional Ancient Ruins Rewards
All Promotions descriptions Tooltip (It doesn't work either)
Some new Civilizations mods and couple of trait altering mods from existing civs.
some unit altering mods
Barbarians Unlimited xp
Elinghtment Era
CIV IV Diplomatic Features
C4DF and Enlightment Era Compability
Some terrain altering mods
Circumnavigate the World (seriously, this should become an Event!)
CIV names by policies
Civ linked generals
couple of city-states additions mods
Dynamic Culture Overview
EE bugfixes
Emigration
Ethnic Diversity
Faster Aircraft
Future Worlds
Global Warming
Gibraltar, Krakatoa, Reef fixes
Global Warming Congress
Goody Hut no map
Great Admiral Aquaculture
Historical Religions
JFD's and Poukai's Mercenaries
JFD Cultural Diversity
Less warmonger hate
More Luxuries
More Pantheons
Resolution: International Monetary Fund, Resolution XCOM Initiative
Sukritact's Events & Decisions
Zwei833's Renaissance Era Revised
Some mos of my own. (just xml numbers tweeking and a new unit).

Found out the problem. Something is limiting pop ups. Not all. Just the "Retire" pop up and the events pop ups. I don't know what. Firewall, maybe?

EDIT: Find out the problem. It was Cultural Diversity mod, witch requires the Community Balance Patch (CBP)

Last edited:
Found out the problem. Something is limiting pop ups. Not all. Just the "Retire" pop up and the events pop ups. I don't know what. Firewall, maybe?

EDIT: Find out the problem. It was Cultural Diversity mod, witch requires the Community Balance Patch (CBP)

1. CulDiv doesn't require any DLL component; it's the only aspect of the JFDDLC which doesn't require the base Community Patch.

2. CulDiv's Mythical Creature Events can be disabled in its UserSettings file, so if CulDiv is somehow breaking something it should be resolvable through there.

Top Bottom