Sumer - CBP Compatable Custom Civs

You think so? Capturing cities isn't necessarily a rare event.

On second thought, that basically equates to having most of your cities enter a 20-turn WLTKD from going total war on another civ and winning, which sounds pretty fair to me.

Do we want the algorithm to include puppets/occupied cities too? Or just "core" ones? I say we include all of them, excluding only ones still in resistance (it doesnt make sense and it would suck to have a WLTKD in a city that can't actually produce anything)

You think so? Capturing cities isn't necessarily a rare event.

On second thought, that basically equates to having most of your cities enter a 20-turn WLTKD from going total war on another civ and winning, which sounds pretty fair to me.

Do we want the algorithm to include puppets/occupied cities too? Or just "core" ones? I say we include all of them, excluding only ones still in resistance (it doesnt make sense and it would suck to have a WLTKD in a city that can't actually produce anything)

If you could do it, non-puppets and non-resistance cities would make the most sense, I mean a puppet wouldn't necessarily love a king considering the whole point of puppet rule is to avoid king-rule, right?
Occupied cities I have absolutely no problem with, as long as they aren't in resistance.

So to sumer-ise (ahahah :lol:)
UA: Extra pop on settle. Start with a worker. Random 20 turn WLTKD when you capture a city. WTLKD gives % yields.

What's going from those 4 things (let's start with the worker :mischief:)?

I haven't piped up yet, but I don't like it triggering in a random city so much. It makes it pretty hard to plan what luxuries you're going to try and get hold of, and it varies in strength wildly. % yields (like the growth it already gives) are stronger on bigger cities. I would be looking to puppet all my captured cities if I thought it could guarantee WTLKD in my first or second city. Now that I've said that, it seems quite cool actually. :lol:

I disagree with the point that was made a while ago about how if you add WLTKD ontop of existing WLTKD it is somehow worse because you "don't get any closer to it ending". Unless you are conquering so many cities that the WLTKD exceeds the length of the game, that just doesn't seem true to me.

So to sumer-ise (ahahah :lol:)
UA: Extra pop on settle. Start with a worker. Random 20 turn WLTKD when you capture a city. WTLKD gives % yields.

What's going from those 4 things (let's start with the worker :mischief:)?
Think the worker is still in every city settled.

I haven't piped up yet, but I don't like it triggering in a random city so much. It makes it pretty hard to plan what luxuries you're going to try and get hold of, and it varies in strength wildly. % yields (like the growth it already gives) are stronger on bigger cities. I would be looking to puppet all my captured cities if I thought it could guarantee WTLKD in my first or second city. Now that I've said that, it seems quite cool actually. :lol
:
Sure, but sometimes you don't want it in the capital either, I think some randomness could be pretty fair actually.

I disagree with the point that was made a while ago about how if you add WLTKD ontop of existing WLTKD it is somehow worse because you "don't get any closer to it ending". Unless you are conquering so many cities that the WLTKD exceeds the length of the game, that just doesn't seem true to me.
That situation is not as rare as you make it sound, if you're going for a domination game, grabbing one city every 20 turns for the rest of the game isn't that uncommon, in fact it is probably more than reasonable.

I think we're going with +15% production on WLTKD, yes?

If so: UA as it stands is:

Cities start with extra [ICON_CITIZEN] pop and a worker. A city in "We Love the King Day" will gain +15% [ICON_PRODUCTION] production, and capturing a city starts "We Love the King Day" in a random city.

UU is the same

UB is the same

I think we're going with +15% production on WLTKD, yes?

If so: UA as it stands is:

Cities start with extra [ICON_CITIZEN] pop and a worker. A city in "We Love the King Day" will gain +15% [ICON_PRODUCTION] production, and capturing a city starts "We Love the King Day" in a random city.

UU is the same

UB is the same

Sounds like what we agreed to, yes :D

Okay. I'm gonna stop here and make that for the next version, AKA the last Alphabender. If it sticks, Beta is soon to follow. Things I have updated/plan to update for the next version:

All the patrons mentioned earlier
Pop bonus works for pioneers etc
Gilgamesh has an intro speech now (used to just say " " when meeting him)
Worker spawns in city founded, not capital
City capture starts rando WLTKD (20turns)
Production bonus in WLTKD
DoM Quote

After that version is out, I'll work on the Civilopedia text finally

I noticed the download link in Sun Pope's sig. Is this still in development, needing testers, or...? =)

Sorry folks, been busy these last two weeks. It's final's time here at university, so I'll probably not be able to realistically meet the end of April deadline I've given myself. However, the project shall go on, and I'll pop back in here with something soon (TM)

Sorry folks, been busy these last two weeks. It's final's time here at university, so I'll probably not be able to realistically meet the end of April deadline I've given myself. However, the project shall go on, and I'll pop back in here with something soon (TM)

The world misses you, Sun Pope, come back to us.

The world misses you, Sun Pope, come back to us.

Your prayers have been answered (?)

Sorry about role-playing as a corpse for the past few months, life has been...well downright awful for me this summer. I'll save you the pity party but it's suffice to say that I simply haven't had time to breathe, let alone work on this. My life has gotten suddenly not-busy this past week so I decided I owe'd you people a post, at the very least.

SINCE it's been so long since I've worked on this and Civ 6 is right around the corner I believe the would-be series is gonna be scrapped. I really did enjoy working on the project and would love to see it to the end, but I am in no position to be promising anything to be accomplished. Hopefully some day in the future, I'll be able to return to the modding scene on Civ 6.

I apologise again for disappearing, and I hope that I can return once I get to a more stable place in my life.

Cheers,
Pope

Hello Sun Pope - I don't know if you're still watching this thread, but I love this mod! I like building things, so it's perfect! There are two problems that I've seen, though:
1. After building the ziggurats, you don't always get all of the gods to choose from. The god of buildings & the god of sky are often missing (probably a mod conflict),
2. The game isn't recognizing the ziggurat as a temple.
Even with these small problems, this is still my favorite! If anyone has the skill to update this to comply with the latest version of Vox, I'd be very grateful.

Hello Sun Pope - I don't know if you're still watching this thread, but I love this mod! I like building things, so it's perfect! There are two problems that I've seen, though:
1. After building the ziggurats, you don't always get all of the gods to choose from. The god of buildings & the god of sky are often missing (probably a mod conflict),
2. The game isn't recognizing the ziggurat as a temple.
Even with these small problems, this is still my favorite! If anyone has the skill to update this to comply with the latest version of Vox, I'd be very grateful.
Your best bet is probably trying to convince someone else to take the project up, SP have left the building :D

Yeah, I thought that might be the case. Hopefully, someone who know more coding than I will pick it up

Top Bottom